@ZCOMMON_ACE Useless?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• @ZCOMMON_ACE Useless?

I have been wondering this for a little while now. On Six updater coming from bravo servers repository @ZCOMMON_ACE is black. It is my belief this is the old version of Zeus AI that is not compatible with OA. As there is a newer version on six updater called @ZEU_AI_ACE which is not black. I have that version myself and am not sure that if I were to use it to its fullest any mission I created would work on the server.

Zeus AI works best if both the server and client are running the same version, else the client version isn't used at all. If it is indeed black to others then it really isn't being used. So my proposal is that we change to this valid version (@ZEU_AI_ACE). Unless of course this @ZCOMMON_ACE is black to me due to some random bug. Or some other explanation can be given.

Thank you for any consideration.
    Scarecrow of Arma2 Bravo Server

Re: @ZCOMMON_ACE Useless?

You are right that is an old version, and since it isn't compatible with Combined Arms is why it is Black. Ths same reason CBA_A2 and CBA-OA are Black. Socom will have to fill in the rest of the info you need.

Comment

You only need Zeus AI running on the client if you intend to control friendly AI. Otherwise there is no point in doing so. I am assuming that it is on the Six repo because it is on the server. It is black because you do not need it, same with CBA_OA etc...

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

It is indeed on the server but it is not a truly compatible version, also a much older version. So I am just questioning why we are running that specific version and not a correct one. Though I am not 100% sure on the effects of the mismatch. Yet I do know the new version has several added features, such as AI being able to use several vehicles and aircraft to better effect. As well as a few features for mission makers.

Comment

The version on the server is compatible, it does work. It was thoroughly tested to confirm its working. The reason why it is blacked out in six is because we do not want clients to download it so we disabled it.

With that said, there is a newer version available, so we will look into updating Zeus soon.
          |TG-73rd|Socomseal
          |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Thanks for your reply Socom, I hope this answers the question that was put out there and help explain how you are doing your best to oversee what is running on the server, so as to keep it running smoothly and adaquetly for all of us to enjoy. I appreciate all you do, as well as the rest of the Admin team.

Comment

Well thank you for clearing that up Socom. I knew the older versions were called zcommon which is what had me confused.

Might you be inclined to answer why you do not wish clients to download it?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X