How to use the tank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to use the tank

I was curious, is it possible to range or change the sights on the tank so i don't have to aim at the sky in order to hit anything?
    |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: How to use the tank

Page up, page down button
    |TG-73rd|Socomseal
    |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

If you are on Bravo/using ACE:

Hit Tab to turn on the FCS (Fire Control System).
      Wait until it turns on (usually 2 seconds? You'll see the range in red at the bottom, should say 0000).
      Hit Tab again to LASE (or scroll-wheel, LASE) and you will see the range in red.
      The sights should now be zeroed in.

You can also, after turning the system on, select BSGT for Battlesight. That quickly sets a close/medium-ish range.

Copied from the ACE Site:
      Code:
      Powering the system up

To initiate the fire control system, press the Lase key (default Tab). The system will boot up, and you'll see '0000' on the digital range display at the bottom of your screen.

To the left of the four digits there is a 'Ready' indicator. When it's visible, the laser rangefinder is ready for use. After each lasing, the indicator will disappear for the time needed for the laser to cool down, and reappear once it's ready again.

Engaging a static target

Place the crosshair over the target and press the Lase key. Range will be shown on the display, and the armament will be set for the needed elevation.

Shoot.

Note that elevation for given range is calculated for both main gun and the coaxial machinegun. It is also calculated for each kind of ammo. This means you don't have to re-lase when you switch to another weapon or change the ammo type - the needed elevation will be applied automatically.

Engaging a moving target

Smoothly track the target with the crosshair for at least 1.5 seconds, and press the Lase key. Range will be shown on the display, and the armament will be set for the needed elevation and lead.

Maintain the crosshair on the target and shoot.

The lead correction will be cancelled ('dumped') automatically once you stop moving the turret or start moving it in the opposite direction. You can also use the Dump action or key (default K) to cancel lead.

Switching to Battle Sight mode

Battle sight mode is used when targets are likely to appear suddenly at close to medium ranges and there might be no time for proper lasing procedures. In this mode the armament is set to the battle sight range, ensuring the maximum first hit probability in such conditions.

To switch to Battle Sight mode, select the BSGT action or press the Battlesight key (default B).

Lasing limitations

If you lase a target that is beyond the rangefinder limits (too close or too far), the display will show flashing '0000'. Armament will be set to the minimum or maximum range accordingly.

If the target is within the rangefinder limits, but beyond the maximum range of currently selected weapon, the display will flash. The weapon will be automatically set for its maximum range.

Minimum ranges:

T-90, T-72BA, BMP-3, M1A1, M1A2 = 200 m

T-72A, T-72B = 400 m

Vehicle commander rangefinder

Commander can lase for distance in much the same way the gunner does. To initiate the LRF, press the Lase key. To lase, press the Lase key. (Note: This will not adjust commander's machinegun. It's just a rangefinder.)

Switching the system off

When the FCS is not needed, you can turn it off by selecting 'FCS OFF' in action menu.
      Last edited by Siantis; 05-08-2012, 05:51 PM.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

Tanks are also good at landscaping. No-one wanted those walls and trees anyway.

Pepper

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Comment

Well this is good to know, now i won't suck so bad in the tanks. Thank you.
          |TG-6th|SirNerd

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Comment

If you are going to be spending time in tanks and if you have a joystick, I suggest you bind your turret movement keys to your joystick because its alot easier to move it around. Usually you have to move your mouse to the side, pick it up and bring it back over to push it to the side again. With the joystick you just use the twist to make it go side to side. Works great for me
            sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
            X