No announcement yet.

New to Armed Assault on TG? Report in.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] New to Armed Assault on TG? Report in.

This thread is for all the players who are on our "Armed Assault servers" and would like to introduce themselves.

First of all welcome :) We are glad you want to be part of our team.

Please take a few minutes to have a look at our SOPs and Primer.

If you have any questions on how to set up your game you should look at the "Hitchhikers Guide To TG ArmA" or jump in on TeamSpeak and we will help you there.

After that, please post in this thread and introduce yourself to the community. Feel free to include the following:
    1. In-game Name:
    2. Any group affiliation? (Previous Clan):
    3. Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint?:
    4. Are you active in any other games at TG?:
    5. Any interest in mission editing/scripting?:
    6. Any real world Military experience?:

Thank you and have fun!

To continue this thread since it was getting so big.
    Last edited by TheBigC; 09-11-2013, 10:11 PM.
    - - -

Re: New to Armed Assault on TG? Report in.

I just found this

Originally posted by MCpl Bloggins View Post
    Hi hi , I'm Bloggins. I'm slightly slow but eventually I pick the necessary things up to function. ;)

In-game Name: MCpl Bloggins
    Any group affiliation? (Previous Clan) Not really, but a bunch of years back I played in the Fight For The Future tournament for BF2 PR, which had assigned teams for 'campaigns' and such.
    Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint? A tiny bit with ArmA 1, and quite a bit more with OP Flashpoint. Gooood times.
    Are you active in any other games at TG? Yep - BF3 and occasionally Project Reality, though I prefer the depth of this game.
    Any interest in mission editing/scripting? I'd like to say yes but... I'm a complete scatterbrain when it comes to this stuff. I can learn in time, hopefully
    Any real world Military experience? 4 years in the Canadian Forces as an infanteer, clock still ticking.
    A belated welcome Bloggins :)
    - - -

Comment

I figured I would make a thread introducing myself a bit, considering you fella's will see a LOT of me around in the next few months.

Basically, I came to TG and bought ArmA in the past week for a real purpose (other than fun, of course). I am 17, and have been planning to join the U.S. Army for my entire life, and seeing as I'm graduating High School soon I will be leaving in about two months. I plan on buzzing right through to Ranger school no problem, I come from a military family and my dad and uncle are both former rangers, and my uncle is still working for SOCOM. (I won't bother to say specifically where) Anyway, The reason I came to TG and ArmA is because I knew what high standards you guys held as far as realism and tactics. I played BF2:PR with TG about a year or two ago and remember some players from there, and knew that once I got into the game I would be in good hands. Sure enough, I was right, but I'll get into that later.

Basically, I came to you guys to use as a training tool. Some of you may know that Ranger school requires students to take positions in missions that they otherwise wouldn't be taking. I plan on entering ranger school as an E2 at lowest, and I won't even be 19 yet. This doesn't give me a whole lot of direct training or experience under my belt to be ready for this aspect of Ranger school. So basically, I came to you guys as a training tool first. I plan on learning everything I need to know about the experience side aspects of squad, team, and platoon leading. This community and all of those who I will play with will be my help in doing so... even if you don't know it.

Now, I really want to thank everyone for being so kind and helping me get off to a good start. From the moment I have any questions everyone jumps to their feet to help me out. I'm not too good at admitting my weaknesses, so usually I keep quiet and try to learn from listening around, but there are definitely some things I can't learn that way. The people I have played with so far have really helped me out, and I am incredibly grateful. I'd really like all the help I could get, so any tips or advice that really seem to make a big difference I would love to hear. Don't think I get bored listening to a lecture, either. I will sit here with a pen and I will strive to obtain as much info as I can.

I plan on taking command roles fairly soon, and to get right into the 'training' that I will need, and I really love how I can always rely on this tight knit community to help me out.I played a few games tonight and every night this week. Every night the game get's better and better, on all aspects. Particularly I had an incredible time tonight, in such a manner that compelled me to come to the forums and tell everyone about it.

