No announcement yet.

Give me a face

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Give me a face

I've never messed with the faces of ArmA, and i want to give myself a face for Dayz so that people can more easily identify me. How do i go about altering my characters skin and face. Will these changes carry over into ACE as well without a problem.

My Resume includes Pirate, Mercenary, and a Devil Dog, what else do you want.

Pain is Inevitable, Suffering is Optional.

When you can't run anymore, you crawl and when you can't do that, you find someone to carry you.

Re: Give me a face

There is a face pack you can download, but the only trouble is finding the server that will allow it. Some wont because of its size or whathaveyou.

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

Needs to be the ArmA texture file thingy, rather than a jpg or whatever. Or at least, it's easier if it is.

"If you find yourself in a fair fight, you didn't plan your mission properly." David Hackworth

Currently our max custom face file size is = 0. It has been so for the 2 years I've been playing ArmA here my assumption is that its for good reason. I'm sure there are lots of good and bad that could be done with custom files.
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
        Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
        "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
        "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

He's talkin about the DayZ servers Unk ;)

KnyghtMare ~You could always tell the person holding the gun to your head you would like to play on a different server...

you make a JPG like this for example
            which is one by whitman that I altered for myself.

It then goes in your Documents/ARMA2 folder
            Ya then select the custom face in ya profile.

But like stated above the server needs to allow custom files.
            Problem with that is it also allows custom sounds at the same time which can be very very annoying

you can also do this ..

Open the "Yourname.ArmA2Profile" in Documents/ARMA2 folder and look almost at the bottom where it looks like this:

class Identity

Every face has a set of six camo faces that dont show in the profile selections ingame.

So what ya do is select the face ya want
            then check your cfg and find the faces number

for example Face01
            would be Face01_camo1 or Face02_camo1 etc etc

six types of camo

There was an easy to use list I found once but i cant find it now

If i rember right you can use the OA faces as follows face01_ep1 would be face01_camo1_ep1 or something like that :)

Hope this helped :)

The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed