Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too Much ArmA When...

"You Know You Play Too Much ArmA When..."

What have you done that no normal or non-ArmA playing person would do because of your time playing ArmA? I'll try to record the answers. PR:ArmA counts too. Previous Thread.

You know you play too much ArmA when...
    ... you shout out to your squad that you can hear a chopper, mashing Z to hit the deck. After spinning your character around a few times, you realise it's a chopper in real life.
    ... you start looking for ladders on the sides of buildings and sniping points.
    ... you view all stairwells as potential ambush sites.
    Last edited by Athanasa; 11-29-2011, 03:23 AM.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Re: Too Much ArmA When...

So, I'll post the first one, then edit into the main post (trying to keep track of them). Might dig up some of the other sillies from the last thread that died a while back (if I can find it).

... you shout out to your squad that you can hear a chopper, mashing Z to hit the deck. After spinning your character around a few times, you realise it's a chopper in real life.
    ... you start looking for ladders on the sides of buildings and sniping points.
    ... you view all stairwells as potential ambush sites.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

here's mine:

You're pinky finger subconsciously extends for the PTT button, when your having an IRL conversation with someone.
      when you're on a road trip and you're constantly scanning the horizon for hostiles.
      when you're playing paintball/airsoft, and you think to yourself, "I wonder if there's CAS available for this mission... oh, wait."

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

I'll probably end up doing the second one of those soon enough. And scanning the base of every bush and tree.

Pepper

Comment

How about when you are feeling sluggish or crappy and start thinking a reboot or defrag would make you feel better.
          Last edited by SARGE; 12-01-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
            How about when you are feeling sluggish or crappy and start thinking a reboot or defrag would make you feel better.
            Just put your life on an SSD Sarge ;) Runs WAAAAAY better

You know you play too much ArmA when you play a round of BF3 and go to revive a team-mate while spamming the ACE Interaction button and then can't figure out why you aren't getting them back up...yeah...that was a fun "moment"

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

... You enjoy walking to work 10 miles away.
              ... You suspect every pile of trash and dumpster is a possible IED.
              ... You try to mow your lawn with night vision goggles.
              sigpic

Comment

When you carry a compass around with you everywhere you go.

Comment

When you're out walking, and climb a small rocky outcrop. It overlooks a path down the valley. You think, "This would make a nice sniping position. The rock has nice cover, too... Shame about all the trees, though." Then realise you're not a sniper.

Pepper

Comment

You know you've played too much arma when you're late for an interview because you spent 15 minutes at the trunk of your car making sure you have the exact brief case, pen and ink refills for the job.

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

You know you've played too much arma when...

You perform a pace count around your house.
                      You wish you had a friend to hold the line, while you flank around the mad shoppers to get your shopping and follow through.
                      You methodically map out mentally an ingress and egress and the most effective avenues of approaches at the local super market to save time.
                      You wish you had a recce unit to check ahead for traffic.
                      You wish you had an interaction key to key cuff the ill mannered kids in public transport.
                      You post in this thread.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

You play stalking games with your boy/girlfriend in a forest at night, and find yourself wishing you had a heat scope.

Pepper

Comment

Too much ArmA when...
                          ... You purposefully take a nap in the middle of the day to allow yourself to stay up to 4am playing ArmA with people in a different timezone.

Pepper

Comment

:D

Hopefully next time you stay up that late, you won't choose death over cake and be forced to sit at base waiting for a ride for 30, 40 minutes. That sucked :(

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                              Hopefully next time you stay up that late, you won't choose death over cake and be forced to sit at base waiting for a ride for 30, 40 minutes. That sucked
                              "Lemme alter my post-processing..."
                              |TG-IrrP| Pepper has been killed.
                              "Pepper, what happened?"
                              "FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-- Misclick."

... Know what's even worse? My crazy sleep pattern actually worked better than my usual one. I've been working almost solidly since 9:00am (it's now 3:00pm) and I don't feel tired. At all. Just a recap of my sleep pattern from yesterday...

19:30. Notice that Teamspeak is empty. Ask Python when people are due to be online - at about 11pm British time. Set alarm for 23:00, go to bed for a nap. Sleep. Wake up at 11pm, play ArmA until 4am. Go to sleep at 4:30 AM. Wake up at 7:00 AM, go to Uni... somehow function better than I would on a full night's sleep. Total sleep: 6 hours or so.

Great success.

Pepper

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X