Experience Quotes for Track IR

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Experience Quotes for Track IR

A few of us are writing a upcoming Track IR 5 review and I know quite a few here own a Track IR product. This review is part of a promotional partnership with NaturalPoint (company behind Track IR). It would make a great addition to the review, if I could get a few of you put jot down a few lines on your personal experience with your Track IR. Just post them below. Thanks in advance! :D
    |TG-18th| Acreo Aeneas
    TG World of Tanks Clan Executive Officer
    Former 9th & 13th

Pronounciation: Eh-Cree-Oh Ah-Nay-Ess
    Still can't say it? Call me Acorn then. -.-

SSDs I Own: Kingston HyperX 3K (240 GB), Samsung 840 Pro (256 GB), Samsung 840 EVO (250 GB), Samsung 840 x 2 (120 GB), Plextor M5S (120 GB), OCZ Vertex (30 GB)

TG Primer and Rules

Re: Experience Quotes for Track IR

I love mine, at least for flying. In fact its gotten to the point that I cant play any flight sim without it now, but I generally avoid using it when i'm playing as infantry or driving in dirt or RBR. Its not that its bad for those things I just never got used to moving my head while playing those games. I've heard that its also very useful for other kinds of racing where you have to watch out for other cars though like in F1 2010 or Grid.

Comment

I love my TrackIR. It allows me to gain a better situational awareness when in combat in Arma2:OA. It allows myself the flexibility when sighted in down the barrel of my weapon to be able to rotate my head slightly from left to right to gain that little extra sight line while performing CQB exercises or before entering a doorway or compound. While suppressing the enemy I am able to still shot in the direction that I am pointing my rifle, but take a peek from side to side to gauge how the rest of my fire-team is doing, or even while I am reloading, it allows me to quickly scan for more potential contacts. While preforming in the reconnaissance role, it allows me to keep my silhouette low and not rotate my entire body/avatar attracting more attention to my position, all I have to do is rotate my head, reducing movement and potential revealing my concealment to the enemy.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Once you become one with trackir the immersion factor increases tenfold, situation awareness is so much better as said above, I use mine fully with FSX ,arma 2 and GTR EVO/rfactor and just can't play without it running anymore as you just miss it so much when you don't have it on, to me it's as important as a monitor,keyboard and mouse. A must have.

Comment

Good device, once you use it for a while, it becomes quite intuitive. Once you adjust it to your personal preferences, that is. I find myself using ALT a lot to look around in game, whether to make myself less of a target when looking around or if I'm prone, it's quicker than shifting my whole body around. Often I forget to hook up TrackIR so go without it. Jack hit the nail on the head with situational awareness. If you near a noise, you should instinctively turn towards the noise. Reactions are improved, and you generally function more fluidly. I don't fly much, but I can imagine it is a godsend. It can also help in some other vehicles like Humvees where the FOV is reduced and the side windows are lined in armour.

Problems are that I find it often loses the centre and you have to tap the reset key every now and then. I notice this more evidently in racing sims when you are on the stright and the camera is slumped to the left. Granted, it's not as bad using the standard hat clip, the TrackClip Pro is a bit frantic at times for me. Also, while setting up is necessary to get the best out of it, it does take a lot of time and practice to get the way you want, and the settings used to adjust it are a but finicky at times.

Comment

Have been using TrackIR since 2006. My first was the TRackIR3, then I bought a TrackIR4, which I still use today. I have used it for all my flight sims that support it, and am currently using it for Flight and Character play in Arma2 Combined Arms. It actually puts you in the game more than other players without it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X