Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

The *OFFICIAL* ACRE Team bug hunting thread!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The *OFFICIAL* ACRE Team bug hunting thread!

Hi everyone -

We currently have a thread up at multiple communities for hunting down ACRE bugs. I figured I'd kick one up here for feedback @ TG as well, since you guys are also extremely loyal and extensive users of ACRE. Here is our current status:

- 1.3.11 had 3d sound issues with TS3 3.0.0
    - TS3 3.0.1 just got officially released today, which fixed these issues
    - We are starting to catch murmurs of a memory leak in arma2 with jayarma2lib. If you experience these, please send us the crash dumps!
    - Vehicle racks should be fully working,
    - 1.3.11 fixed all cut-out issues except for TS3 related issues. Please still report if you receive these; this should include average FPS, computer specs, and what country your from.

These are the issues we are currently aware of, but also, we just like to collect feedback and input from the communities which use ACRE. You can also file tickets at our official tracker, here:
    http://tracker.idi-systems.com/projects/acre/issues/new

Thanks everyone!

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
    Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Re: The *OFFICIAL* ACRE Team bug hunting thread!

Yes seeing as we have never discontinued the use of ACRE I think we classify as extremely loyal. :)

My only issue has been TS crashing somtimes when opening and closing tabs while ACRE i enabled. Its only happened twice and i'm not sure if its related to ACRE or TS.

Comment

Originally posted by tralicrifleman View Post
      Yes seeing as we have never discontinued the use of ACRE I think we classify as extremely loyal. :)

My only issue has been TS crashing somtimes when opening and closing tabs while ACRE i enabled. Its only happened twice and i'm not sure if its related to ACRE or TS.
      Can you confirm you mean multiple TS3 server tabs?

If this is the case, this is a known issue - we haven't even begun to implement the interfaces required for multiple tabs.

HOWEVER! You *can* install Multiple TS3 instances and use them both at the same time - this is what I do to get around this while I am in game. Do you need any instruction or help on that? (easiest way is just install a 32-bit and 64-bit version, one with ACRE and one without)

|TG-TFP|Jaynus
      Task Force Proteus

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that sometime, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but Im just not close enough to get the job done."

Comment

yes I mean multiple tabs, its not that big of deal, I just need to remember to disable it before I try to open more than one tab.

Comment

Has Acre been fixed so that on a computer that had Steam ArmA 2 installed, then at a later date had Steam ArmA 2 OA installed, manual editing of the computer registry isn’t required to make Acre work properly?

Comment

Copy A2 files, drop in OA folder. Make sure you select to not overwrite and then set up your shortcuts to lunch via the OA exe. If you need additional help with installation you should contact one of the TG admins on TS. AFAIK this is an arma/steam problem with merging installations not ACRE(similar to the large patches seam users get because steam isn't PBO compatible). I have to admit I don't know what a registry is or how to edit it though so i might of changed mine as part of my installation and not realized it.
            Last edited by tralicrifleman; 08-25-2011, 07:53 PM.

Comment

Lets respect the OP and keep it to only ACRE related issue, news, etc.

Next person that posts any stuff that isn't directly ACRE related, it's getting deleted.

You have been formally warned.

That is as much transparent as you will expect from me & other Admins at ARMA.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by tralicrifleman View Post
                Copy A2 files, drop in OA folder. Make sure you select to not overwrite and then set up your shortcuts to lunch via the OA exe. If you need additional help with installation you should contact one of the TG admins on TS. AFAIK this is an arma/steam problem with merging installations not ACRE(similar to the large patches seam users get because steam isn't PBO compatible). I have to admit I don't know what a registry is or how to edit it though so i might of changed mine as part of my installation and not realized it.
                We had tried that before. The only way we got it working was for Acog to manually edit my registry. After I rebuilt my computer it put me out of action and I was so Pi$$ed trying to install it I stopped trying. If Jaynus says that issue has been fixed in Acre I’ll try installing it again…if not I won’t. Thanks for trying to help.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X