Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have an A2OA launcher suggestion?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have an A2OA launcher suggestion?

So I've been using Sprited Machine's ArmA 2 launcher, and it has occasional .NET framework errors that halts the program, and the server browser is buggy...anyone know of a launcher that is all encompassing, error free, and regularly updated?

Sixupdater????
    sigpic

Former Pathfinder
    Former ARMA Admin
    Former ARMA TGU instructor
    Former TGU Headmaster
    Current Noob
    Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Re: Anyone have an A2OA launcher suggestion?

With Sixupdater, you can keep everything organized in one loacation. The only drawback, from other launchers, that I can see, is the loading time to get into the game. Some are using Sixupdater to just keep the mods up to date, which is fine, then launching Arma2 their favorite way. This is ok, and is a good plan. I settled with setting up my Sixupdater to do it all for me.

I have a preset for the modded server, Bravo, which is running the ACE mods and the ACRE mod. I also have a preset for the Vanilla server, Alpha. When any of the mods for any of my presets need to be updated or an update is available, Sixupdater alerts me with the Yellow tile showing up, and the Green tile lets me know everything else is up to date.

I was also able to create Icon's for each server Alpha, Bravo, and Charlie( just in case I was available for testing). When clicking any of the Icon's, first Sixupdate starts up( one minute to initialize), ck's update statis of server listed mods, then starts any apps you have chosen to run ( Fraps, TrackIR etc), starts game, and then Six shuts down, and now you going into loading screen of Arma.

Sixupdate comes with server browser, mods list and a blog area to keep upto date with any Sixupdater related updates and to post request for new mods.

What ever works for you is fine, I settled to only use Six for all related Arma2 entities.

The best way to find what will best work for you is to try it out. Hop on TS and find someone who can set you up with any of the ways to launch Arma. Some say just SIX, others will say Saints ARma launcher, but only after you have tried them all will you beable to make a good choice for you and your needs. They all have their pro's and con's, nothing is perfect.

Comment

Ive never had a problem with A2OA launcher. I use six to get the mods but use the launcher with some of the mods allowed on Alpha as well as beta patches and everything works fine. Mods I can't use on Alpha are unchecked and I assume would work on Bravo if I checked them.

Comment

I use desktop shortcuts, I have 4 different ones I can start with a single click instead of going through the 5min six updater start up. It is the oldest, quickest, simplest, and best way to launch.

Comment

Originally posted by tralicrifleman View Post
            I use desktop shortcuts, I have 4 different ones I can start with a single click instead of going through the 5min six updater start up. It is the oldest, quickest, simplest, and best way to launch.
            That is the method that I use personally. But it is down to personal tastes.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X