Being a noob is a love/hate relationship

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Being a noob is a love/hate relationship

hey there, another noob here to arma2, bought it a week ago, after i had been playin Take on Helicopters for a few weeks. I learned that it used the ArmA engine and that brought me back to the ArmA 1 days.
    i played ArmA 1 only a little but didnt get that into it. Now that im Playing 2... WOW ive never been so hooked on and into a game/sim before.

Im dying to learn more! being a noob sucks when you see all the stuff that can be done with this software... but its amazing all at the same time.

Any advice for joining a good group that has good training? interested in co-op and pvp, whatever i just want to dive in. also.. im old, 35, mature (sort of). Serious but not too serious.

Re: Being a noob is a love/hate relationship

you found a good place, join us on Alpa server its a good place to see how we play, read all the sops in our forum and join us in Teamspeak with any questions. Hope to see you in the field soon.

Comment

Welcome to Tactical Gamer. First off hop on our TS and you will find players willing to help you out even if the admins are currently assigned to RL tasks. There is a steep learning curve for sure.

Here is the link for getting set up for the TeamSpeak server

Here is the link for getting signed up for this weeks Tactical Gamer University (TGU) course for an introduction to ACE/ACRE and Basic Infantry.

Seems like you came along at the right time! See you in the field Mr.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

As people already said, you have found the right place. Welcome to TG and cant wait to get some trigger time with you.

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Welcome :) I hope to see you on the servers soon :)
          - - -

Comment

Tactical Gamer is the best community I've found for Arma. There is a tremendous amount of info available here, from tactics and training in Tactical Gamer University, cool Youtube videos along with the forums you've already found (check the stickies!).

I'd suggest checking out Alpha, the non-mod server and get your feet wet, and if you find yourself hungry for more, look into ACE and Bravo!
            sigpic
            [squadl][conduct]

Comment

Welcome to TG man. I feel sorry for your social life because it just died now that you found us :D. Trust me, been here for almost 5 years now and I cant seem to get away
              sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

What the other people said. Yupyup.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Welcome to TG. How lucky you are. A couple of weeks and you have found TG. I found the place 7 years ago and I always come back for all the games I play. Especially Arma has got me hooked. Alpha will be a nice place to start and learn the basics under some of our leaders. After that you can sink deeper into your addiction with our Bravo server for ultra realism, and our PR server server also offers unparalleled PVP experience.

Comment

Welcome to TG and glad to have found another "mature (sort of)" person. :)

I'm sure you will enjoy your stay and as others have said, join us in the TeamSpeak channel and ask around for help.

Also don't forget to read our Primer (in my signature). It is what we strive for and maintain.

Any questions, do not hesitate to ask.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Hey Unk nother Canuck, he lives right above me. He can bribe you with Cdn Tire money!

Comment

Originally posted by ChiefBoatsRet View Post
                        Hey Unk nother Canuck, he lives right above me. He can bribe you with Cdn Tire money!
                        Seattle EH? thats awesome.. ive got some friends liv'n down there from Van. the two cities are so alike.. yet so different.

Anyway wow! wasnt expecting such a warm welcome from everybody. this is good. yeah it can look a little overwhelming and intimidating at times.. everybody sounds like they know about 99.932 percent more than i do lol
                        but hey.. i will spend more time reading stickys and watching videos at first than i will playing.
                        Im tryin to struggle my way through the campaign right now (gettn used to all the glitchiness) and im learning alot from it. Thanks everybody lookn forward to some multiplayer.

Comment

Yeah Vancouver!! Seattles not bad Chief... anyway, my last post didnt seem to show up but thanks for the warm welcome! its great so far.. already been on TS and Alpha. cant wait to learn more and get some of the main MODS like ACRE and ACE going. gonna need help with that.. so i dont mess it all up :)

Comment

It was good having you in game :) just get all comfy in ALPHA and we will have you set up for Bravo in no time (well ok , I admit, it is not the easiest thing to do, but there are always people around to help) If you need anything then PM or poke on TS :)
                            - - -

Comment

Yeah when i get this pumped about something.. i usually learn pretty quick. we'll see!!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X