ASR_AI Feedback

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASR_AI Feedback

I've just applied the ASR_AI mod to the Bravo server. Please post your experience with it here. We will monitor server performance and how well this mod serves to adjust AI to some more realistic behaviors. I've used the default settings as the starting point and we can adjust if need be from there.
    |TG-189th| Unkl
    ArmA 3 Game Officer
    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
    189th Infantry Brigade Member
    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Gnarly. Thanks unkl (and bl1p for suggesting it).

Looking forward to trying it out :)

Sent via Crapatalk 2. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: ASR_AI Feedback

I can't wait to see this in action. I hope it makes a significant difference...

Thanks guys.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Well how about a good test tonight?

We can run some MSO or other missions (depending on numbers) and see how they react

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Review of ASR_AI, right after you uploaded it at 2am for me in my sleepless night I loaded up a MSO called a mission and haloed to the area. (Bl1p the halo script no longer gives you a temp back pack, I loaded MSO 4.25 I think) I did not look if it was on Expert and I notice I had third person so it was on Veteran or Regular. After getting on the ground and killing a Shilka I lined up on a a BTR. I missed my shot he scanned for about 10 seconds then started to shoot in my direction(Nice Change) I ran down the hill to cut his line of sight his bullets behind me at my feet. I ran into the town got in a building and scanned down the road, I could see Infantry moving to my last position and scanning my current position(Oh in my recon I seen a sniper/spotter using their binoculars that's a second for me in Arma2 could be the mod).

I move out of the building found low cover, my first brush with the Infantry was a pleasant surprise, not expecting such close contact but knowing they were out there I was low running when an AI walking gun down and me spotted each other at 50m. He seem to react just as I did, I seen him not expecting him I just kinda looked at him for 2 seconds as it sank in, he also just looked at me with his gun down, then as my brain figured out he is an enemy I went prone, he also went prone, there was a small hill between us that cut our line of sight, having no frags I got up low ran to cover behind me, he also ran for cover behind him but I got their first and shot him the back. Then killed 2 PKM gunners running towards the fire. I waited for awhile then stood up for a better look then I heard POP and got low, I then heard a impact on the wall but I could tell what direction I was being fired at. He was on my left flank I moved in cover to engage and killed him.

I then crossed the road to my left flank to see where he came from and took fire in the open so grabbed the on only cover I could find a 1.5m high destroyed section of a building, it was a really low cover but I could see and shoot over it. The AI were putting shots on and over my cover but I found them and killed them(they were engaging from 250m but not moving forward just kinda standing shooting a few times then would move into a different bad position in the open to shoot a few more times) I killed them after I located them, this happen about 3 times. After killing a squad in the hills(for some reason they all just lay prone in the hill 350m away from me they did not move as I picked them off 1 by 1 but they did put really good fire on me when I had more then my head and gun out of cover) I went up and checked for AT found none then went back down through town seen a soldier on the road 300m away.

At this point I was out of breath from all the running but I spotted a standing Civilian I figured I would use him as cover and steady my rifle on him to kill the guy on the road who was scanning but in the wrong direction. The Civilian blew up as I got close(bl1p he did not say Allah Ackbar). After haloing in again I took out the rest of the armor which were just BRDM Spandrels just hover around me like flys but not shoot. On the hill scanning I found the last three guys they would shoot at me, it was close fire but I was always close to cover so I would get cover and return fire killing them, this happen 3-4 times until I finish the mission of clearning the town(bl1p as I won the mission I spotted three more Infantry moving around in the area so im not sure what the trigger is). After beating the mission I felt like it was a real good fire fight but I did not die to any AI with guns so I reloaded MSO on Expert.

Got in the game called a mission then haloed in to the area. I was on a hill top 500m away from the Objective. It had a Shilka and 16 men I could see on the top of the hill. I engaged but missed the Shilka and was taking fire from the AI I could hear they were close shots as I lay prone trying to rearm my SMAW, I made the adjustments on my range and even tho they were firing I thought I could kneel take the shot and get prone before I would be hit. I was wrong as I came out of prone lined up for the SMAW shot I took a fatal hit. After haloing back in could not find the shilka but I could see infantry trying to get my on left flank, they were now about 450m away, this was just out of range of my weapon but I took cover behind a small rock and fired. I took close fire back, and when I moved left on my cover my lower body became exposed and I was hit in the leg, I bandaged and injected morphine then retook my low cover. As they were getting out of sight in the valley in front of me I tried to stand up over my low cover to see them better but took a shot again, after patching up again I went prone on the side and engaged and killed the AI who have not yet made it to the valley.

Not being able to walk from the first hit I just moved up slow to clear the valley then crawled across the valley where I spotted a second squad prone on the hill as I crawled to engage them I took fire from up the hill, tried to fire back but they were above me on the hill, I had no cover and could not walk so they gave me a fatal shot when I stood to see them. I then disconnected and went to bed. I felt I did have some really good fire fights and even on expert they did not have crazy good aim, but I felt the enemy movement was unrealistic, they go prone in the open and don't move when you shoot at them or they go out of cover to put shots on you, a few times it seemed like they had me pinned down and had the chance to get on my flank but they never did. That could be the mission or we never really have firefights longer then two bullets maybe thats just Arma AI. But I do feel it was great firefight and better experience.

