Open invite to try out PR:ArmA2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [ANNOUNCEMENT] Open invite to try out PR:ArmA2

I've heard a number of people complain about the AI in ArmA2, how predictable it can be and rather dumb at times. I've also heard some grumblings about playing the same missions enough times to have them memorized, knowing where each enemy squad is, what their numbers are, etc.

There is a very simple solution for that: play against other humans. While there are TvT (team vs team) maps on both Alpha and Bravo, Co-Op maps are the dominant ones played. I prefer co-op myself, since TvT can be prone to griefing, or people forgetting about the "mission" and just playing deathmatch. But even with those problems, there is a certain rush you can get from being hunted by your fellow players (and hunting them!).

There is an ArmA server here at TG that features TvT action exclusively, in a mission-centric, task-oriented setting. It is the PR:ArmA2 server. Project Reality (PR) is a realism mod focused on real world scenarios and settings. It started on the Battlefield2 engine, but recently (the last six months) has been in testing on the ArmA2 engine. A new version (0.15) was recently turned over to the public (it was an exclusive here at TG for a month), and the player base is growing quickly.

This is an open invitation to come check out PR:ArmA, stick your toes in the water, with some assistance from me and others here at TG. If you're interested, or need any help getting started, feel free to send me a PM, catch me on Teamspeak or reply in this thread. To get started, it is a simple download and the binding of three (3) keys that vital to PR (similar to ACE interaction keys). No passwords required, no secret handshake.

I hope to see you in game!
    sigpic
    [squadl][conduct]

Re: Open invite to try out PR:ArmA2

I have not played .15 yet. I LOVE PR:ArmA. but in the beginning it was just too hard to control everyone. TOo many people just running off with assets, it annoyed the crap out of me. But I will have to download the newer version and play again. I am the squad leader from hell ^_^

Comment

For those playing Arma2 on the Alpha or Bravo servers and you need assistance to ck out the PR:Arma2, the Teamspeak channels for the Admins for PR:Arma2 are down the list under the BF3 channels. I did put in a request to have the channels put closer to the Armed Assault channels but still waiting to see if this can be done.

Comment

I'll definitely check our PR:Arma2 sooner or later. I already have the mod downloaded and ready to play, but I feel like I still need to work up my own tactics before heading up against real people.

What are the three specific binds, by the way?

|TG-Irr| Lonewolf80

Comment

Originally posted by louis0415 View Post
          I'll definitely check our PR:Arma2 sooner or later. I already have the mod downloaded and ready to play, but I feel like I still need to work up my own tactics before heading up against real people.

What are the three specific binds, by the way?
          T,space and windows key
          sigpic

Former Pathfinder
          Former ARMA Admin
          Former ARMA TGU instructor
          Former TGU Headmaster
          Current Noob
          Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Originally posted by Sector_15504 View Post
            I have not played .15 yet. I LOVE PR:ArmA. but in the beginning it was just too hard to control everyone. TOo many people just running off with assets, it annoyed the crap out of me. But I will have to download the newer version and play again. I am the squad leader from hell ^_^
            This^
            I tried it, wasn't for me (when it first launched)
            - VON (no ACRE)
            - Mass cat hearding brough to ARMA. BF2 was one thing, this is another with the maps so large. In BF2 you couldn't help but fight alongside your teammates sometimes. Map sizes in ARMA take that away and really require teamwork if you want to enjoy it - again, my opinion.
            - Class selection, not gear selection. You get a class, AT, SL, Rifle, etc and that's what you get. Fill your role in your squad. Ever since moving to ARMA, I find it hard to go back to that system.
            - Related: Gear/Backpacks - hold a dozen mags or some grenades, thats about it. Not easy to use or customize.
            - Again, the pubby herding is the issue i most disliked. Pubby drive off with truck, leave it in barren area abandoned... nice. Pubby fly off with chopper, crash/get shot down, don't support ground units... it was too much for me. I ended up getting quite angry... funny to look back at, but i was mad bro... lol.

PR brings a lot of cool aspects to the table like the PVP, FOB building, etc. Minus the FOB building, we have that in Bravo though (we just don't do PVP a lot - yet ;) )

I do encourage everyone to download and try it out. It won't mess with your Alpha/Bravo settings (last I checked). Form your opinion and see how you like it. Not sure whats new in the latest revision, but i'll be giving it a try too.
            Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
            A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Pretty much same reasons as Third. Dislike defalt ArmA VON (very disorientating after playing with ACRE - can't tell between direct and group). Also not really that nice to be a medic in - people don't want to stop for the wounded. In fact, don't want to stop in general. It's very easy to get completely left behind because you paused to check out some movement.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

This is not a what I like or didn't like thread. Please folks, we did that. Done that. It was an invite. Gosh already.

