Help me pick an ArmA mission!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me pick an ArmA mission!

I'd like to play me some ArmA tonight! Suggest some missions that fits this bill:

- I have 90 minutes from boot-up to power-down (can't spend 40min planning or 20 minutes in transit to the AO)
    - I don't have ACE or ACRE installed (and don't have time to get that figured out tonight)
    - Figure somewhere between 2-6 people playing (so a smallish, spec-ops type mission would be good)
    - I want to shoot and be shot at, so maybe an urban/cqb type mission? (don't want to wander around a virtual forest for 90minutes and only make contact twice)

so... whacha got!?

Re: Help me pick an ArmA mission!

Sorry don't fully understand what you mean you talking about a multiplayer mission to do online with others or offline single player?

Online will depend on what the server is running?

Offline depends on what you download and install?

Comment

Online w/ friends! :) I was assuming we can change the missions like we could in ArmA 1... did that change?

Comment

As far as I no, download a mission that you like from armaholic or somewhere install set your coop up and away you go, as for missions without playing them through I wouldn't no. Maybe try some of the campaign missions all can be played coop.

Comment

Hey Wicks, our Gormet cook would sugguest you hop on Alpha Server and run the Insurgency mission. It's a good mix and for you I would bring a few people as medics.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
            Hey Wicks, our Gormet cook would sugguest you hop on Alpha Server and run the Insurgency mission. It's a good mix and for you I would bring a few people as medics.
            LOL, I was thinking of that mission precisely. Any missions that involve pilot slots usually tend to take longer to get to the AO, which equals to longer wait time.

It will be great to see you back on our servers WhiskeySix.

p.s. You're missing out with ACE and ACRE.
            Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 08-15-2011, 03:34 PM. Reason: moar text

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Id hate to even mention the mission but since your working without ACE/ACRE then Id suggest Domination or the above Insurgency. DOmi allows the use of weapons of choice and a relativity quick pew pew session, while Insurgency is nice fore some tactics and pew pew.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

- Another one just popped into my air cavity lazed brain...... Think domi side missions, but with UPSMON have it nice and dynamic start small with four "side missions" but have them dynamic with placment and the like. Have an Combat Air Patroll for the choppers to fly in to trigger the missions around the far edges of the map.

- Have to defend a COP/FOB from enemy advances or even go capture THEN defend from counter attack

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

dude...breathe in, breathe out

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Jack can borrow my Oxygen tank!!

Comment

lol... i have no idea what you guys are talking about :icon_lol: I'll hop in TS and try figuring something out ;)

Comment

Wow... I just realized my last post was supposed to go into the mission idea thread......whoops :row__517:

Comment

Ended up playing insurgency (I think). Had a good time shot many bad guys and only died twice... thanks to jordo for putting up with some of my noobish questions :D

Comment

insurgency can be very fun with the right bunch of guys...Small unit infantry battles with lots of CQB action. Can be very tactical with the right bunch...glad to see you enjoyed it. C'mon back again sometime ya hear...Well listen to a story about a man named...no never mind. showing my age.
                            sigpic
                            |TG-1st|Grunt
                            ARMA Admin (retired)
                            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Hmmm think that Insurgency on the Alpha server fits your needs best. It can be quite fun.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X