Would there be any interest....

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would there be any interest....

in a fixed wing flight course as it relates to CAS and basic operations?

so basically focus on how to better fly the ungainly things called airplanes in the infantry sim we call arma lol

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: Would there be any interest....

Yes please...big time...I need help with getting off the ground, getting lined up on target, and chewing gum while talking too if you can. I really need a once over on weapons systems & such...I'm get clueless when I see a few abreviations making referance to model numbers..."is that a bomb?, a missle?, need a lock?, bah...where's the eject!"
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Yah that sounds like a great idea. We could use a good Flight Instructor to teach everyone to fly....it would be a great asset on missions when pilots are in short supply!
      sigpic
      It's always gone....

Comment

I would love that but to be honest I am pretty PRETTY bad at flying :P I have tried it a couple times but I always ended up crashing before I even got in the air.
        - - -

Comment

I would recommend that everyone who attends have a joystick of some kind..the one i use was 15 bucks at walmart and it has a throttle 6 buttons and an 8 way hat.

I wont exclude people who dont have a joystick but to be honest youll be kind of at a disadvantage IMO and I have no clue how to fly with a mouse as i have never done it.

B

Comment

I would definitely be interested, I like flying on SP but I'm to scared to take to the skies in any sort of important position. ;)

Comment

okie dokie I think there is enough interest..Ill get something set up

Comment

I would be very interested also. There are so many odd quirks (like not using flaps on C-130 when taking off because it actually will lengthen the roll out necessary to take off if you use them), I'm sure there are plenty of others I really should learn about. Basics like lining up for a strafing run would be nice, since I always end up having to wag my rudders to get any rounds on target.
                Any info on CAS/Interdiction and on the C-130 would be much appreciated.
                sigpic
                [squadl][conduct]

Comment

If you use mando systems Id definitely be interested...until then I will pass.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

until mando is part of the TG package i dont think it makes much sense to do it but i may do some testing and well see

Comment

Thats what i was hinting at :D Besides the fact of having to put the work in to include it in TGs mods, there really is no reason to not have it. It is amazing
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Yeah, joe always raves about that thing. Sounds pretty good. Admins, please consider adding it to bravo :)

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

So what do you guys want to see in this course?

Comment

How to take off. How to land. How to do the part in between. Aerial navigation.
                            Threat detection/evasion. Air to air combat.
                            Ground target selection. Engaging ground targets with cannon/rockets/missiles/bombs.
                            Working with FAC/JTAC to receive priority targets.
                            The lifecycle of a sortie. On station time. Rearm, refuel, repair.

You asked ;)

[Spartan 9]

Comment

I would be interested. I can fly a fixed wing fairly good and landing is not an issue. I am mainly interested in how to work with a FAC/JTAC and the standard SOP for engaging enemy combatants in close proximity to friendly units.
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X