No announcement yet.

Arma Tactical Gamer Midwest Paintball?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arma Tactical Gamer Midwest Paintball?

So I'm a hopeless paintball addict and I am wondering if there are any other Arma players in the midwest who would like to get together for a weekend at a field somewhere for a TG inspired noob slaughter? (Although sometimes it is the other way around lol)

I live in Minneapolis and know of many fields around the Midwest that we can occupy, those the best are in Illinois, Wisconsin, and Minnesota(In my limited opinion)

And by 'field' I mean Paintball themed scenarios at paintball arena's/woodsball courses.

Anyone else interested in planning an event? Maybe a national event even?

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Arma Tactical Gamer Midwest Paintball?

I know that I have always wanted to get into woodsball. Im a sucker for the replica paint ball markers (RAP-4 I think there called) as well as the gas blow back airsoft guns as well.

Im down south but I would defiantly dig this...Kinda like the TG bar-b-q that was held in Texas!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

I have an HK TM-7 from BT :D

The selector gives me single, three round(Up to nine if I configure it) and full-auto-ramp-up.

GET INTO IT JACK!

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'm always up for a good paint slinging. I'm in Illinois by the way. I mainly play at Badlandz, CPX Sports, and Fox Paintball.

My main is a Tippmann Project Salvo with APEX barrel, response trigger, and upgraded Cyclone feeder.

I am also starting to get into airsoft.
        sigpic

Comment

I remember Fox River Games! They have excellent woodsball courses!
          I am also starting to get into airsoft.[/QUOTE]

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Had you posted this a year ago id have been down. Me and a few friends were huge into paintball. Both woods and speed/NPPL style. I used to have a BT-4 with about a million different parts. Electronic grip, apex barrel, 21" sniper barrel w/bipod, ACOG sight, 8x scope w/lighted sights, foregrips, laser/flashlight combo. I had close to 2000 into that beast. Then i went and bought a Boblong Marq7 and dumped another grand into that aswell. Me and my buddies had a small team goin and we laid waste to mad amounts of noobs. Only reason we quit was because it got to a point where it was too expensive. Especially on speeball weekends when wed burn 3 cases of paint a day and at $40 a case...added up.

So like I said, had you suggested this a year ago...and being in Manitoba, Minneapolis isnt that far of a drive.
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I'm not a fan of speedball anymore. I see it as a real life game of Unreal Tournament.

I will use maybe two cases between an 8 hour session/per day in woodsball.

Do you still have your Gear Joe? Maybe if enough people get interested?

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I would love to do this but im in europe lol. I was a serious paintball player up to 2 years ago. Me and my team have won tournaments and gotten tons of trophies and medals in places like bogota, caracas, ecuador, brasil, the states.

I am also a paintball addict playing mostly speedball. We do have an annual woodsball event every 26th of dec.

If this happens hope you all have fun!

Comment

Originally posted by Dimitrius View Post
                  Do you still have your Gear Joe? Maybe if enough people get interested?
                  Nope, sold it all for a pretty penny.
                  sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Comment

I understand the basic difference between airsoft vs paintball (ammunition is different) but what else is really that different from the two? Does one hurt more than the other?

-ps

found out that airsoft has small paint pellets similar to paintballs!!!

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

As far as pain goes, paintball definitely hurts alot more. Look at it this way, airsoft its like a really sharp quick pain (most guys run like 400FPS cause they are jerks!) and paintball is like a really big impact that sometimes leaves a really nice welt where it hit you. So paintballs definitely hurt more.

I got shot in the throat, right where my jugular is...my neck bled like a siv. I was pretty freaked out about it. I had to go home and pick piece of paintball shell out of my neck for an hour because it hit me in soft skin. That was 3 years ago, i STILL have a really noticeable scar on my neck in the perfect shape of a paintball. It actually hurt more then getting shot in the arse by a pellet gun hahaha
                      sigpic

Comment

Well, on the note of speed of the round for Airsoft, wouldn't you need a higher speed when playing outdoors, as that would increase the range and accuracy. I understand in-doors where engagement ranges are less than 20ft on average would be a lot better to have maybe around 300FPS or so. I'm nto arguing that 400FPS doesn't hurt (I was shot by my old rifle, I think its muzzle velocity was around 525FPS. It was a UTG L96 with an upgraded spring so.)
                        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Yeah, Paintball does hurt, but I have learned how to play and protect your... your bits and pieces(Your neck, knees, elbows, and, well, and your rocks) Had more than a few welts too, but I just LOVE the rush. I got started in speedball, had a tipperman custom, went through paint like a gardenhose goes through water, but then, instead of getting out of it, I decided to do what most hard core speedballers look down upon. I went into the woods and started organizing those who would listen. Mostly, there are only a handful who want to "squad" up, but man is it FUN!

"I HAVE HIM SUPRESSED! MOVE UP!"

"HE'S FIRING ON ME! MOVE UP!"

I love all the stuff you end up saying. Communication is key!

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

<---- got shot in the neck before too from about 15 feet - Yea that absolutely makes you reassess your life.... lol. I'm no longer into it either though.
                            Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                            A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Huh, my wife got shot in the neck from like 6ft away, some prick just trotted around her cover on her blind side and popped her twice at really close range. It broke the skin, and hurt, but wasn't particularly scary or anything. That was with rented gear in some field somewhere south of london.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X