Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACRE install problems

Hi all,

My friends having trouble with ACRE and JayArma2Lib and wondered if any of you guys are able to help, its all instaled and updated via six updater and TS is latest 3.03 version and all correct in the mod line.

Now when he loads up the game he gets that annoying beeping all the time saying dsound.dll not connected or some error so all does not work.

Thats my problem as he cant be arsed to sort it out so is lossing will to and i just no he will love the bravo server with you guys so im keen to help,

Things tried so far;

Complete removal of mod folders acre and jay2lib and reinstall via six, still same prob,
    reinstall dssound.dll 64bit, still the same beeping none connetion issue,

Any ideas??

Regards
    Dave..

Re: ACRE install problems

Is he running the beta? is he launching through a bat file? or six updater? I had the same problem with .bat files but I was able to fix it. Let me know
    - - -

Comment

all his doing is running his game from a desktop short cut, his arma is retail not steam, just thought to ask him if running admin will sort it but doubt it as i just do the same and all is good.

Comment

if that shortcut is a .bat file then the problem is that he is not loading the beta patch file , he will have to alter the mod line
        - - -

Comment

what does he need to alter if thats the case? thanks for helping.

Comment

I changed mine to be this

"C:\Program Files\Bohemia Interactive\ArmA 2\Expansion\beta\Arma2OA.exe" -nosplash -emptyworld -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion [email protected];@rest_of_mods

Make sure he also changed the path to the game
            - - -

Comment

ok thanks iv sent and told him what to do, hopefully will do the trick

Comment

try and so far still beeping his going to go over it all tomorrrow thanks ill get back.

Comment

ok, I cannot think of something else, he can also try copying the dll inside the beta folder if it is not already
                  - - -

Comment

Dave there is a different JayArmalib just for the beta. Have him open Six, ck the box at the top for beta and you will notice in your Bravo preset the different file of Jayarmalib. This might be his problem. Then do the usual updater actions of install or update if any of the files for beta, acre, and jayarmalib are yellow. Then have him create an icon using six as the launcher, and making sure the beta box is checked.

The new file for the beta is titled Jayarma2lib_new .

Comment

I thought he already updated all that Sarge :row__643:
                      - - -

Comment

His comment and statements didn't indicate anything about beta usage. He didn't answer your post. Besides, 3rd party tech support is iffy at best. His friend needs to get on TS and allow the admins to walk him through what needs to be done to correct anything.

Comment

@Sarge - good points

If you are not launching through Six Updater for Bravo at this point you are asking for headaches IMNSHO.

As is posted elsewhere...make sure you open SU....like by clicking on this:

sixupdater://six.tacticalgamer.com/bravo/tgbravo.yml

Then click on the "Game Profile" tab and be sure the Beta box is checked. Then reselect the Bravo preset in the left pane...wait for it to reload (notice the jayarma2lib_new)...then launch game.

If you still have problems, get me on TS or another admin.
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer
                          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                          189th Infantry Brigade Member
                          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

ok as far as i no his not running a beta? just lastest 1.60 release updated via tg bravo profile on six updater, ill jump on ts with him tomorrow night hopefully and try to sort this out.

again thanks for helping time for an hour on bravo if anyones on.

Comment

Originally posted by Unk View Post
                              If you are not launching through Six Updater for Bravo at this point you are asking for headaches IMNSHO.
                              When I started reading about batch files and all the other stuff in the thread, I was asking myself, why isn't he just launching from six updater? I think I just found my new signature.
                              sigpic
                              [squadl][conduct]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...