Poll: What map do you want for Alpha?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll: What map do you want for Alpha?

We are getting ready to host a custom map for Alpha. As was stated before, the purpose of the map is to help in moving players from a seeder mission like Domination to a more tactical mission with some spice and variety. Then move return to the stock maps and the seeder missions. There will be a process posted on the use of the map but first lets look at the options!

Behind door number one is:

Isola di Capraia

Download Link

From Armaholic:
    It became Genoese in 1527 and was strongly fortified.
    In 1796 it was occupied for a short time by Horatio Nelson.
    Part of the island was formerly occupied by an agricultural penal colony, but it was shut down in 1986.
    Most of the island has been made into a national park.

"Most of the island has been made into a national park."
    That is what they want us to believe, but the truth...

Map size : 10x10 km
    Isola di Capraļa : 8x4 km
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

On the other side of door number two we have:

Emita City

Download Link

From Armaholic:
    Description:
    Emita City is a 5x5km island.

It contains a city that is approximatly twice the size of Zargabad. The city is surrounded by a long coast to the north and flat agricultural areas to the south. In the middle of the map there is a small civilian airfield.
    __________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _

And look here at door number three:

Celle

Download Link

From Armaholic:
    Description:
    Based on the area around the town of Celle, Lower saxony, this "island" covers 250sqkm of real terrain compressed into 100sqkm ingame, thus resulting in a rough 1:5 scale.

This piece of map features two nearly ICAO approveable Airports with proper signage and new Airport-buildings, such as huge hangers. Besides that there is a terrain with rolling hills, open spaces and somewhat around 35 towns. All set in a Luneburg Heath style. Steelbeasts-fans are going to love this one.

Features:

100km² real terrain
    Authentic Celle City
    Detailed Villages
    Many Custom buildings/objects
    Two airports, ICAO approved
    Bergen-Hohne Military Training Area
    Check them out and have your say.
    Attached Files
    Isola di Capraia
    13.33%
    Emita City
    66.67%
    Celle
    20.00%
    None of the above
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

|TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Re: Poll: What map do you want for Alpha?

Played on Celle, nice map.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

I'm a big supporter of Emita City. It is a small download and has a lot of great enterable buildings. This is a great MOUT map and a mission makers gold mine. There is a tunnel, a castle, so many interesting landmarks that just make mission ideas spring to mind effortlessly. It looks great and has some really nice approaches from the south through some rural areas. There is even a fantastic stadium which will be great for a TVT scenario. I flew a helo into it at night with the stadium lights on & it looks perfect.

On another front, the file size is small which is great for asking players to download it off our site. No long waits, just quick download & play.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      ArmA 3 Game Officer
      Dean of Tactical Gamer University
      189th Infantry Brigade Member
      SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
      "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Gah, wish it would let me change my votes!

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Isola di Capraia looks most well done.
          Emita city feels like the most suited for the quick "have-a-sniff"-purpose
          Celle is onlu viable with ACRE in my mind.

Emita it is.
          |
          | |

"Kirov is boss"
          CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

Emita City for my vote.

Comment

First one is the best looking, but tactically impractical.
              Second one is ugly, but I like the Stalingrad-like potential.
              I don't see any appeal in a gigantic flat fields map like the third one.
              sigpic
              [squadl][conduct]

Comment

I like emita city. Its a very large and diverse city. And it is perfect for some intense close quarters combat. And, while the land outside the city, is not the best looking, its not bad. It can still some purpose.

I also like Celle though. Its got a nice European woodland feel to it. It would be perfect for cold war style tank and infantry combat. And the villages/ cities are excellent.
                |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

I voted for Iso di capraia only because I know there is an Insurgency mission made for this map. Outside of that I have no clue what missions are made for these maps as I don't game on Bravo or anywhere else other than Alpha therefor no clue? If I was to pick maps from a larger selection of maps I’d probably picked Fallujah or Lingor or perhaps Tropica or pir_mana as they also have Insurgency. I’m not hard over at Insurgency but everyone seems to enjoy it once in awhile.

Comment

What about Isla Dula??? Is that island still out there?

"TG was created to cater to a VERY specific type of gamer rather than trying to appeal to the greater gaming population....Tactical Gamer is not mainstream. We are not trying to attract mainstream gamers" ~ Apophis

Comment

Originally posted by woof View Post
                      First one is the best looking, but tactically impractical.
                      Life wont always throw a soldier into a tactically practical theatre of war. Its impracticality appeals more to me because it would make things more difficult to fight at, thus more fun. I vote for Capraia.
                      sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

My votes for capraia. I think we need to keep it as quick and painless as possible for new players. Other than that. I'll fight anywhere. Just give me a gun and a radio.
                        sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                        Former ARMA Admin
                        Former ARMA TGU instructor
                        Former TGU Headmaster
                        Current Noob
                        Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

From the choices given I go for Emita, it is small and easy to download as well as different than Takistan and Chernarus. It also features (in my opinion anyway) less trees and forests which can cause the game to be slower to a lot of people (perhaps also a reason, public players prefer Takistan to Chernarus).
                          - - -

Comment

Hahaha pink....totally unnecessary, yet oddly pleasing color to read.

I think most people prefer Takistan to Chernarus because there seems to be less terrain glitches with AI. Trees are for sure a huge part of it, but for me anyways, thats the biggest issue with Chernarus. There have been times where all i can see of AI is their boots sticking out of the ground.
                            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I think it is pleasing as well :P

As for the glitches I agree, although to be honest every time I have played on Chernarus the AI seem smarter (they move way out of the AO, they have a lot more random patrols, they make a lot more effort to flank you etc) at least this is what I get.

There have also been comments from pub players that they dislike they amount of trees also because they cannot see anything so they get shot down faster (many times because they rush into it without looking at all).

Lastly , I think that enterable building will be fun, and different than all those huts and barns and whatever you call those Takistani thing (yes I actually do not know what they are called :P )
                              - - -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X