ACE endurance bug

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ACE endurance bug

Would love to say that I had some fun games today because of the leadership and, for the most part.. some knuckle heads, the squad play was what I remembered.

BUT this stamina bug that is causing people to black out after 15 feet was getting kind of old quick. Its bad enough I have to spend 45 minutes walking towards an objective that only holds 4-5 OPFOR but to have to stop every 20ish steps to let one of the squad members cool down and repeat another 20 steps, gets old fast.

At one point I did want to just log out but I stuck around just for the mere fact of the community, but this bug is beyond obnoxious.

Re: ACE endurance bug

I haven't experienced it for a while now, from what I could tell, it was fixed. It might be good to start a ticket on the ACE Issue page on investigating this. The ACE Devs have been messing around with the stamina system quite a bit lately.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Sarge had it tonight on the Charlie Server.
      sigpic
      |TG-1st|Grunt
      ARMA Admin (retired)
      Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

I'm sorry Scotty, I want to create a good environment for everyone, but that Bug and the aforementioned knuckleheads really worked against me tonight.

Apologies.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

The bug was around the past 2 nights I was on and affected several people. Hopefully its resolved soon.
          Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
          A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

No need to apologize, What I meant by that is that the leadership was awesome.. it was the bug plus a couple that kind of made it not fun

Comment

I think for bravo squad it was our medic and machine gunner? they even tried to drop everything and go prone, drop everything but 1 box of ammo.. Etc

Comment

I'm still using the old ACE, and it's fine for me... which is odd, you'd expect it to not work or something.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
                  I'm still using the old ACE, and it's fine for me... which is odd, you'd expect it to not work or something.
                  These are all hotfixes that ACE is releasing. The version number is not being altered, only the revision/build number, so the ACE version check doesn't physically see a different version. The only thing about these 'hotfixes' is that a few of them have added content or altered physical things such as textures which may cause incompatibilities with players who are not on par with the server. Essentially, it is perfectly safe to update before the server does, in respect to being able to join or not, but it is NOT RECOMMENDED TO DO SO REGARDLESS.
                  Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                  Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

On Charlie server last night, I was the in the automatic weapons slot and wasn't affected with any stamina problems until after the tank next to me fired his weapon and then the bug hit. I was unable to walk a few steps without going prone and remaining still for a long time hearing my soldiers heart pounding like it was about to explode. Even though I told my Squadmates to proceed without me, that I would catch up, they stayed with me ( commendable but not necessary). The next time I will just drop out and then maybe slot back in. This might not fix the problem, but I don't want to be in the position of spoiling someone else's time on. I am sure there is a fix for this, that will be coming soon.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                    X