RQ-11 Raven A - mod

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RQ-11 Raven A - mod

The RQ-11 Raven A is a a lightweight unmanned aircraft system designed for rapid deployment and high mobility for military applications, requiring low-altitude surveillance and reconnaissance intelligence.

The Raven can be operated manually or programmed for autonomous operation, utilizing the system's advanced avionics and precise GPS navigation. With a wingspan of 4.5 feet and a weight of 4.2 pounds, the hand-launched Raven provides aerial observation, day or night, at line-of-sight ranges up to 10 kilometers. The Raven delivers real-time color or infrared imagery to the ground control and remote viewing stations.
    Following the recent additions to TGmaps, we think that this would fill a much requested role, tactical airborne reconnaissance.

You can find more information about it here.

So what do you all think?
    Yes, of course, it is great!
    92.00%
    No, I see no need for it.
    8.00%

The poll is expired.

- - -

Re: RQ-11 Raven A - mod

Been testing this mod quite thoroughly myself. So far things are good. Came into a few bugs in testing, most of them are just aesthetic.
    • Sounds are played locally only (aesthetic)
    • Flight is choppy looking for other players, appears smooth to the player who launched it (aesthetic)
    • Only OA units can pick up the bag (Fixable using http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14823)
    • Have to use addBackpack as the backpack is not a 'weapon' so to speak, it uses OA Backpack settings.(Not a bug)

My vote goes to yes as despite this little things, it is still a fantastic asset to have.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Originally posted by WarFairy View Post
      Following the recent additions to TGmaps, we think that this would fill a much requested role, tactical airborne reconnaissance.

You can find more information about it here.

So what do you all think?
      I was just looking for something like this for a mission. Very cool and adds a new play dynamic, which is always a good thing!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

I helped test this with BP and I give this a yes vote.

Comment

Voted.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

TGs got talent.

My vote is a YES

Thats 4 yeses your through to boot camp congratulations :)
            The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Sound's pretty cool. I say yes.

Comment

14 to 0. Didn't figure much else. No one want's to say, "I don't wanna see it until I can hear it". lol

It's got such a cool animation too, mission makers still have to add the backpack to missions so if this is going to go we'd like to get them good notice to include this in their missions. Vote up peeps.
                |TG-189th| Unkl
                ArmA 3 Game Officer
                "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

Is this really the best mod we could add, I mean the UAVs in game now have been used in a total of 1 mission I know of since Arma2 was released over 2 years ago, and it wasn't even that useful there. No one even uses Hunt IR anymore. I see it getting used in a few mission right after its added then forgotten forever.

Comment

I use Hunt IR quite a bit.

I voted yes.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

Why so negative Tralic...? Its a mod that has use and isn't JUST aesthetic. It was something that was brought to the admins attention and was considered a welcome addition if the community deemed it to be as well.

HuntIR tends to not be used a ton because it isn't very controllable. Large scale UAVs such as the RQ-9 Reaper aren't used much because they tend to be impractical and seem to over do it. The RQ-11 Raven would be used quite a bit in my opinion, I'd implement in a ton of my missions. I personally, as a mission commander, would love to use this instead of say a recon team since it can get to its objective faster, has a lot less chance of alerting the enemy, and doesn't have the temptation of opening fire on what its observing. HuntIRs are good for close range recon (such as over buildings or across streets, etc. but the RQ-11 would allow for long range recon.
                      Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                      Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Originally posted by tralicrifleman View Post
                        No one even uses Hunt IR anymore.
                        This made me lol slightly.

Comment

19 vs 0

Someone has to give this landslide a little credibility. C'mon, someone vote no. Look, we admins won't give you want you want unless you all play ball, got it? We don't know what playing ball is like, because we play ArmA...but if we did, you'd have a heck of a game. We'll consider this in the back room & get back to you....we're watching.

(special note: sarcasm is difficult to detect in text...translation: "Your admins will be happy to add your eye in the sky very soon. Takes a little work, hang on.")
                          |TG-189th| Unkl
                          ArmA 3 Game Officer

Comment

Originally posted by tralicrifleman View Post
                            Is this really the best mod we could add, I mean the UAVs in game now have been used in a total of 1 mission I know of since Arma2 was released over 2 years ago, and it wasn't even that useful there. No one even uses Hunt IR anymore. I see it getting used in a few mission right after its added then forgotten forever.

Well maybe we'd use the UAV if it wasnt for the fact that it was broken. The two seater UAV has a "pilot" and a "gunner" but the hellfire missiles dont track on the laser designator. So basically, its a big, 2 seater RQ-11 Raven. Takes up two players for nothing when one player can just use the RQ-11 on and off when necessary.

A mission maker can put it in any mission and its up to the players to decide when and how its used.

Not to forget the fact that the hunt IR is a piece of crap compared to the RQ-11. It goes up for about 30 seconds them comes straight back down again.
                            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

I voted no just because I can. I'm not really for or against this but since there is a lack of discussion I'm gonna give my opinion.

Pros:
                              -Looks sweet
                              -Could get more maps made

Cons:
                              -ACE is probably going to break it within the next few months and the mission using it will never get updated to be fixed.
                              -Seems like this will waste time since everyone is going to have to stop (depending on mission) and wait for the pilot to send it up and get it to the AO.

Video can be found here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwJ7...eature=related

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X