No more custom mods?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No more custom mods?

I just attempted to join Bravo, and was promptly kicked due to the 'not signed' addons I have. - I have one, and it helps me DANCE! I can't dance, even in real life... You've taken away my ability to express myself..... and i'm very sad... ;)

But back to bzns...
    I'd just like to put out a community feeler - was this the right thing to do? And ladies/gents, before starting, lets keep it productive and flame retardant in here, gracias in advance.

Personally;
    - I wish there would have been a poll or something to get a feel of how everyone felt (I'm aware of the 'community climate' post). Last I knew, a lot of the Bravo population used client side mods.
    - If this action was being taken, a little warning instead of my prompt kick would have been cool as well. If I missed a post, mea culpa.
    - If this action was being taken, it would have been cool to know the reasons behind it.
    I've heard things such as improvements to framerates, or prevention of hacking. I haven't seen anyone hack on Bravo, ever, and i've played a bunch. But of course I can't say its 'never' happened, but again, I haven't heard stories about "that jerk hacker last night/week" either. The community usually deals with such things in stride.
    Regarding framerates, this is something i'd be interested in, but I think the framerate problems we encounter most are mission related, not client side mod related. On the technical side of things, I am a complete ARMA nubcake, so excuse my ignorance here if i'm waaaay off base. But as far as im familiar (read: have been told) the client side is generally not the source of significant issues.

I kinda feel this took away a dimension of ARMA that makes ARMA, ARMA. Try adding mods to BF3 or another shooter type game - not happening. Sure, I can download mods in Skyrim, but flying MyLittlePony/Dragons are only entertaining for so long...

I really like that we've started growing on the content side of things (recent additions of MRAP, Opfor skins, very cool) but i'm not yet sure where I'm landing on the restriction piece.
    Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
    A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Re: No more custom mods?

I stand by the ARMA nubcake(Thirdsin) He should be allowed to dance. There are stories about Thirdsin's dancing that spread like webfire.

xD

But srsly, it will be interesting to see if it affects frame rates.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Before anyone post here go to the Unk's post of the Udate to TGmaps Announcement, read thru it and you will see he is asking for you to list your client side mods. Give us the time to get signatures for your client side mods.

http://www.tacticalgamer.com/armed-a...aps-today.html

Comment

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand somehow I missed that - or it simply didnt process in my simple mind.
        It seems like a lot of work for the admin team to approve/reject keys at the whim of players that download something off of Armaholic. Still noodling this.
        Last edited by ThirdSin; 04-10-2012, 11:55 PM.
        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Third,

The pay off will come with increased stability because everyone is using the same mods & the same versions. Also, yes, we have had players use mods of very questionable repute on Bravo and this will limit this practice. Thirdly, ;) we have a new enhanced admin team at the ready to solve all your problems, or at least help you to solve your problems as they relate to signatures.

This has been implemented in the past but when I took over the day to day on the box I didn't have the know how on keeping up with it. Now that we have a solid and full admin team I have been able to focus on these kinds of important back room jobs. We'll get everything running smooth again, but all change comes with a few bumps in the road.

Thanks to everyone for your patience and input. We won't support every mod out there but will assess them as a team as requests are submitted.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

...as for framerates.

We are using a Beta version/patch, also ACRE/JayArmA2Lib is outdated.
            Once either of the factors come up with a stable version, I'm sure the framerate party will resume shortly.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

If we're going to have signature checks, why not just all out password the server? Not meaning to be inflamatory (re-read what I said and it sounded like that, but not sure how to phrase it otherwise), but it seems about as likely to stop random people browsing the server listings joining as passwording does.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Pepper,

The mods we are using all have public sigs the server will support. We have included custom sigs to ease the transition.

Sent thru the ether via Tapatalk.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                189th Infantry Brigade Member
                SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Oh, fair snuff then.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X