No announcement yet.

Interest in a Semi Continuous Campaign?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interest in a Semi Continuous Campaign?

So I had an idea I would like to see how much interest there is in before I spend too much time trying to put it together.

Basic Idea is to take the best of the MSO(multi Session Operations) and single battles and try to meld them together.

I would do this by..

1. Mission starts with all blufor on LHD with vehicles etc.
    A. Mission OBJ is to secure a beach head before a certain time. There will obstacles though(keeping those under raps;) )
    B. Once beach head is secure, LCACs can bring Tanks and other equipment too heavy for helos to airlift in to the beach head.
    C. OBJ is now to defend beach head.

2. Mission ends
    A. scripts will record which vehicles are alive and where there positions are. Same with Units and their current status. Possibly defensive structures as well
    B. The next Mission will be made with this data and used as a starting point providing continuity for the whole campaign but allowing for server restarts and breaking the action up into 2-3 hour chunks
    C. Vehicles and ammo will be resupplied at the beginning of each mission based on side missions given to the commanders of the different forces(Sea, Air, and Land)

3. House keeping

Player slots would be first come first serve, to provide the most continuity squad members from the first game would be given first dibs on their SINGLE SLOT(ie if you were a pilot in the first game and want to be a grunt in game 2 you would give up pilot slot but not be guaranteed a grunt slot). Any slots in game 2, 3 etc not filled by first gamers would be given to people in the usual way ie first come first serve in a forum post sign up. Game 3 would then seek to keep game 2 squads as they were..game 4 would keep game 3 and so on. (hopefully this makes sense if not ill try to explain better)

ACE map tool marks would be allowed to be made but any non local(ie ones you didnt make) double click map marks would be deleted via script to prevent easy GPS ing :P if you want to communicate an area use map coords. Over all commander could make markers at begining of round but this too would be removed after a set time period

missions would be respawn and JIP but all respawns would be on the LHD and would be at least 3-5 minutes

vehicles would not respawn in mission( i would likely include an emergency resupply that could be used every other mission(ie if you use it game one..you cant use it game 2..if you use it game 2 then no using it until 4 and so on) just incase something un for seen would occur and include admin ability to spawn vehicles incase there is a game bug mishap that unfairly costs a vehicle.

depending on the number of players I would include offshore naval batteries(ACE artillery on a moveable platform :P)

the mission area of operation would be limited to an extent(no cross this line and your dead boundries) but instead the area would be ringed by triggers that would spawn random types of enemies if they were crossed by land units to simulate wandering into unkown territory..so you may be able to get away with going out of bounds to swing around that enemy and all youll have to face is a small spec ops team..or you may spawn in a group of 4 t-80s..no way to know:P)

would attempt enemy continuity as well..ie the enemy has a set number of tank platoons apcs etc and for every one removed it is deducted from their forces with reasonable reinforcements for the enemy as well..though this would depend on how efficient the BluFor was at removing the enemy so forces may be added in order to keep things fun.

This would require some scripting so this is at least a month maybe 2 months off but I think this could be a lot of fun and bring some new blood into TG if we advertised it right.

If you think this sounds like fun..let me know and please add any suggestions you would have.

if you think this sounds fun and would like to volunteer to help script it let me know :)
    Yes
    92.86%
    No
    7.14%

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: Interest in a Semi Continuous Campaign?

Sounds excellent!

Comment

Sounds great. Id definitely be interested in this.

Comment

[DROOL]I think this is quite an excellent idea[/CONTINUEDROOL]
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'll give you my first born child.

Comment

Count me in.

Comment

sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Looking forward to it.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Sounds like a lot of fun.

Comment

Ok...I think there is enough interest to look into what I can do.

I have run across a system used by another community and I am awaiting admin reply on asking to use parts of their system for this.

Barring that my first order of business will be:

1. System that will Assign every vehicle and unit a name/number
                    A. Using this name/number and storing with it info on location damage and fuel/ammo
                    B. Export this data to file that can be referenced in editor
                    C. Automatically use this data to recreate the end of mission data in a new mission

anyone wanting to help lemme know

Comment

I'll give you Ivan's second born! And I'm willing to help, but not sure what help my limited skills will be...

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Ooh... I'm super pumped about this. I haven't been able to play A2 in several months. It seems as though I may need to come back for a bit though. ;) I probably couldn't bee much help on the technical end, but I'm willing to help organize things as needed, or brainstorm mission ideas if you want them.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                        "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

We talking Alpha or Bravo servers here?

Also, interested, hell yeah! Just need to L2P ArmA before then.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

would be on bravo ace adds way too many features to leave it off and trying to organise such a large event with out ACRE would be mind exploding

Comment

I'll try to get ACE running etc. Happy to do voice acting or whatever if someone needs female 'NPC's. No idea how I get ACE to work, though.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X