Peoples Opinions on the following MODs

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peoples Opinions on the following MODs

So after getting ArmA2 back up and running last night I dove back into Armaholic to see what has been created and the following two MODs really caught my attention and wondering if anyone has used them yet or if TG has tried them. The second MOD reminds me a lot of the Magpul "Art of the Carbine" dvd that I've watched many a time.

Civilian Interaction Module

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15664

CG SMK animations movement enhancement

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14012

FORMER 22ND RRR/FORMER 1ST JTOC/ ALWAYS A TACTICALGAMER

Spartan 4

Re: Peoples Opinions on the following MODs

Animation things looks tempting... except not sure where I'd put my Turbo button. Also a lot of those only seem to really work in 3rd person. But! Probably going to look into them.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

SMK was awesome when i had it. I removed when i nuked my arma a couple months back. The only hitch is that without it server side, everyone sees you making some odd movements once in a while, because only you can see the animations happening.
      It's a little glitchy when going flat against a wall, but that could have been my noobishness with the mod too.
      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

I was actually really excited to see the SMK mod, but once I saw the running animations (combat jog), I immediately knew this would not be a mod I would grab up. No one who knows how to handle a weapon would move that way at all. It is so horribly animated that I couldn't live with myself watching a fireteam move around like that. The other features (urban prone, wall leans, etc.) are phenomenal and until/unless I can figure out how to remove the rest, I just couldn't do it... I laugh every time I see it.

Also, from the mod creator himself, which is a tremendous turn-off for me:
        Originally posted by Smookie
        1) This is not about realism! Virtual realism is as gay as Facebook! [...]

[...] Since i am not a "proffesional programmer" and probably fall into "98% of missionmakers" who lag the online play with their lack of professional advanced combat knowledge in information technology - I am not up for it!
        Last edited by LordFuzzywig; 03-10-2012, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Combat jog = demented scuttle? 10% chance you poke your own eye with the butt of your rifle?

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

I really liked the SMK when I first looked at it too. The only concern was that it was client side and so not everyone has to be running it. It could look really odd having players that don't have the mod wondering what the odd behaviors are or how is someone shooting around the corner ect...

I thought there was something buggy about jumping over the walls too. Anyone remember what that was?
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

If i remember correctly, it just looked... odd....

On the topic of addons... I still want to get my hands on Reezo's EOD Mod (evolution of the old script). Then in combination with my scripts and Fallujah, my hell-in-ArmA will be complete! >:D. That and I'll finally be able to make a decent convoy mission where you don't know EXACTLY where the IEDs are :)

Blackpython / ZephyrDark
              Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

I liked the EOD mod before, but when I heard it includes ECM packs I am wanting this!
                I could make the sickest ISAF missions with this mod.
                |
                | |

"Kirov is boss"
                CO49 Great Bear Part 1, 28APR2012.

Comment

The only thing I really want from the SMK mod is the crouch positions, prone positions, the slow tactical walk, and the leaning up against the wall.

It would be really cool if someone knew how to edit the mode with just the animations that make sense. I wonder how hard it would be to edit the coding to do so.

Spartan 4

Comment

Civillian Interaction is already part of ACE (hold down ace key when close to civillians, will get scroll wheel options).

SMK requires 30+ keybinds for people to remember. You really expect newbies to learn all of those?

Reference the following post for more relevant SMK info: http://tinyurl.com/85kkzya

"Great spirits have always encountered violent opposition from mediocre minds. " - Albert Einstein

Comment

Its just a discussion, not expecting anyone to have to do anything.

Spartan 4

Comment

I think it would be cool, just take some time to get used to it, once everyone got the hang of it though it would be awesome.

Comment

Thanks for your input ACog, long time no see or hear, before hooking up with any new mods it's always good to research all that it will entail. 30+ keybinds extra just for one mod is a tad too much. But, @ viper1986 the hunt for newer mods is a good thing to keep ongoing, thanks for keeping your eyes and ears open for this.

Comment

Looking through the list of possible actions there are a lot that probably aren't needed. The most useful I would find are the ability to take cover behind a wall and also to turn a corner from cover and fire. If I want to fire underneath a vehicle I will just go prone. I also would keep the action to scale over a wall as it would allow the option to maneuver through towns or objectives with ease. It also gives team leads more options when trying to achieve an objective.

Obviously you don't need different levels of crouch and walk/run. Prone is all you need when on the ground.

I don't see this as just a visual addon but a tool for players and team leads.

Spartan 4

Comment

I totally agree with you Acog that 30+ key binds is utterly ridiculous for anyone to want to learn as I will not give the time of day to learn them all.

Spartan 4

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X