Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• FaceTrackNoIR

FaceTrackNoIR: http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net/home/default.htm

Just found this program that uses a face tracking API to simulate head movement just like the super expensive Track IR hardware does...and all you need for it is a webcam/PS3/xbox360 camera.

After a bit of tweaking and adjustments it works very, very well in arma with my Logitech Quickcam Fusion, a super old (at least 4 years), cheapie webcam.

I read some people complaining about jittery/wandering and the fix is just a matter of keeping your axis sensitivity proportionate with your neutral zone and then adjusting for your desired range of head movement.

I'm very pleased with the results, and ultra glad that I don't have to spend the $$ to enjoy this much more immersion into the ArmA2 world.

Wow, awesome! I can finally stop staring at that sad heap of leds and resistors I bought to try and make a free track, and just use this instead! Thanks for the info :)

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: FaceTrackNoIR

Just checked this out with my 3 year old, 5 Logitech webcam. It works as intended and would be excellent if used with a better webcam, unfortunately mine only runs at 10FPS so it makes all the game movements horribly jerky. Quite impressive actually, especially considering the prices of webcams these days.

Comment

I finally got it at a PERFECT medium between stability and responsiveness. The head sensitivity is stable enough to look down my ironsights while zoomed in and theres no deviation unless I deliberately move my head a bit.

If you're still screwin around with your curves settings, the trick is to put the deadzone/neutral zone at 0 (I find it kinda interrupting and unnatural) and make your input curves almost vertical at the start...As in, more head movement input is required for the first initial degrees of in-game movement. I'm certain that I'm not explaining this correctly, but if anyone needs my .ini lemme know, it'll get you goin and at least give you a good starting point for configuration.

Comment

I wouldn't mind it, get on teamspeak if you could sometime.
          |

Former Irregular and 18th SFOD
          Oh, Death was never enemy of ours!
          We laughed, knowing that better men would come,
          And greater wars; when each proud fighter brags
          He wars on Death, for lives: not men, for flags.

Comment

Great find Aborted Man. Have a new Microsoft Lifecam HD…will be interesting seeing how it handles HD. I’ll post the results. Thanks for sharing.

Comment

Here's a link to my current config file for FaceTrackNoIR, it's smooth yet responsive.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/14029139/testArmA2.ini

I've found that light conditions have a big effect on performance and stability of movement, so you'll have to toy around with what you have available. I put a small desk lamp to the right and slightly behind my monitor and it works fine while the rest of my living room's light are off.

Oh, and I'm reading that the framerate of your camera plays a huge role in tracking your movement, the standard benchmark is 30fps so if your camera is slower than that, you'll probably need an upgrade.

Comment

Found out this will not work for those of us with i5 and i7 cpu’s. However for a donation they will include you as an alpha tester and send you the 1.6 alpha build. This is worth trying…more to follow.

Comment

ZAP any idea when they will release an update for core i CPUs?

Comment

Originally posted by Subsy View Post
                    ZAP any idea when they will release an update for core i CPUs?
                    Not at this point...just sent my donation and haven't heard back yet. I will try to find out more and post it here. You may find info on their forums...I haven't had time to check them out. https://sourceforge.net/projects/fac.../forum/1150910

Comment

Zapp, they probably took your donation and put it towards a new TrackIR (kidding)

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
                        Zapp, they probably took your donation and put it towards a new TrackIR (kidding)
                        hehe your probably right Sarge...believe me I'll keep you posted. I did read a post he put on his forums where someone made a donation and didn't get the alpha right off fast. He posted he had a real job and sometimes he sends the files fast and sometimes slow. I'll give him plenty of time.

Comment

Best solution for this is PS3 Eye webcam. It is USB and have drivers for Windows and can run on 640x480 with 75fps or 320x240 on 150fps it is comparible with TrackIR V.

Camera is something about 20€ depend where you buy it.

Comment

Just ordered a PS3 Eye Cam from Amazon for $20 incl. shipping...I'm reading on multiple forums that this is the best camera to be using. Will report back when I get it.

Comment

They claim any 'WDM-compatible' web cam should work http://facetracknoir.sourceforge.net...ty/webcams.htm

But anyway I received version 1.6 today and I’m an official alpha tester…lol Well I was…still am I guess. If you have i5 or i7 CPU’s plan on a lot of fiddling until you get it working…if you get it working. I’m getting an APIScope error that 1.6 was supposed to fix. Till I figure that out not much more happening with this for now. More sitreps to follow.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X