IED Idea

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IED Idea

I remember playing a mission in Bravo with Dimitrius, Luke and others in Fallujah, where after me and another team mate responded too quickly to clear for Backblast resulted in everyones death :P

WELL, What I'm thinking now, is that we get a script like this http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=15127

The concept, or idea is so that in places like Fallujah, with long missions, or even a working Domi, we could route off to a "Side Mission" in a few humvees, possibly bump into an IED on the way, with two options.

A ) Team humvee gets blown up

B ) Scan the area a LOT, and back up to avoid pressure plates

My idea or plan after this would be that, if it's a street with buildings on both sides, and we avoid pressure plates, we can get two seperate 6 men teams to scan both left and right sides, behind buildings up to maybe 100 meters 12 o clock from the direction ahead and behind the IED.

Det-Team will stay at the IED site and either do a quick controlled det with C4, or else send one man up there to defuse the IED.

A great chance for some more teamwork, longer missions and to improve people's ability to recon areas on initiative

Post your thoughts.
    "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
    "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
    "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Re: IED Idea

Okay, that sounds really nice!
    I would love to see something like that on the Server, it would add alot of realism and people (especially Crew-man) needs to be alot more careful, so the Squad or Convoys doesn't walk/drive directly on an IED.
    That would be very cool, because if a Team/Vehicle is hit, you can start rescue-operations, need to search the area for possible triggermen and other IEDs etc. Also you need to pay attantion on suspicious persons, maybe they are going to blow up if they come near you...

Andy

Comment

The latest release of MSO uses the EOD mod if you want a mission that already uses it

link = http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-v4-2-released
      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Sadly, this isn't a script. Its an add-on/mod. There is a script VERSION (or was), but it was very unreliable and the 'random ied/suicide bombers" didn't work in multiplayer. I do agree though, that this mod would be a fantastic addition and would help us as mod makers create dreadfully evil missions in Fallujah, Takistan, and CLAfghan. :) *wink wink, nudge nudge* haha It would also allow us, as mission makers, to have more reliable IED situations that provide a lot less meta-gaming than the current methods we have to use.
        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Bah, Zargabad is far nicer than Fallujah.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
            Sadly, this isn't a script. Its an add-on/mod. There is a script VERSION (or was), but it was very unreliable and the 'random ied/suicide bombers" didn't work in multiplayer. I do agree though, that this mod would be a fantastic addition and would help us as mod makers create dreadfully evil missions in Fallujah, Takistan, and CLAfghan. :) *wink wink, nudge nudge* haha It would also allow us, as mission makers, to have more reliable IED situations that provide a lot less meta-gaming than the current methods we have to use.
            If used, we could even put it in the @TGMaps servermods addon folder so that when people download via Six-Updater they automatically get this.
            OR just have it in the default section with @ACE @ACEX @JayArmALib_New etc.

So far from my experience here, the only thing we lack is IED's in desert places. Other than that,everything is perfect.

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
            Bah, Zargabad is far nicer than Fallujah.
            That may be true, however Falluja is a bigger city, more corners, more insertion and ambush points etc. Although Zargabad's main town is brilliant for sniping spots.

--Edit--

ALSO, I'm suggesting we should use it in ALL desert areas. such as Takistan, Falluja, Zargabad, CLAfghan, and anywhere else.

Comment

This addon's use would be up to the mission maker. Not all scenarios in desert terrain require or make sense to have IEDs be a threat. I feel like this addon would benefit ANY mission ANYWHERE. Missions that it would benefit the most of course are:
              • Convoy Missions
              • IED Clearing
              • Urban Patrols

...to name a few.
              Blackpython / ZephyrDark
              Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

I've been messing around with it in the Editor in Falluja, Takistan and Zargabad, Can't seem to get it working.
                Tried a sample map the creator used in Utes, works fine. Maybe one of you will know what to do,
                I'm not exactly "Pro" at programming or mission making in this game.

From what I've seen though it's pretty good.

Comment

have a look at the tutorial videos:

Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                  Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Yeah,that mod would make missions more fun
                    Yeah,the avatar is supposed to be like that :D

Comment

Checked tutorial videos, however there's never any IED's spawned, I tried merging the Utes files into Desert maps such as Zargabad etc, didn't work.

Comment

don't know what to tell you other than you're probably screwing something up in the variable lines, etc.
                        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
                          don't know what to tell you other than you're probably screwing something up in the variable lines, etc.
                          Maybe. I'll have a look of it again after and see what the situation is.

Comment

wow..this mod would make missions with a patrol focus a lot more fun...no more garbage bag hunting...IEDs are a lot less visible now!

|TG-Irr| Lonewolf80

Comment

How about a scenario where you go out on patrol, but an IED (small one) blows up one of your vehicles - but its random, and you don't know which one? Then you get ambushed while trying to save your friendlies for extraction.

Could be fun, although I'm not a fan of patrol. :)
                              "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                              -Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X