Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Voice your opinions! TvT Event planning and rules!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Voice your opinions! TvT Event planning and rules!

I will begin to plan and run regular TvT events (along side my coop events, for those who still want them). How they are run is being hashed out. Please, voice your opinions! We want everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves. To accomplish this, we have set some framework for these types of events.

Overview:
    - 3 TvT missions
    - 2 Pre-planned with designated COs
    - All missions specified ahead of time
    - 16 player Threshold
    - Sign up recommended but NOT mandatory to allow people to filter in and out as they have time to play
    - locking server during missions, unlocked between to allow new players in to help lag
    - Cap each mission total play time to 1 hour MAX, Set briefing to 5 mins MAX
    - Once map list is completed, event is over and population can control if want to continue TvT or coop.

Planning on 3 games per events, should be around 3-4 event total.

Two of the missions will be pre-planned with COs designated. People who wish to slot for certain things for certain missions can do so in the sign up thread.

There will be a 16 player threshold. This is to ensure the event has enough players to keep the fun of TvT alive. If only 8 players are on, the TvT aspect really is not there. If we fall below 16 players in the middle of the event, the remaining maps will not be played and it will go back to coop.

Sign up will be recommended BUT NOT REQUIRED. People who don't want to commit to a full 4-5 hour event will enjoy these more. You can jump in and out between missions and this will allow people to play one or two then leave if they want to. No feeling like if you leave you are letting your team down. Teams are reselected before every mission.

I think the rest speaks for itself.

Thoughts, Comments, Concerns?

Re: Voice your opinions! TvT Event planning and rules!

Thoughts
    TvT is bad.
    Comments
    I like the idea of trying to keep the maps full, but people have zero patience. As a side note I can't find the supposed rule that says 'if the server is full and people are waiting the round must be wrapped up'.
    Concerns
    People who hate TvT (such as myself) won't show up. But by all means do the event if it will fill.

Comment

Originally posted by zebra.actual View Post

TvT is bad.

I like the idea of trying to keep the maps full, but people have zero patience. As a side note I can't find the supposed rule that says 'if the server is full and people are waiting the round must be wrapped up'.

People who hate TvT (such as myself) won't show up. But by all means do the event if it will fill.
      Well, if not a lot of people show up, then we wont have a full server =p

Back on topic, would it be fair to suggest an expect new launch game time every 1 hour and 15 mins? To give people an idea when the new mission will start?

Comment

Originally posted by Sector_15504 View Post
        Back on topic, would it be fair to suggest an expect new launch game time every 1 hour and 15 mins? To give people an idea when the new mission will start?
        One would expect so. 15 minutes for brief/afk/in-game setup timers and an hour of gametime.

Comment

Originally posted by zebra.actual View Post
          One would expect so. 15 minutes for brief/afk/in-game setup timers and an hour of gametime.
          Noted.

Comment

I really like how dynamic it is, as far as player count and such.

I was thinking that maybe the first TVT would be sign up only, with the rest after that being come/leave as you please. Just seems like you'll get better game play out of that, at least for one mission.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

All sounds good to me

Sent via Crapatalk 2. Please excuse the typos.

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Toptonic - Butler View Post
                I really like how dynamic it is, as far as player count and such.

I was thinking that maybe the first TVT would be sign up only, with the rest after that being come/leave as you please. Just seems like you'll get better game play out of that, at least for one mission.
                People who sign up get priority, and then we open the gates to the rest =)

Comment

I think it would be fun. Though I'm not sure how many people you would get to play. It seems like every time someone says "Hey, we could play TvT" A whole 15 player server clears out.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
                    I think it would be fun. Though I'm not sure how many people you would get to play. It seems like every time someone says "Hey, we could play TvT" A whole 15 player server clears out.
                    Wont know until we try.

Comment

Can we try separate ts channels please?

[Spartan 9]

Comment

Originally posted by Balfa View Post
                        Can we try separate ts channels please?

I think it may be worth a shot. We can figure that out day of.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                        X