Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [INFO] ARMA: TGU time line and availability

Hello all,

I will be using this thread to announce courses requested and available in the coming future.

We have a separate forum but in the interim, please post it here and in the Class request section in the TGU forum.
    I know it's silly but bear with me.

For the time being, please post which course or courses that you would like to participate on/interested in.

Any other posts not pertaining to the topic will be deleted. To keep it clutter free.

Also please state which day of the week and time (UTC).

Sent from my phone
    Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 05-23-2012, 08:39 PM.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Re: ARMA: TGU time line and availability

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure I'm following. It could be the lack of sleep achieved from time spent playing on BRAVO last night though. Could you clarify what you are looking for in this thread?
    Read thread #11,12.
    Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 06-06-2012, 03:16 PM. Reason: Administrative

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

I would be interested in;

Basic Infantry Course
      "Advanced" Infantry Course (If you have something like that :D)
      Squad Leader Course
      Convoy Course

Time:

I live in Germany, so the time difference could be a problem. I personally would prefer weekend (Friday, Saturday), because there I have alot of time.
      Time should not be later than 2200CET at Monday-Thursday and Sunday. Doesn't matter at weekend...

Comment

Tank Commander's Course by any chance?
        Few if any in TG have any idea how to properly and tactically employ tanks in support of infantry or against other tanks. You probably should talk about hedgerows a little in light of the coming I44 events (which occur in hedgerow country).
        Read thread # 11,12.
        Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 06-06-2012, 03:16 PM. Reason: Administrative

Comment

I'd be up for putting together a FIST class , and a Mortar Team class if the community would like it.
          Read thread #11,12.
          Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 06-06-2012, 03:17 PM. Reason: Administrative

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenhold IV View Post
            Tank Commander's Course by any chance?
            Few if any in TG have any idea how to properly and tactically employ tanks in support of infantry or against other tanks. You probably should talk about hedgerows a little in light of the coming I44 events (which occur in hedgerow country).
            you're obsessed.

But all in all, I want to see a lesson on all ACE Map's and such, probably throw in a mini Land-Nav course into that.

Overall, noone really knows how to use ace map tools correctly or efficiently.
            Read thread #11,12.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

I personally would like to have Basic courses, since some poeple don't really know squad movement and proper comms etc.
              Maybe we should get some kind of "ribbons" for courses, and you need a certain course to make the next one.
              For example, you can't do a Commander Training without having Basic Infantry courses etc.
              Read thread #11,12.

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                I personally would like to have Basic courses, since some poeple don't really know squad movement and proper comms etc.
                Maybe we should get some kind of "ribbons" for courses, and you need a certain course to make the next one.
                For example, you can't do a Commander Training without having Basic Infantry courses etc.
                I like this. Organize it so you move up in course difficulty and can master each course one at a time, until you have completed them all. Even a single ribbon with a set of stripes to show what courses you have taken, 8 stripes for the eight courses, or however it may be.

You could do simple badges too, one for each course level.
                Read thread #11,12.
                Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 06-06-2012, 03:18 PM. Reason: Administrative

Comment

Yeah, comming last time commanders dont know how to use weapons, not only items, most dont know difference between m2 and m4 slam.. How they take CO and dont know power and fire range of squad?!
                  It could be nice to have a training camp with teleport/traveling from point to point to training GL, AT, sniper pos, mortar, other stuff with instructions for each point in hints/tasks/briefing..

Sry 4 my Engl..
                  Read thread #11,12.
                  Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 06-06-2012, 03:19 PM. Reason: Adminstrative

Comment

Yea, I have to say I am guilty of this at times.

I have a limited knowledge base on ordinance, especially indirect fire. Usually when I am in a command position I rely on pro's like you Chichco to advise me on what is best.

I think a good way to organize it (and don't let me do your job, I'm mostly thinking out loud) would be to organize lessons based on knowledge type.

For example, you have ordinance training vs. tactics training, or game-specific things such as ACRE usage and Map usage.

Really, there are so many ways to go about it.
                    Read thread #11,12.
                    Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 06-06-2012, 03:19 PM. Reason: Administrative

Comment

This post will be edited.

Sent from my phone

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                        I would be interested in;

Basic Infantry Course
                        "Advanced" Infantry Course (If you have something like that :D)
                        Squad Leader Course
                        Convoy Course

Time:

I live in Germany, so the time difference could be a problem. I personally would prefer weekend (Friday, