Command methods

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command methods

I have drawn some conclusions about the way missions are being commanded by most of the players in-game. I don't want to say that these are proven working methods, I rarely CO myself. These are just my ideas on the matter. I put them into a video to better explain them. I know noone wants a wall of text.

I'm not sure if this is the right place to put this. I figured it didn't fit well in the other categories, and I want the thread mostly to discuss the topic, and to hear what people think of my opinions. I mostly want to hear how I'm wrong though.. so fire away.

Also, I'm not referring to games thrown together with JIP's, I'm referring to the games planned with pre-game rosters filled out properly.

To be honest, I'm a little bit scared to post this... But I'm in a "go for it" mood so whatever. Thanks for watching / replying at least!

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Re: Command methods

Nice video Toptonic!
    Yeah,the avatar is supposed to be like that :D

Comment

Good job.

In whole, Butler's points are valid. I would add that in my experiences here, this would be more typical of smaller lots -- where, while occupying the "CO" slot, he/she is acting more like an SL and would natually have more direct interaction with the smaller group, say 2 outfitted fireteams.

When we have a command element, 2+ squad leads each with 1+ fireteams, and a transport, overwatch, and/or CAS support, the CO complication depicted really isn't as drastic of an issue because the SLs handle the commander's "intent" -- executing autonomously and coordinating their fireteams according to the progressing situation. Then/if/when SHTF, the CO/RTO is involved so that his 10k ft view is updated accordingly. You will also realize inter-squad comms coordinating autonomously as well (assuming mature SLs are involved).

Regardless of all, a good take-away would be for those wanting to practice their CO skills... start will small groups and make a best effort to express intent clearly during briefing and then go hands-off as much as possible. Let your leads execute their role.

Really it all boils down to effective use of short, concise, pertinent communications. :)
      sigpic
      I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Originally posted by Riyker View Post
        Really it all boils down to effective use of short, concise, pertinent communications. :)
        Pretty much. I just feel like the over all experience isn't realistic because SL's aren't stepping upto the plate and the CO is forced to take full control, or the CO takes full control and the SL's don't have much choice but to wait for new orders every few minutes.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
        X