Alpha Mods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Alpha Mods

This is where you get the mods you can use on Alpha.

CBA https://dev-heaven.net/projects/cca/files
    STHUD https://dev-heaven.net/projects/sthud/files
    STMOVEMENT http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=12540

Or you can follow the guide on our very own site. Check the "Everything You Need To Know" sticky for the "How To Get ArmA2: CO Installed" and see the easy instructions to get them from the Six Updater.

Sent thru the ether via Tapatalk.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Re: Alpha Mods

Don't need six if you don't go on Bravo :) BTW six says stmovement is not an updater mod...what's with that?

Comment

I believe that message means you haven't created a SU index for this mod yet. I don't know what term they use off the top of my head. You do however, refresh your server list, create an Alpha preset, choose the mods tab & select @sthud & @stmovement and "add to preset" (making sure you have the Alpha preset selected), then on each of those mods click "install or update installed mods". Took me about 1 minute.

Catch me on TS if you have trouble following the posted instructions.

Getting TG ArmA2 Combined Operations Installed

The old step of "converting to Six Updater" appears to be unnecessary since it has been removed from SU.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        ArmA 3 Game Officer
        Dean of Tactical Gamer University
        189th Infantry Brigade Member
        SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
        "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Maybe a brief description of the mods (usuable on Alpha) do would be in order?

And a follow question, maybe better for a separate thread:
          Are these the only mods usable on Alpha? I'd like to avoid players spawning AV-8Bs, nukes, etc., which tend cause the server to go belly up, which I've heard are the result of abusive mods.

I'm still trying to re-learn how mods work in Arma...
          sigpic
          [squadl][conduct]

Comment

Originally posted by Unk View Post
            Or you can follow the guide on our very own site. Check the "Everything You Need To Know" sticky for the "How To Get ArmA2: CO Installed" and see the easy instructions to get them from the Six Updater.

Sent thru the ether via Tapatalk.

I hate to say it..but that thread is a disaster. It puts the meaning in "wall of text". Its nice that at the top its broken down into sections...but you can only read a wall of text for so long before you give up and just ask someone for help or say "to hell with it" all together. Its all very informative, detailed and well written...but just because I have sleep issues, I copied all the text and put it into a word file. Its 8000+ words... My law semester paper wasnt even that long and this isnt even a game manual..its a "how to get the game working on our servers even before you play" manual!

Thank god I didnt have to read all this stuff when i started ARMA here..
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Blastcore Visuals works with Alpha too.

Originally posted by gijoe View Post
              I hate to say it..but that thread is a disaster. It puts the meaning in "wall of text". Its nice that at the top its broken down into sections...but you can only read a wall of text for so long before you give up and just ask someone for help or say "to hell with it" all together. Its all very informative, detailed and well written...but just because I have sleep issues, I copied all the text and put it into a word file. Its 8000+ words... My law semester paper wasnt even that long and this isnt even a game manual..its a "how to get the game working on our servers even before you play" manual!
              Could write up a step-by-step one on a seperate webpage. Like... broken up into sections, with links at the bottom to click "next" when you've completed the step on the page, or something. I'd volunteer, but my coding is probably a little rusty, and I don't actually have access to anywhere to host stuff like that - could write it up as pure .html in text docs on my computer, but that'd just be on my computer.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

To be honest , I found it overwhelming as well when I had to go through it and I ended up skipping most parts, maybe a smaller version of it ? I realise how much work it has gone into it but maybe a faster manual with the basics and a link to the long one would be better ?
                - - -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                X