No announcement yet.

M109A4 Paladin

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M109A4 Paladin

Anyone thought about it? Its loads of cool and quite useful. (not to mention realistic)

Re: M109A4 Paladin

I've taken a pretty good look at it. It would allow for realistic indirect fire support that didn't require someone to be explicitly trained in the system (like ACE Artillery). A lot of it is pretty straight forward, but it still takes some practice to get used to.
    Blackpython / ZephyrDark
    Former 31st RECCE Member

I like the ACE artillery but I also like the idea of not having to need the training too. Plus, being able to move these around opens up some interesting counter battery type missions. is interesting anywho.
      |TG-189th| Unkl
      TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
      Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
      "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
      "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

I haven't tested the ACE Artillery so far... much too complicated for me xD

But I have tested the Paladin (online).
        Its a very awesome, effective and easy to use Weapon System.
        Usually you have a 3-men Team to operate it:
        Gunner, Commander and a Loader.
        The Commander receives the Fire Orders on the Radio (6 or 8-digit Grid, Elevation, what kind of Ammo etc) notes them down and starts calculating with the Computer System (which is every easy to use, but looks very cool). He then moves the Turret automatically into the right position, by pressing a button on his Computer Interface. The Gunner selects the rounds, which the Loader loads into the vehicle (as Gear I think). The Gunner selects the different settings, which he gets from the Commander, and then he loads the round and makes it ready (there are a few settings to select). Only the Gunner can fire the weapon, and he has a little red "FIRE" Button on the Buttom right, which starts flashing of the gun is ready.
        Also, you can drive the Paladin around (Commander has a Button, which makes the turrent getting "paranted" to a clamp at the front, because its pretty long and heavy), and as far as I know it is possible to fire (accurate) while moving!

Its pretty useful and I would love to see it in Missions!

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed