Weapon loadouts/main weapons

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weapon loadouts/main weapons

Hey! What are everyone's favorite US main weapons?

I know the main theme with TG is to "KISS" and that simplicity of weapons and standardization of ammo are paramount - not to mention realism.

On that note, for a mid-sized team of ~12 SOF troops on a night mission*, what (in your opinion) should be the primary weapon?

-M4A1 AIM
    -M4A1 CCO
    -M4 iron sights
    -M16
    -other??

VOTE!

Most popular choice will probably get added to the BLUFOR loadouts for the COOP mission I'm working on. :)

*obviously the night missions make scoped weapons and ACOG variants worthless
    "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
    -Einstein

Re: Weapon loadouts/main weapons

I'm not sure what the "realistic" standard is. But I suppose it all depends on the difficulty you want to set. Iron sights, of course, can be the most difficult to shoot accurately. But as a plus, for a night OP, you would have a better Field of view, and no obnoxious bright light (AIM) messing with your NVG's (especially if you set your Post-processing to anything but low). I personally would go for the CCO, as it provides a good balance of FOV, and accuracy, while keeping a simple red dot to keep your NVG's (or natural night-vision in general) from going all out of wack. (as a side note: realistically, at night your eyes will naturally rely more on peripheral vision as this part of your eyes pick up movement easier than strait on.) I'm assuming that your BLUFOR will be US troops, based on your choice suggestions?

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

I'm not sure about realistic, but my favorite weapon is the M14 RCO (which happens to have a CCO on top of the RCO). But for night the CCO version.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

*obviously the night missions make scoped weapons and ACOG variants worthless
        Thats where you're wrong. As long as its not PITCH black, its very easy to engage targets so long as you have a scope that has some form of illumination (ACOG, Mk17's Sniper's Leupold, PSO sights on the AKs, etc) .

Anyways, mine would have to be an HK416 MicroCCO.
        Blackpython / ZephyrDark
        Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Apparently the CCO is the favorite. I also agree that HK416 is a good choice.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
          "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Yeah, I've been in a number of missions with weapons that range from iron-sights MP5's to CCO's M4s. And yes, I'm using US troops - trying to make a mission that will be somewhat familiar equipment-wise.

Oh, there will be another team that is Takistani... so I will need to figure out weapons for them as well (prob AK-74/105 variants).

Night missions are interesting, as there are some "magic hours" when it can go from 100% pitch black to fairly bright extremely quickly. I'm timing this mission right around 5am so that you get just enough time to get in position & start the OP before your cover starts to get blown, yet you could still get by with NVs on throughout the entire time.

I will probably go with CCO'd weapons and iron-sights automatics. There will be a couple of huge shootouts right before dawn, and the firepower will be needed.

The one thing that gets me is how many M4s there are. I count some 106 in LEA, just under the USMC faction's. Obviously, many are from ACE.
            "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
            -Einstein

Comment

M4 Holo = total domination on the battlefield.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X