Comment

Originally posted by AdeptAbyss View Post
            Well how about a good test tonight?

We can run some MSO or other missions (depending on numbers) and see how they react
            MSO would be great to test thing IMO. The engagements are perfect for it.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Great AAR TalkingBM. (that doesn't sound right). But I enjoyed your writeup.

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                bl1p for suggesting it
                Indeed, thanks for the suggestion, Bl1p
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Im still in shock that someone listened to me :)

Looking forward to seeing how it plays on bravo !!
                  The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

I just got off bravo a little while ago while playing by myself. I fired up a mission takistan (cant remember the name), it was just a simple clear the town kind of mission. I found that the AI were still pretty ridiculous because I was killed almost every time within the first 3 shots the AI fired around 200m away. I realize thats not that far but they were reacting faster then I was and shooting through foliage so I was pretty screwed.

Decided that was a bad test mission and moved onto another. Adam and I fired up one of those German ones on Zargabad. We got into some contact but then Adam had to leave so I was one man armying it again. I walked to the objective through a small trench thing, and when i popped my head slightly over the trench wall I got eyes on some enemy infantry. Somehow they got eyes on me too even though their backs were to me because the SL did some hand signal and next thing I knew I was under fire. Surprisingly, with 4 of them shooting at me I wasnt hit and managed to kill them all.

I carried on and unfortunately had to cross some open fields to get to the objective and took fire from over 300m away across the river. And it was ALOT more accurate fire than the contacts that I engaged at close range. I took a shot in the side and it put me down on my stomach. I patched up, popped smoked and hauled it towards the small town nearby. I took some pretty heavy fire from a technical but after some fire and maneuver I managed to kill him. I was taking alot of fire through the tall fields of plants (opium plants maybe?) and it was scary because all I could see is green tracers coming through it and landing all around me.

I got into the town and did some clearing of compounds, weirdly enough I didnt find anyone until the very last compound. I came around the corner of a building, peaked around and immediately had my head shot off buy a guy 5 feet from the corner.

All in all, my hour on bravo proved to be inconclusive because one guy by himself cant possibly accurately measure how the AI have been changed. However, the bots are like regular AI still...hackto aim through objects and very very fast target acquisition.
                    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Joe I don't know how the ASR_AI work if they take over mission scripted AI or if mission script takes priority, but that might have been the mission creator setting the AI skill with script that's why you got the SUPER AI aim. As for the guy standing in a corner waiting for you to pop your head around I notice similar stuff with my test because the AI movement was not realistic they would often just stop all movement and cover the only direction in to that area.

Comment

Originally posted by talkingBEERmug View Post
                        Joe I don't know how the ASR_AI work if they take over mission scripted AI or if mission script takes priority, but that might have been the mission creator setting the AI skill with script that's why you got the SUPER AI aim. As for the guy standing in a corner waiting for you to pop your head around I notice similar stuff with my test because the AI movement was not realistic they would often just stop all movement and cover the only direction in to that area.
                        I suspect that scripted AI (UPSMON etc) may overrite ASR_AI, although I'm not certain. I know for certain Domi doesn't use UPSMON, and Python's missions don't use it either. JB, Sector and I use UPSMON (as far as I know, anyway), so probably not going to work testing the AI on any missions made by mission makers that use UPSMON.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Just ran a good long MSO, I didn't notice any significant difference in AI. They did take cover when fired upon, but were slow to react and usually would walk into the open again within a few seconds. At one point I did notice that they were sneaky and trying to get to us via flanking, but it didn't really work as they aren't advanced enough to use cover well.

Comment

Adjusted AI aiming speed to lower again using ASR. We'll try that.
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by Athanasa View Post
                              I suspect that scripted AI (UPSMON etc) may overrite ASR_AI, although I'm not certain. I know for certain Domi doesn't use UPSMON, and Python's missions don't use it either. JB, Sector and I use UPSMON (as far as I know, anyway), so probably not going to work testing the AI on any missions made by mission makers that use UPSMON.
                              As UPSMON doesn't alter the AI skill as such it rather alters the AIs behavioral pattern. The two are reported to work together well.

What does matter with ASR_AI is the severs Difficulty settings this is important !!!
                              The recommended setting for ASR_AI is skillEnemy=0.75; once again this has to be done in the sever file with the extension ARMA2OAPROFILE FILE not the server.cfg . (i read a post by a bis dev somewhere that altering the Skillenemy via the server.cfg does not alter the Skillenemy it has to be done in the servers ARMA2OAPROFILE FILE)

Any skills set in the editor will be over written by ASR_AI

ASR_AI alters every type of AIs skill some are better than default AI and some are dumber. an example would be. Taki locals are not as good as Taki army and Taki army are not as good as Russians - Russian riffle men are not as good as Russian snipers

1 days testing wont show much in results really 1 weeks testing might.

Here is the forum post on ASR_AI skills its a long read but has some good info that might help answer some questions

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...ghlight=asr_AI

Anything pre 1.60 patch is pritty irrelevant now in that thread.
                              The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X