Mission Maker Challenge 2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mission Maker Challenge 2

Ok Mission Makers listen up! I have a challenge for you. I would like to get a mission made up for the server. A very simple one. Here's what I would like to try and do:

Large TvT around 30-40 players total. Heres the catch. Blufor has 6 the rest are on Opfor.

Mission: After a simple recon has gone wrong a ODA Section of Delta Force is now cut off behind enemy lines. They must move north to the boarder to survive.

Gameplay: Opfor have everything a modern army would. Weapons, ammo, vehicles, armor, and a recon/transport helo (hind). They can use all of these assets in order to find and kill/capture the Blufor team. Blufor have a basic mission loudout. Maybe some extra ammo in a box as they will have been out there for several days. They must avoid capture and move to the boarder by any means. Maybe the town has a car or two in it with limited fuel? Or a bike? Who knows!?

Here is the kicker. Blufor have no respawn. Opfor can keep respawning until the mission is over.

Thoughts? Who wants to help get this going?

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Re: Mission Maker Challenge 2

Easy to make, simple mission, but blufor would get railed. Thermal images on tanks hind etc would just be too easy

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
    So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
      Easy to make, simple mission, but blufor would get railed. Thermal images on tanks hind etc would just be too easy
      Thats why you use the Ambient Civ module. So there are always people and cars moving around. ;) Have to be sure of who is who.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

The difference between Blufor and civs on thermal is massive, Just don't see the blufor having much of a chance the hind alone would find them and kill them in no time

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity

Comment

Do it in reverse. BluFor have NVGs and thermals. Opfor has no extra sighting capability. Also place at night. Zero respawn for both sides. Eventually I am going to make a Commandoes knock off of what United Ops has. That stuff is fun!

Comment

Maybe give blufor some "off map support" Arty, UAV support, Air drops.

They are outnumbered and alone outgunned, by support is just a phone call away. Since opfor is hunting blufor and should be on the move most of the time, arty wont be super overpowered, UAVs can provide Hellfire support but is also easy to shoot down, and blufor carries a stinger can scare off the hind. Maybe even a blufor jet ready for a quick call in, flies in hits the target leaves again.

Comment

How about this;

Opfor has vehicles, but no thermal optics. Like Jeeps and "Stolen" humvees. Maybe a little bird or a nice biplane for recon ;)

I want it during the day to add to the tension. Having a UAV for Blufor would be cool, maybe arty ala Domi. But I don't want a resupply drop. They will need to conserve ammo or kill a patrol and steal weapons. If it becomes too balanced it will lose the fear factor. Stingers are always a nice little present for air assets hehehehehhehe

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Alright so what we got

* 6 blufor Delta force members
                * 30 Opfor Russian army members
                * Opfor access to fast transport but no heavy vehicles Ie tanks jets gunships
                * Blufor off map support, arty and UAV
                * Limited ammo and lives on blufor
                * Large amount of supplies and lives for opfor
                * Civs in towns including cars

Simply enough, just a few other things.

What map? Scripted arty/UAV or player controlled support crew off map maybe 4 guys?
                Whole map, or limited area?
                Time limit for blufor or just until caught

Comment

I think that it would be cool to have player controlled support. to where the support team has to radio in what they're seeing on a UAV. As for any arty support. I think that the ACE arty (although I love ACE) would be too burdensome for the Blufor, and thus, I believe it should be avoided. I also think that there are some "special" units somewhere in Blufor that have the "undercover" team, from the campaign, This might help the Blufor stay concealed a little better. Obviously, the biggest issue with a map like this, would be balancing. But I think that if there were a Wide enough AO, that it would be fairly feasible for the Delta force to move through. The other issue I see is that this can become a "drop-out" mission, if things go to long without any excitement (especially for the Opfor). Another Idea would be to make the time right before dusk, so that the Opfor feel the urgency of hunting them down before it gets dark (and, of course, give them flashlights and stuff just in case it goes into the night).

I'm assuming that Adept is interested in heading this up? I'm not super skilled in mission making from the technical side, but I'd love to help brainstorm this further. I'm also fairly decent at thoroughly testing missions (beyond just playing them).

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                  "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Do Hinds have heat vision?

Also, yes for player UAV support! <Puts on secretary voice>

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
                      Do Hinds have heat vision?

Also, yes for player UAV support! <Puts on secretary voice>
                      tbh I havnt tested it, but I would think the gunner would have it

Comment

Any map with a nice boarder to run to. UAV player controlled would be nice but would need a cool down timer so you can't keep sending one up. No time limit, whole map if it can be done. I like the disk idea.

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

I'll have a go at it, throw some things together

Comment

Let me know if you want/need help testing or someone to bounce ideas off of. I think it would be cool to throw in a independent faction (or player civis) helping out the Blufor with random stuff, like getting through checkpoints, fire support, diversions etc. This would also allow the Blufor to "blend in" better, as there would be "more human-like" players running around.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                            "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

For OPFOR, don't forget they get the L-39
                              http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aero_L-39_Albatros
                              http://www.armatechsquad.com/ArmA2Cl.../vehicles/air/

Also, you guys recently added the Mig-21 Fishbed. Not exactly the world's most technologically advanced jet!

And then there are the biplanes...
                              "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                              -Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X