Help Needed: Python's Shotdetector Script v2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help Needed: Python's Shotdetector Script v2

Hey everyone, I would have posted this in mission development, but I believe I can make the thread a bit more noticeable here.

Now, to get on with the topic. I need help developing my next version my my Shot-finder script. This will be completely fleshed out with HUD pop-ups, sounds, and possibly an anti-RPG system! This might eventually turn into an addon, which may be the first TG Addon in a long time if ever!

What I need right now:
    • Voice Actor (Male or Female, will possibly need both)
    • Someone with good audio editing software
    • A decent photoshop'er
    • A script guru to assist me in the scripting aspect

Note: These jobs will offer no pay, I apologize, but you will of course be added into the credits of the script/addon when it is complete. Thank you for all who consider this offer.

For those wishing to voice act for the script, i need samples from you. Here is your script:

Tone of Voice: Monotone, emphasis on the SHOT and RPG on sample one and two.

Sample 1: Shot, 1 O'Clock.
    Sample 2: RPG, 3 O'Clock.
    Sample 3: System Activated.
    Sample 4: System Deactivated.
    Send me a PM with a download link for your sample and I will get back to you as soon as possible.

For those who can claim themselves to be a decent photoshop'er, I need to get a HUD display image to show up on the screen. The image is to be of the BOOMERANG III Shot Detection System's control box. All i need is the left side of the box, where you have the Clock Face and the LCD screen.

Image Sizes need to be of x^2 by y^2 (64x64, 256x1024, 1225x1225, etc.)

Source Image:

For those enlightened more on scripting, I need help creating custom dialogs for this, if that is even the method that needs to be done. Contact me through PM or on Teamspeak.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Re: Help Needed: Python's Shotdetector Script v2

Me gots sound stuff. Um hum.

Can edit, add radio effects, be monotone...sound Canadian...ect..
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

That was fast... haha. When I get a voice actor unk, I'll probably ask you to edit the files. They're going to need to sound like they're coming out of a poor quality speaker. Example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrIk5_XR8Hk&t=7m
      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Scripting Guru here!
        Need any thing scripting and any problems, i'm the man to ask :)

Comment

Here you go Python

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Anybody who does some recording please leave at least 4 seconds of silence either at the beginning or end of the samples. Leave at least 2 seconds on the end. Thanks muchly.

I will use this to be able to do any noise canceling that is required.
            |TG-189th| Unkl
            ArmA 3 Game Officer
            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
            189th Infantry Brigade Member
            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Wow low, that's pretty snazzy. And unkl, you sound so professional :) I'll see if I can record some stuff if I get more than a couple of seconds at my pc this weekend.

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                Wow low, that's pretty snazzy. And unkl, you sound so professional :) I'll see if I can record some stuff if I get more than a couple of seconds at my pc this weekend.

- Sent via tapatalk. Please excuse the typos.
                Never trust an Irish man with voice acting, either drunk, or hungover.

Can't wait to see this finished though, would be great for our tactical fights :)
                "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
                "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
                "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

Awesome Low, now hopefully Hawke and I can figure out how to set up a dialog to handle the showing of the image when it needs to be displayed. Lowspeed, we may also need some glowy bits (like the lights turned on). All that we would need is a red dot that would fit directly over the spot, maybe an overlay that is about the same size as the original image with the dot in the correct placement, in that case we'd need 12 of those. Might be good to toss in the dot as its own small image and we might be able to move it around accordingly. Thanks again guys!

Also, I want to update everyone that I have a nearly working "TROPHY Active Countermeasure System" script in the works that would go along with this very nicely. I've gotten it to take down RPGs mid-air, albeit not 100% reliably, and I believe I have nearly got an 'ammunition' system working for it. Current goal is to define an 'ammo level' for each vehicle defined in the script and be able to alter that number freely.
                  Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                  Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Dialogue: "*BEEP BEEP BEEP* 1 'o Clock!"

Enjoy!

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Awesome!
                      That helps me out a lot with the HUD, cheers LowSpeed :D

Comment

Just going to toss this up here now.
                        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Doesn't the boomerang have a computerized voice? Text-to-speech should work. I've heard boomerangs with female voices also. Nothing sexier than a monotone woman's voice telling you where you're getting shot from!

Comment

Originally posted by 1n7r3p1d View Post
                            Nothing sexier than a monotone woman's voice telling you where you're getting shot from!
                            Nothing sexier than falling into a hypnotic state and being shot to death :p.

I'd be very happy to help beta test this once finished if you wish
                            "War is not about what's right, It's about what's left"
                            "There is no flag large enough to cover the shame of killing Innocent people"
                            "If we don't end war, War will end us"

Comment

@Colin9991 As long as you don't throw kisses at the Voice.:madsmile:

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X