[UPDATED] Join Tactical Gamers Bravo Server

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [GUIDE] [UPDATED] Join Tactical Gamers Bravo Server

NOTE! Tried to Spoiler and Hide pictures, however, functions do not exist. Admins, please feel free to spoiler or hide pictures with what ever function avails.

As promised folks, here's a tutorial on how to install ACRE and ACE on ArmA to join the Tactical Gamers Bravo Server.
    A picture tutorial, any further questions may be asked.

First you need TeamSpeak 3 from http://teamspeak.com/?page=teamspeak3

So these first steps are, may be optional.

First, we start by installing ArmA 2 (I had to purchase this game because the Capsule "GreenManGaming" where I got the free promotional version, was not working)

After this, comes of course, ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead (Very first ArmA game I purchased which is a physical disc copy)

NOTE! I installed British Armed Forces also, but forgot to take a screenshot of the installation. Look further to see the "BAF" folder.

Installing patch 1.59

http://www.armaholic.net/colombia/pa...Patch_1_59.zip

Patch 1.60

http://mirror.dyneslott.com/arma2oa/...Update_160.zip

Everything installed Successfully (BAF Included)

First two steps of Six (NOTE the Beta on the top, I forgot to mark it)

Second Section of BETA box

Import Server - Six Updater

Copy/Paste URL http://six.tacticalgamer.com/bravo/tgbravo.yml

The Final Step

There you have it ladies and gents,
    After that, once it reaches ACRE it will ask you for permission to install two files into Teamspeak 3 plugins folder, just click Yes.
    after that you are good to go. You should have no more "Corrupted Memory" or any other errors with ArmA 2 whilst trying to play in the server.
    "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
    "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
    "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Cool. Nice work, Colin

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: [UPDATED] Join Tactical Gamers Bravo Server

Good attempt Colin, in Game Profile, you can ck the boxes for nosplash,nofilepatching,nopause,skipintro and in world type "empty" without italics. At the top of Six clk the Home tab and in the box called profile clk the little arrow on right to open and choose A2 OA Combined Ops (forced). Also,clk the blue tab near top left corner of Six, open options and make sure the box named servermods is clear. Remove any thing that is in there.

Also,the picture you are showing with updater actions is only showing one @Jayarma2Lib file. There should be 2 files. @Jayarma2lib(s,D)r61, which the tile for that will remain black, and the recent one for the beta,@Jararma2lib_new(P,D)r1,v0.5.2, which should have a green tile when complete. I also recommed you first do a ping test before attempting to do any updater actions, so as, to give you access to rescent d/l mirrors. To do that simply clk the black button near the Sync with SU portal green tab and choose run ping test.

That is all I have for now. There are a few more things and features of Six I could cover with you on Teamspeak whenever you catch me. I like your approach and if you go over Dredge's thread http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...d-tg-arma.html you will see most of this is already documented. It might have to be updated a bit and simplified but it's all there in one package.

Comment

Originally posted by SARGE View Post
        Good attempt Colin, in Game Profile, you can ck the boxes for nosplash,nofilepatching,nopause,skipintro and in world type "empty" without italics. At the top of Six clk the Home tab and in the box called profile clk the little arrow on right to open and choose A2 OA Combined Ops (forced). Also,clk the blue tab near top left corner of Six, open options and make sure the box named servermods is clear. Remove any thing that is in there.

Also,the picture you are showing with updater actions is only showing one @Jayarma2Lib file. There should be 2 files. @Jayarma2lib(s,D)r61, which the tile for that will remain black, and the recent one for the beta,@Jararma2lib_new(P,D)r1,v0.5.2, which should have a green tile when complete. I also recommed you first do a ping test before attempting to do any updater actions, so as, to give you access to rescent d/l mirrors. To do that simply clk the black button near the Sync with SU portal green tab and choose run ping test.

That is all I have for now. There are a few more things and features of Six I could cover with you on Teamspeak whenever you catch me. I like your approach and if you go over Dredge's thread http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...d-tg-arma.html you will see most of this is already documented. It might have to be updated a bit and simplified but it's all there in one package.
        My apologies for the minor mistakes, I just re-installed everything and got a minor brain wave of amnesia.
        However, I have the BETA boxes ticked the step BEFORE, so any players should get the new JayArmALib_NEW

I'll update one or two of the screenshots, I see one of the links is dead.

--Edit--

Could an admin please change last picture for this one

And second picture for this,

--Second Edit--

Also, just above last picture where it says "Final Step" stick in "NOTE: RESTART SIX UPDATER FIRST" just so it recognizes the beta change.

Doesn't allow me to edit my post.
        "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
        "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
        "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

No apologies needed, you didn't do anything wrong. I liked the idea of you attempting this. I was just pointing out a few things I saw. Catch me on TS tonight and I can give you some small points to cover as you develop this.

1. How to search for all the tacticlgamer.com Arma2 servers.

2. The importance of having a Preset not only for Bravo, but Alpha and Charlie servers.

3. How to create launch icons for each server.

4. How to access the monitor the server to see who is on and what misson is running.

5. How to auto start other applications, such as Frap, TrackIR, and etc.

6. Where to find over 300 different mods and which ones you can use and where.

Comment

awesome, now i have TGMaps downloading

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse