GO's Challenge

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GO's Challenge

I Dredge, your G.O. and fellow ArmA lover, am issuing a challenge to the players and mission makers of TG ArmA. The challenge consists of two words.....Ia Drang...

For those that have been here for a bit, you are all very familiar with Ia Drang and its long fire fights, danger close arty and seemingly endless waves of attacks while you are hunkered down low to the ground praying to the Game Gods to see you through the night. For those that are unfamiliar, Ia Drang is the mission that really put TG ArmA on the map. It was featured in PC Gamer (along with an amazing article about TG that brought me and several others here). It was a staple of server play, one could usually expect a weekly effort to try and beat it. To date, with the many many attempts it has only been "won" twice. (Once was yours truly as CO)

My challenge is simple. Lets remake Ia Drang. We can get the old mission file, that pretty much has all of the major leg work done. All you would need to do is update it and throw in some of the new systems we have like ACRE and an updated ACE Arty.

There will be something special in store for the person or persons involved in bringing this mission back to TG. Who is up to the task?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: GO's Challenge

Challenge accepted. To play, I mean. I can't make a thing.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

send me a link to the files im on it sir:)

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

I do not know the mission , and I have no idea about editing it.... But I could help with putting together loading screens or anything else needing photoshop etc. :)
        - - -

Comment

oh god...

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
            oh god...
            hehehe. Thats the exact reply I was expecting from the guys that have played it before :) I will be working closely with the Devs on this one so we can get it just right.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

is it a good oh God or bad oh God? :P
              - - -

Comment

Does PTSD ring a bell? Chief puts ''Runnin thru the Jungle" on his boom box, digs in his foot locker for his jungle boots, black beret and river rat greens... Bring it on!!!

Comment

@ WarFairy it depends who you ask. If its the NVA side it's a good "oh god" :)

Several people have been known to curl up into balls and cry in the corner once it's over. Myself included.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Here is video you will enjoy, it's based on the "We were Soldiers" movie which was the battle of la Drang. I am proud to say I served with the 1st AirCav 1967-1968. This battle took place 2 years before I was in country, but our in house mission makers can bring us there soon.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lB0jhKoBXvs
                    Last edited by SARGE; 02-23-2012, 02:23 PM.

Comment

THE most intense mission I have ever played, I was in the PC Gamer event and my palms were so sweaty during the event I had to grab a towel to not have it effect my flying..yes I was flying and thats how intense it was :P

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                      The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

I remember the first game I played at TG. It was Ia Drang, and somehow I managed to become the CO from the start. It was the worst/best 3 hours of my life. When it was over I had to step back and recollect myself.

So many players have amazing memories with Ia Drang, and that is my reason for bringing it back. I want our new players to see first hand what its like to actually fear for your digital life. Once complete I expect to see and hear the chaos on the server when we run it with a full company. Arty coming close, the flare running out, so many tracers going if you stick your hand out you will get hit, helo's making emergency troop drops and ammo drops, strafing runs from the Huey, a new flare popping up high in the air only to light up the line of enemies 15 feet from your position....man.....I can't wait.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Challenge accepted.

At least someone won't be flying. Lulz ;)

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

This sounds so good and bad and awesome at the same time :P I can't wait to get a taste ;) thanks for the vid Sarge
                            - - -

Comment

WOW. I accept the challenge. Bring on the VC. Reminds me of another famous battle where the use of combined arms was the key to sucesss. Where's BP and his artillery courses! I'm going to need to brush up. I'll leave the flying to dredge:D

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Battle_of_Long_Tan
                              sigpic

Former Pathfinder
                              Former ARMA Admin
                              Former ARMA TGU instructor
                              Former TGU Headmaster
                              Current Noob
                              Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server