Arma 2 OA 1.60 RC

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma 2 OA 1.60 RC

Arma 2 OA 1.60 Release Candidate (Arma 2 1.11 and Arma 2: BAF 1.03 updates are also included). Unless there is any major showstopper found, this Release Candidate will become final 1.60 release sometime next week. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=128298

So the question is...how long will Steam users have to wait?

Re: Arma 2 OA 1.60 RC

Are the servers going to wait for the final to update?

Comment

Hello ZAP44,

I'll get in touch with my fellow Admins and hash out any issues. Barring any issues related to the update.
      We will strive to update to the servers as timely possible.

LowSpeed

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

So if we want to play on the TG servers...do not update until told to do so.

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
          So if we want to play on the TG servers...do not update until told to do so.
          That is correct Chief.

We will make a separate post in our general ArmA thread when the update is applied.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Hope you wait till after Steam updates. I think there has been issues in the past after Steam users didn't wait and used the patch if I'm not mistaken. You and Unk probably know more about it than me. Thanks

Comment

... does that mean I might be able to run ACRE?
              JOYS!

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

You CAN use non steam patches for the steam version of the game. Ive done it with the last few patches. There is a potential for errors so if you are generally on the safe side of things you should probably not do that.
                sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Running the RC on the Steam versions IS NOT recommended by admin staff. We will be waiting for full release & waiting for the Steam release before we apply any updates to the Alpha or Bravo servers.
                  |TG-189th| Unkl
                  ArmA 3 Game Officer
                  Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                  189th Infantry Brigade Member
                  SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                  "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I have ARMA2 on steam, just did a rebuilt and havent re-installed it yet....should I? Is ARMA 2 active on TG (or do I need another version/map pack, etc?). I'd like to get in a play with some TG guys if that's what's going on...I played on the BF3 servers and they are so much different than the rest. (Not like BF2, because BF3 is really BFBC3...but whatever)

TIA

Comment

@Kevlar - If you reinstall & let Steam keep you up to date you will always be able to play on Alpha server. It is stock ArmA2: Combined Operations. Missions are downloaded from the game server & maps are only added to the Bravo server (which runs all the ACE & ACRE mods & our own map pack). But you don't have to worry about any of that with the Alpha server. You may need a hand getting the Combinded Operations to run properly. Check the stickies for the guide on getting it set up.
                      |TG-189th| Unkl
                      ArmA 3 Game Officer
                      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                      189th Infantry Brigade Member
                      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Welcome Kevlar, read up on what is needed for Arma2 on our servers in the Arma section of the Forums. We are running 2 servers in Combined Arms at the moment, and Project Reality is running PR:Arma also. You will find info for PR:Arma in the Project Reality area of the Forums.

Combined Arms is basically Arma2 and Operation Arrowhead joined together. We have Admins to help you with this.

Alpha server is Vanilla

Bravo Server is modded with ACE and ACRE mods. Which is supported thru Sixupdater. All info can be obtained on the Forums

PR:Arma server is running the PR mod and this is supported thru it's own set of Admins and Tech support.

Comment

Great! thanks for the direction! Which server is most used (most often populated?)? ....on my way: http://i.imgur.com/HI7v5.png

Comment

Originally posted by Kevlar2011 View Post
                            Great! thanks for the direction! Which server is most used (most often populated?)? ....on my way: http://i.imgur.com/HI7v5.png
                            Right now it seems Alpha is filling up most of the nights and then this switches to Bravo for awhile, but when the servers are seeded regularly, there is room for all.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X