No time to game

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No time to game

First you have to launch 2 games simultaneously to play. But that is only the beginning. Do you have the right mod set for the server? Do you have the latest revisions? Why do all your servers show a red X? Check mods, check the patch, edit your registry, still doesnít work, run six, re-check your mod line, all wrong, delete and reinstall, battleye kick, wtf, another new update to something, vanilla v mod fight on forums, vanilla v mod fight on TS, vanilla v mod fight in local bar, worked yesterday, dang itís a steam issue, new beta patch, woops it has error, check dev heaven, get help on TS, ask admin for help, post in forums, I tried that dummy, go to BIS forums, go to armaholic, become an alcoholic, so many things to do donít have time to gameÖoh well perhaps tomorrow.

Lol. Did you write that for open mic night down at the poetry club? It's very classy :)

Hope you get more gaming in on your next attempt!

Sent via Crapatalk 2. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Re: No time to game

That type of experience is exactly why I stopped playing ArmA.

TG-18th 18th SF Operational Detachment Delta

If you're playing the game, be in the correct TeamSpeak Channel.

Comment

Same here

sent from the phone using magic
        doYouEvenLuftwaffe

Comment

you forgot spend 1hr typing poetry
          The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

We never said it was easy or quick. Players that start playing ArmA know what they could be getting themselves into. We try to keep Alpha as clean as possible but sometimes it doesn't work out like we had hoped.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Oh, also: that type of experience is exactly why I play arma... ;)

Sent via Crapatalk 2. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Well alot of the past headaches of finding the right mod set and updating them has all been pretty well resolved with the system of organizing and managing the severs mod sets with the use of SixUpdater. You simply acquire the servers YML thru Sixupdater's list of communities. The update process has also been streamlined by only changing the files that need to be updated. What use to take an hour for the Bravo mod set, now only takes a few minutes for updates. It has been brought from a total reloading of mod set to a simple update of the mod set. This process also allows the Admin team to update the server in a time frame satisfactory to all.

For those that haven't used or try Sixupdater you will have alot of headaches as a result of technical tusami's with Arma2, I had them too.

Sixupdater is also a good launcher for any Vanilla servers, it's not just for modded servers.

@Spyder228 - you can come back home now, we have cable and indoor plumbing. lol
                Last edited by SARGE; 05-03-2012, 12:46 PM.

Comment

A couple days ago we had a player who hadn’t been on for awhile and was trying to get on Alpha. He had got six and downloaded everything for Alpha and Bravo, or so he claimed, but obviously didn’t have something right. So another player and I stopped what we were doing and tried to get him set up so he could get on Alpha to no avail. Unk was in the Arma Admin channel so I asked him to help. He moved the guy from the Alpha channel to an empty one and spent 15 or 20 minutes with him, I assume trying to get him sorted for both alpha and bravo servers. Then with everything apparently working the guy comes back to Alpha and we are all saying how easy it is when someone like Unk is around to help. Then the poor guy logs into the game and immediately gets kicked by battleye. He didn’t say another thing and we didn’t get a chance as he just left TS. If he has calmed down enough to come back I haven’t seen him.

Don’t we have the expertise around here to have all this downloading completed like any other game mods such as PR:ArmA and have a couple little icons appear on the desktop, one marked alpha and one bravo? This is just a question…I know we have some really smart cookies around here.

BTW did anyone notice the similarity between Dredge and AI in game or is it just me?

Comment

Then the poor guy logs into the game and immediately gets kicked by battleye.
                    And that was the final step of his set up as his BE client updated and had to shut down to apply the patch. Just rejoin and go. What shame.
                    |TG-189th| Unkl
                    ArmA 3 Game Officer
                    Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                    189th Infantry Brigade Member
                    SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                    "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I am finding myself on 7cav purely vanilla server when I have small time to play. I feel Zap's poetry.

Comment

We will look at removing all the Alpha content in order to make it even easier. If we do go this route we will remove battle eye too. This wont allow us to admin the game unless we are actually in playing, but will make it easier for everyone to join.

[unit][squadl][command2]

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Comment

Just out of curiosity, could removing battle eye from bravo server stop that "corrupted memory error" from coming up all the time? If yes, then I strongly suggest that its done. I tried to get a friend on bravo last night and after 25 min of getting his 6 all set up (the dummy has like 6 hard drives...) he got kicked for corrupted memory error immediately.
                          sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

No. That error is because he wasn't running the beta

[unit][squadl][command2]

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X