So, I don't want to write a thesis paper here and will stop now, just kinda wanted to introduce myself and give a little background. I hope I can meet some more of you on the community side and I can't wait to play with more of you in the months that come.

Also; My in game name is 'Butler' for those of you that have played with me this week, or will in the future.

EDIT: I realize this post may be in the wrong place. I tried to keep it relevant, but if otherwise please feel free to move it, thanks!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Welcome Toptonic-Butler. You have come to the right place for taking on the learning curve of Arma2 and having fun at the same time. You can touch base with any of the Admins or anyone else in the Arma2 community in the Armed Assult channels of TS. I am usually around in the evening after 8:00pm EST.

Comment

• In-game Name: Sockman
          • Any group affiliation? (Previous Clan): |TG-Irr| BF2 PR
          • Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint?: ARMA2 Campaign, and messing around with the editor and ACE/ACRE
          • Are you active in any other games at TG?: Battlefield 2, Project Reality
          • Any interest in mission editing/scripting?: Sort of, want to get the hang of the game first
          • Any real world Military experience?: Nope

|TG-Irr|Sockman

Comment

Welcome aboard all. glad to see some new faces and names.

@ Butler. We have a handful of active military on board so I hope you get a chance to chat with them.

See you on the servers !
            sigpic
            |TG-1st|Grunt
            ARMA Admin (retired)
            Pathfinder-Spartan 5

Comment

Hey everyone, Ive been playing on the server for about a month now, but I havent introduced myself!

In-game Name: |TG-IrrP| Tiberia
              Any group affiliation? (Previous Clan): none
              Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint?: Have never played either of them until this month!
              Are you active in any other games at TG?: BF3, but not interested in TG for that.
              Any interest in mission editing/scripting?: Maybe after I get the basics down
              Any real world Military experience?: I'm currently enlisted in the United States Air Force, almost 4 years in.

I have been absolutely loving my experience in TG so far. Ive met alot of really awesome people who were really helpful when I was just starting out. I am looking forward to many good times in the future!

Comment

bumpin. Any of the new guys feel free to give the rest of us forum hobbits a 'Hello'! even if you've been around for a little bit.
                Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Welcome Tiberia

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

In-game Name: PaxJarome
                    Any group affiliation? (Previous Clan): nope
                    Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint?: once tried OpFlashpoint
                    Are you active in any other games at TG?: nope just Bravo
                    Any interest in mission editing/scripting?: hm... yes... I allready have some Ideas, but more for "how to teach people who are new to ArmA with Ace/Acre"
                    Any real world Military experience?: no...

Comment

Welcome fellas and it's good to have you on board and enjoying your selves on the servers.

Comment

Hi Pax! Nice work on the 9-June mission, I'll have you as my medic anyday ;-)
                        Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                        A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

In-game Name: Kizz / Kizz O
                          Any group affiliation? (Previous Clan): |TG-IrrP| BF3, [uBp]
                          Any experience with Armed Assault and/or Operation Flashpoint?: ARMA2 Campaign, DayZ
                          Are you active in any other games at TG?: Battlefield 3, DayZ, Minecraft, Mount and Blade series.
                          Any interest in mission editing/scripting?: As soon as I get knowledgeable about the game I may look into map editing or even hard programming for mods.
                          Any real world Military experience?: Unless you count tactical Airsoft, shooting birds or hunting, then no.

Just a quick intro:

I'm Kizz, you'll normally see me in DayZ or Battlefield 3. I just recently picked up playing Arma 2, so I'm not exactly the best, however I am really skilled with heilos. I prefer either assault or sniper setups, but can handle just about any gun in any situation. If you need anything, feel free to ask or PM me! If you guys ever need an extra person for a mission or anything, let me know!
                          Never fear! Kizz is here! - Medic - Pilot (CAS-Heilo, NO JET) - AT

Comment

Welcome Kizz. Indeed nice flying last night on Alpha.

The phn keyboard is not my friend
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer
                            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Welcome Kizz, I am sure you will feel right at home here.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X