Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Iron Front: Liberation 1944

While googling arma related thing i came across this. I have never heard about it before today, it called Iron Front. Anyways it looks fun, if anyone would want to take the chance.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEeRR...eature=related
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
    St. John 15:13

Re: Iron Front: Liberation 1944

Looks pretty sick. Doesnt look a whole lot different than the I44 mod though...hard to tell with just a video though. If its free Ill definitely check it out.
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Wow, that does look really good. Could be awesome, for sure.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Looks like this is the only place to buy it as of now.

https://store.bistudio.com/iron-front
        Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
        St. John 15:13

Comment

To be honest, I don't think alot of works gone in it. Armour is meant to have had lots of work in it, but i would have liked 3d cockpits for it. The sounds are like their sound team consists of an empty tin can, and a wooden spoon. But maybe the PVP will be good? But I am not hopeful.

Originally posted by racinfootball View Post
          Looks like this is the only place to buy it as of now.

https://store.bistudio.com/iron-front
          They said that it will be available on steam shortly, properly after the 25th of may. having said that, i think buying from BI's store is better, since your be supporting bi directly.

Comment

Just bought it and you can say "Oh who cares its just I44 that cost money" but its the other side of Europe so I will personally troll whoever says such blasphemes. And my god paul. If you expectation were any higher, you would want it to be real life. No other game has made a 3D cockpit outside of scripted cutscenes and you expect this tiny dev team to do it? Is deflecting rounds, accurate deflection for slopes and angles, variable penetration, killable driver with a penetrated round, high quality range tables, multiple fire outbreaks in the driver compartment, turret, and engine compartment, turrets able to be blown off the tank, and a 122mm cannon not do it for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenhold IV View Post
              Just bought it and you can say "Oh who cares its just I44 that cost money" but its the other side of Europe so I will personally troll whoever says such blasphemes. And my god paul. If you expectation were any higher, you would want it to be real life. No other game has made a 3D cockpit outside of scripted cutscenes and you expect this tiny dev team to do it? Is deflecting rounds, accurate deflection for slopes and angles, variable penetration, killable driver with a penetrated round, high quality range tables, multiple fire outbreaks in the driver compartment, turret, and engine compartment, turrets able to be blown off the tank, and a 122mm cannon not do it for you?
              RO2 had 3d cockpits

sigpic

Comment

Whats that? Russian Officer 2?

Comment

Whats that? Russian Officer 2?
                  lol. Red Orchestra 2.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Some of ArmA 2 have a 3d interior.

Comment

I decided to purchase this game, because, I like WW2 and I like ArmA2. So far, so good. The level of detail in this game is incredible. Every building I have come across, is enterable. The maps look very well thought out, and they even have micro terrain.

The tanking, is very different from ArmA2 tanking. I am hugely fond of tank combat, and this game suits my needs. The infantry combat is just as good as the tanking. Most multiplayer missions are essentially AAS/A&D game modes from ArmA2. They could be a bit more teamwork intensive, but they are not bad at all. There is also a mission editor, which means that the AAS in game could be improved. And new coop scenarios could be created.

All in all, this game was worth the $25 purchase price. It reminds me a lot of Red Orchestra 1, except with an even larger scale, and better graphics.
                      |TG-73rd|Socomseal
                      |TG-73rd Member| Former TG Irregular ArmA Platoon Leader| Former TG ArmA Admin XO| TG Pathfinder - Spartan 1 |TGU ArmA Instructor |Former TG-18th Member| |Former TG-1st Member|

"Its easy to argue about issues from afar. But until you have experienced the issue first hand, you have not seen all the facts."

Carver you will be cut off for a long time before reinforcements can reach you "I am the reinforcements the main force is only coming to bring me body bags and to clean up the mess Im about to make" - General Carver

Comment

Originally posted by Toptonic - Butler View Post
                        lol. Red Orchestra 2.
                        This has 3D tank interiors? Forget Iron Front! I'm gunna play his game!!!!

Comment

This has 3D tank interiors? Forget Iron Front! I'm gunna play his game!!!!
                          Its mostly infantry combat though. Only 1 or 2 armour maps.

Comment

I played it, It's a Russian game built on the Arma engine that leaves a lot to be desired. Perhaps it might be better in multiplayer but not enough for me to buy it. I think the free I 1944 mod plays and looks just as good .

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                            X