What kind of mission do YOU want!?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of mission do YOU want!?

Well. I'm sort of in a rut here. recently I've been thinking about getting back into the ArmA2 mission making scene; however, every single time I do I end up attempting these huge missions that are extremely complex and they end up giving me a headache and I almost give up on them. That, and I am also kind of out of ideas for missions :row__581:

So, I've created a little poll here to get the player's feedback on what kind of mission that you guys want to play. I'm looking towards smaller missions that are semi-complex and feel quite a bit more realistic. Submit your ideas and I'll do my best to turn it into a fun and playable mission for us here at TacticalGamer!

Mission Idea Submission Form - Link
    Last edited by ZephyrDark; 11-05-2011, 12:36 PM.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: What kind of mission do YOU want!?

In a rut...meaning not much doing in Wells Maine in November? Come to think of it not much doing where I am either...lol

Comment

Wow, that mission submission form is pretty intense looking. O_O

Comment

A lot of the form is optional. I'll be giving credit mostly to the people who submit the ideas. I will also most likely be publishing a lot of the responses somewhere here on the forums so any mission make can pick up the ideas so as long as they credit the person who came up with the idea in the first place; however, to allow for ideas not to be taken without credit in place that may be difficult and I am thinking of a way to do that right now.
        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Sent

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Sent one as well.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

This is my only request: actually be able to use the 700 rounds i carry at all times. That is all
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Able to update CLAfgan onto the list?

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Just sent one in for ya Python!
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Submitted.
                    Should count as two. :P

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

sniper hunt mission might be fun, if you had infinite respawns / life timer. Then you'd need to be good at map reading, record where people were when they got shot, and triangulate from those locations where the sniper might be.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

@Blackpython - Man this is adding up to a lot of missions to work on! How many project folders you got now?
                        |TG-189th| Unkl
                        ArmA 3 Game Officer
                        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                        189th Infantry Brigade Member
                        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
                          sniper hunt mission might be fun, if you had infinite respawns / life timer. Then you'd need to be good at map reading, record where people were when they got shot, and triangulate from those locations where the sniper might be.
                          I approve this message. Right in the face.

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                            I approve this message. Right in the face.
                            \o/

A thinker's fight. Have to know how to read maps, contour lines, and stuff.

Pepper

Comment

• 30-60 minutes of actual gameplay
                              • JIP/No Respawn
                              • 1-2 squads with limited support
                              • 5-15 enemies
                              • Simple tasks
                              • Medium sized villages with good possibilities of manoeuvre

*Read the below written and think of an Afghanistan backdrop.

Keeping the mission no respawn will be an absolute demand from my side as it ensures the individual soldier only have one chance at the mission. This way the soldier will make sure all limbs are in complete cover once the first bullet cracks over their head. It increases awareness about single-fighter skills: No no no, thou shalt not lay in the middle of the road, in the open, when there is a perfect house corner with cover where you can rest your weapon and make a stack with your buddy (More cover, precision, firepower vs no cover, precision and only a single rifle). It also promotes the importance of the medics, their actions (CCPs, prioritizing casualties, medical supplies etc) and makes them an absolutely critical part of the mission.

Own forces should be limited to one/two squads at most with limited support (60mm mortar team) as not to overwhelm the scenario with bombs when the focus is on the bullets. By that I mean keeping it down in the dirt with the infantry and not having an A10 above be the deciding factor. The weapons should reflect the soldiers function, so the MG soldier actually weighs a ton and moves like a brick which the leaders will have to take into consideration. Superior tactics instead of superior firepower.

The challenge presented by the enemy should weigh heavily on quality over quantity. I remember old missions where the force ratio was ridiculously unbalanced and resulted in a meat-grinder shoot fest. This has made me think of making the missions TvT. This would resolve the issues of re playability and hopefully make for new experiences every time. Facing the same IED every time will become increasingly dull, but have them hidden new places will keep people awake and alert.

I am interested in missions that are short, intense and difficult. It should focus very much on the cooperation with a single or two squads i.e. correct use of cover fire, bounds, fields of fire, passing commands and information down and up the line by mouth(!), coordination, ACE reports, single-fighter skills and covering ones flanks and rear. In short to make an immersive fire fight.
                              |
                              | |

"Kirov is boss"
                              CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed