Anthem Song of TG Arma

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthem Song of TG Arma

I feel an anthemic post about to burst out...I do this every once in a while...you need 4 chords, 1 of them is minor...put that behind you and set the tempo for 120 and read on...

We have another resurgence of Arma happening and it's in stage 1. We are about to kick it into stage 2 but we are not there yet.

Alpha is got a regular player base & the difficult work of herding the new players into groups who are looking for good teamwork into groups and filtering the ones that aren't out has been going great for months now. Special mention to this effort goes out to Bub, Zap & Bad Blood. There are many others but these 3 have consistently manned the front lines for us here & deserve our recognition.

Bravo has seen a high player count now for at least a month almost every night. As players are coming back for ACE/ACRE action. Personally I have missed this action and those of you that know me well know this is not my first choice athough dedicating my playing time to Alpha has been an initative of my own entirely.

A lot of you have been putting in selfless hours of work to build this player base and guide the new folks, recognize the potential in them & start to rebuild the leadership that can take this game to the next stage.

That brings me to the resurgence of the Pathfinders. We have just taken on a few new members and reactivated the Pathfinder program.

For those of you who are unaware, the Pathfinders are chosen from those who exude the essence of Tactical Gamer & who understand that leadership is key to building the tactical experience that we are here to provide at this site and on our servers.

The entire admin team is really happy that you all are here and are requesting your feedback either on the forums or the CAA threads. Now lets get ready for the next stage...

We are about to start 2 multi mission missions on Bravo...are preparing an event for Alpha...and have more suprises that are just to good to let out of the bag yet...sorry not trying to be cryptic but I feel like this should be known & we will annouce things as soon as is prudent so we can have your feedback too.

We have a great response from the poll on the possible inculsion of custom maps for Alpha server. This is in the final stage of discussion at the admin level. It is not a simple decision to make as there are scenarios and outcomes to consider that are outside of the questions of Alpha being a Vanilla door of entry to TG Arma. The admin team has reserved the decision on these grounds and is very grateful for the inciteful feedback from you all.

As we move forward, it is important that we recognize that with new growth in player base we must understand the challenges. Growing fast comes with growing pains. That is why there will be bumps and challenges. Some of the new folks may have some catching up to do & some of us older TG'ers may have some briefing to do. Some of us older TG'ers may have some patience building to do and I mean myself included.

However, we all have the primer to focus on. This is the niche idea that drew us all here. We can play as adults, and budding adults, in one place, further teamwork & tolerant behavior away from the deathmatch obsessed, troll haven universe that prosides throughout the rest of the gaming internet.

When those bumps and challenges bump you in the face...give the admins a heads up in the CAA thread. Trust our discretion and we will do all we can to keep it. We want to help everyone find their place here. Some won't make it, but most are here because we know how rare it is. There are many more looking for this and you can bet we will continue to seek 'em out as much as they are looking for here.

Thanks to each of you for your patience and efforts in contributing to the growth of this fine group. Just don't wait till you see what we do next...get in there & get shooting along.

/end epicness & signal Canadianess to take back over, I have to go and shrug somewhere
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Anthem Song of TG Arma

Pretty much describes my opinion over the last few weeks

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Good one, Eh.

Comment

Any maple syrup with that +1
        sigpic

Former Pathfinder
        Former ARMA Admin
        Former ARMA TGU instructor
        Former TGU Headmaster
        Current Noob
        Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

A bit on the "wall of text" side but nicely done Unk. And stop brining Canadian stereo types into this thread ya hosers!
          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Fish 'n' chips, anyone?

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Hats off, Salute, All Bells ringing, All Horns sounding off to Unkl, Dredge, Lowspeed, and the other Admins for Arma2 @ TG that are working behind the scenes for this resurgence on the Arma2 Servers @ TG. Badblood,Zapp, Chief,and Bub have been outstanding in there keeping the Alpha server cool, calm, and organized. It only goes to prove to us that Good People produce Good Fruit. The Harvest looks good.
              Last edited by SARGE; 02-03-2012, 09:33 AM.

Comment

I cant be more happy when I see both servers filled from the hard work of Chief, Zapp, and the rest of the gang!! Keep up the great work. It is because of you guys that new blood is learning the TG way. You guys are great teachers of the primer!!

"TG Leads The Way"

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I appreciate your leadership skills and willingness to expand on that dimension.

I'm interested in the Pathfinders, but will have to figure out what I have to do to be included.

This game allows us a unique opportunity to get our fix in a safe and progressive manner. Whether the players are military or not has not mattered during gameplay, times of cohesiveness, and action. Your average TG ARMA player wants to be included and depended upon in a team scenario. The "Fix" for me, is when I realize that this group of men and women who I'm either commanding or following, has the same mindset that I do. We all want to have fun and do it cooperatively. Add to that an uncannily realistic simulator and we have a condusive environment for fun and action.

Lie to me and tell me you've never had an adrenaline rush during a large TG mission. And if you haven't, then I encourage you to join us during the planned missions.

It's also important to recognize that these missions, environments, and opportunites would not be as readily available and fun, if it wasn't for our own Admins.

Though my respect toward them is unveiled during these kinds of threads, in my mind, I have a standing salute in their direction.

-Friendly Regards to members and hopefuls.

SemperTG

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I read the thread title and kinda expected / wanted to see Unk on a Youtube video wearing camo and playing a song on guitar about TG ARMA . I am disappoint.
                    ;)

All jokes aside, good post and great work by the admin team and community at large breathing some fresh life into the title, jolly good show gentlemen!
                    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                      ....I'm interested in the Pathfinders, but will have to figure out what I have to do to be included......
                      I am glad that you asked this question. Prepare for long winded explanation.....

When the PathFinders were envisioned, it was a way of recognizing leadership. In the past we would normally recognize the true leaders by making them Admins if they were Supporting Members. But in all fairness, being a Supporting member does not necessarily make you a good leader. So the PathFinders are the way to recognize everyone, regardless of status.

Pathfinders are the guys who take charge and do the right thing in the absence of any other leader. Pathfinders are the ones to step up and take control of a mess on the server and lead the mission to success. I have seen it start to happen, which makes us all proud. You all are capable of being “that guy” that can time and time again make the game so much more by simply stepping up and leading. Pathfinders connect to a game and see if anyone is in charge, if not, they step up and take control of the situation. Hopefully you see the admin team doing that all the time. We get on ask who is in charge and of course support them. If no one says anything we step up and do it. Trust me the majority of the gamers will appreciate it in the end having a leader step up.

Pathfinders are also the eyes and ears of the Admin team. The team is kinda small, so they cannot be in game all the time. But between the PFs and the admins there is really good coverage.

Another expectation Pathfinders have is to participate in forum conversations. The forums are part of the game and a lot of gamers get information there, people like to hear what we have to say and that is the perfect place.

Lastly. This is unpleasant to say, as much as it will be to enforce but a Pathfinder position here at TG is not permanent. You were voted in based on your abilities that you have proven around ArmA. If at anytime you embarrass the PathFinders, TG or yourself, there will be a case made to have you removed. As in voting you in, we will also vote to remove you with equal weight put on what everyone says. Do not go out and get some ego complex thinking you are above the rules, you will be punished by your peers harshly and removed from this group.
                      I hope this helps a little about who and what the Pathfinders are! Please post anymore questions that you have!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Trouble with naming names when handing out at-a-boys is someone always gets forgotten. Warfairy and Sarge deserve mentioning as they certainly put in more than their fair share of time in an effort to keep the server active.

Comment

@Zap - there are many more people that deserve recognition for sure. But its still the 3 of you there hour after hour & day after day and was so for a long time through that first month before it began to catch back on. I mean that part.

Sent thru the ether via Tapatalk.
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer
                          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                          189th Infantry Brigade Member
                          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Thank you Unk…but your persistence at admining, reviewing and adding missions to the server, as well as even making missions, youtube vids etc has been the catalyst for this renewed interest by me and I’m sure others as well. We just share your vision.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I will continue doing what I am doing and if my style of play is recognized, maybe I will be asked to join.

I like knowing it's selective and not something one can merely join.

Semper TG.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X