Bad helicopter pilots

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [VIDEO] Bad helicopter pilots

I've read a lot of self-deprecating jokes on Bravo about how bad we/you may be at helicopter piloting... just wanted to post this insane Wired video taken recently in Afghanistan. Just goes to show that helicopter pilots in real life can be just as bad.

I don't know - maybe this guy was suffering from a de-sync, lag, or maybe his Track IR went haywire?

http://www.wired.com/dangerroom/2012...-copter-crash/
    Last edited by zilfondel; 03-21-2012, 08:07 PM. Reason: grammar
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    -Einstein

Re: Bad helicopter pilots

Originally posted by zilfondel View Post
    I don't know - maybe this guy was suffering from a de-sync, lag, or maybe his Track IR went haywire?
    Either that, or he wanted to re-slot as a medic.
    Maybe even thought the Graphics of real life are terrible.
    "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
    "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
    "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

I'll see your one stupid Army pilot and raise you two stupid Navy pilots.
      sigpic
      [squadl][conduct]

Comment

Damn de-sync. It gets you every time. Same thing happens when I fly. The first bid was actually a throw back to my flight on domi some time back. When I plowed into a mountain lmao

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

"You have been kicked from the server for: 'Go practice flying elsewhere nub.'"

or

Pilots Thoughts: "FUuuuuu- I knew I should have been flying that KA-52, at least THAT thing has an ejection seat!"
          Blackpython / ZephyrDark
          Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

This one's still my faviourite:

|TG-Irr| westyfield

Sig pic by Sonic, avatar by Chalcas. Thanks!
            Irregular since 2007.

Comment

I still firmly believe that I'm possibly one of the worst pilots, having been ambushed by a NVA tree during an extraction at the LZ.

|TG-Irr| Lonewolf80

Comment

Everyone's been ambushed by terrain. Got ambushed by a tree and a radio tower before, when my computer decided my scenery looked better without them until 10m away. "La de da-- OH GOD NO NOOOOO!"

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
                  Everyone's been ambushed by terrain. Got ambushed by a tree and a radio tower before, when my computer decided my scenery looked better without them until 10m away. "La de da-- OH GOD NO NOOOOO!"
                  Got airlifted into a mission the other day, after preparing for about 20 minutes. Soon as our helicopter flew away, a hind came rushing in and killed us all. It's like it was hiding behind the trees waiting for our rescue to leave.

Anyway, after that we found out ACE Revive wasn't on.
                  "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
                  "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
                  "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

Originally posted by ColinM9991 View Post
                    Got airlifted into a mission the other day, after preparing for about 20 minutes. Soon as our helicopter flew away, a hind came rushing in and killed us all. It's like it was hiding behind the trees waiting for our rescue to leave.

Anyway, after that we found out ACE Revive wasn't on.
                    That was seriously good stuff. :) The real issue was that there were no launchers for the stinger missiles. I think I personally put about 150 rounds of 7.62 from my M240 into that jerk and he just kept coming, lol.

Hinds are seriously awesome (when you are not on the receiving end!) They can mess you up, then unload a squad of dudes to steal the wallet off your body.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Originally posted by Siantis View Post
                      Hinds are seriously awesome (when you are not on the receiving end!) They can mess you up, then unload a squad of dudes to steal the wallet off your body.
                      You assume there will be a wallet to find and it hasn't been turned into pink mist with the rest of you... lol
                      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                      X