Installers and Mods Q's

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Installers and Mods Q's

I think its probably early for me to be doing it... considering ive only had A2 for about 3 weeks. but hearing about ACE2 and six installer, ACRE and so on.. sounds kind of exiting. so i did some reading, downloaded and installed six installer, downloaded ACRE,
    also have the ARMA2 installer installed. Now to be honest, i have no clue what im doing with those yet but im gettn there. Im obviously sticking to alpha for now anyhow but i still want to get to know how this all works.

lots of questions, but ill start out with: what should i do first!! theres a good post on the forum that explains alot of how to do this stuff but i thought posting would get a good conversation going.

Re: Installers and Mods Q's

Best thing would be to hop in to TS and get someone to guide you through it :) and if you have it set up today then sign up for the ace acre familiarisation course tonight to get a taste of what it does :)
    - - -

Comment

If you can catch Sarge, he is our resident Six guru. I know enough to be dangerous.

Comment

yeah that sounds like the best way. ill jump on ts tonite later to see if i can catch someone. as long as its easy to still jump on alpha etc.

Comment

STHud and STMovement are two things you might want to check out for Alpha. STMovement will keep you from getting hung up in doorways and annoying things like your weapon disappearing, and STHud will give a nice compass with a GUI for your team's location and listing of team members and loadout (MG/AR, Leader, Rifleman).
          You can grab them via Six Updater under the mods tab, then once installed, used Arma Launcher to load CBA (to enable mods), STHud and STMovement.
          sigpic
          [squadl][conduct]

Comment

You can also make a preset for the Alpha server in Sixupdater. Go to the Mods tab, scroll down to see the above mentioned mods, then using updater actions, you can add them to preset. Create an icon for the Alpha server to launch and you will be all set to go.

When you get the preset for Alpha, you will see @CBA is already on the server. You can then add client side mods for visuals and sounds.

P.S. Just a short note, to launch the Alpha server, using Sixupdater, the Beta box in game profile, located near top of SU, must be unchecked.

Comment

ok thanks.. just from the last 2 posts its all making more sense now. how everything works together. so basically i can mod the crap out of the game.. make presets and so on.. launch with the launcher.

and if i just launch the game the normal way its still vanilla. But im still gonna ask someone on TS to possibly guide me through some of it. Ill be on alpha more this week, gonna have more time.

Comment

So i added the two mods you mentioned for alpha. it automatically loads up CBA first. are these 3 mods really ok for alpha?? also i ran it in single player and seems to mess up some stuff a bit. i have nothing on screen in first person view. tonite im gonna figure out how to set up six updater to launch me to the right server. never tried it before. I have tried the game single player with the six installed.. ace is rad! this just gets more awesome as the days go by!

Comment

ACE is not okay for Alpha; it will cause major problems for the server. So please always disable ACE before hopping on Alpha.

STMovement and STHud are definitely good to go on Alpha. CBA on Alpha was out of date, but Unkl updated it today (09FEB2012) and it should be current now (Thanks Unkl!).

STHud should change your HUD, adding a compass with indicators where your squad are (with ranging circles) and squad member loadout at the bottom center of the screen. It is designed to give you some of that situational awareness you lose while in game.

I also run JSRS sound mod, which is much better than the default sounds.
                  sigpic
                  [squadl][conduct]

Comment

yeah.. no i wouldnt try ace on alpha, i meant i was just messn around with it by myself.... now im adding those 2 or 3 mods to the alpha preset. just having probs with gettn it to launch with the server. also what is serverside? updater put that in there too. its black in the list. I know... ill get help on TS too im just experimenting a little bit without screwing up anything lol.

Comment

sweet.. got it figured out. i have a shortcut to launch to alpha, with STHud and STMovement, plus JSRS. Six Updater is crazy amazing.

Comment

If you find out, let me know. I ended up using Arma Launcher for mods + Vanilla since Six Updater was being unfriendly. I use Six for joining Bravo and keeping stuff up to date.
                        sigpic
                        [squadl][conduct]

Comment

Ok.. I have Arma Launcher as well but need to learn how to use that too. learning all this stuff is half the fun lol

Comment

arma2 launcher is not loading my mods, they are checked, it shows in menu in game, but no hud/nothing on screen. it all works on SU

Comment

for me arma2 launcher was a little bit difficult to use I do prefer six to that. If you want to use it you will need to find someone on TS as there are a few tricks you need to know to succesfully load what you want ( I think you need to make two groups of addons to launch or something like that) If SU is working for you then use that :) I have JSRS in it as well so it will update when there is something out as well
                              - - -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X