"Come over to my house"

"Don't like the colour of the drapes" "The dog smells" "You put too much milk in the mashed potatoes"

Just sayin.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

In all fairness though, those potatoes were like water.

I'm up for trying out PR. Was looking forward to the Irregs squadding up, but looks like I'm on my own now?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Thanks for the invite! Can't believe the server hit over 90 today. Question: did they add more than just the Brits? Cause their guns are like potato launchers - could never hit anything with them.
                    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                    -Einstein

Comment

I have to agree with Unkl on this, it was an invite to another great addition to the Arma classics. To make it I like Alpha don't like Bravo, or I like Bravo and don't like Alpha is kind of rude. If you haven't tried it you don't know what your missing or not missing. Project Reality : Arma2 is a great expression of the ablities, ideas, planning, and talents of a lot of people from the Project Reality: Battlefield 2 series. I have it, will be visiting some of my friends over there at times, because it's more important to me to keep up that friendship then to stay in my comfort zone. PR:Arma2, Alpha server, and the Bravo server are all different in there own way, yet I like them all and when I get a chance will play them all. I like the idea that it now opens up yet another way to play Arma2. Something new and different. It's great to beable to freely choose between the three and move around.

So, thank you Woof for the invite and since I am ready and set to go with this new version of Project Reality:Arma2, you can expect a visit from me and some great games and times.

Comment

It never lets me give +1 meh

I will be taking you up on this as well ;) after all the effort you put to show me the basics of it, I ll try and make it work :) I ll catch you in game here or there :madsmile:
                        - - -

Comment

I had the pleasure of playing with Woof for another game today on Taking Candy and some other maps. Was great fun as always.

I play about 2 hours a day, maybe 5 hours each weekend day, and have clocked almost 500 hours now on this awesome mod.

If there are any new players keen to learn the ropes or get in on the teamwork action, by all means send a request to join my Squad. Eventually I always have to lock the Squad when it's too big but if you tell me that you're a new player I'll definitely try to make some room. Once you've read the manual, if you have any questions by all means ask me during the game. There's lots of new players at the moment and it's just great. Everyone is welcome. There are lots of great squad-leaders too and you'll no doubt learn all their names in time.

It's always a pleasure playing with TG members; there is such a high standard.

Hope to see you on the Battlefield!

Cheers,
                          Swedge

Squad-Leader, A3 Bomb Disposal FAQ, PR:A2 Strategy Guide, A2 Insurgency Guide
                          TacBf: Moderator, Server Admin, Bugtester, Facebook Admin

Comment

I'll try to hop in for some PR:ArmA tomorrow. I'm hoping to have more than an hour or two to play. :)
                            [S7]Hablos
                            Proud to have been part of the 101st Siege Corps of Engineers

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Unk View Post
                              This is not a what I like or didn't like thread. Please folks, we did that. Done that. It was an invite. Gosh already.

"Come over to my house"

"Don't like the colour of the drapes" "The dog smells" "You put too much milk in the mashed potatoes"

Just sayin.
                              Originally posted by SARGE View Post
                              I have to agree with Unkl on this, it was an invite to another great addition to the Arma classics. To make it I like Alpha don't like Bravo, or I like Bravo and don't like Alpha is kind of rude.

I fully support Woof's announcement and attempt to help some gamers get into a new title they might enjoy a lot.

That said, he starts by saying
                              Originally posted by woof View Post
                              I've heard a number of people complain about the AI in ArmA2, how predictable it can be and rather dumb at times. I've also heard some grumblings about playing the same missions enough times to have them memorized, knowing where each enemy squad is, what their numbers are, etc.
                              Which, to me seems like a "This is what I like or didn't like - about ARMA:Alpha/Bravo."
                              If feedback or sharing experiences wasn't asked for, please lock the thread so that we don't have an opportunity to talk about it. I'm just not making sense of the fact that we're not supposed to comment about a game we are all being invited to. This is a forum where we talk about stuff :) Or so I thought.
                              NOTE: I'm not getting-on anyone here, but i felt a little got-on so i'm just stating my case here.

PS: I <3 Woof
                              :)
                              Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                              A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X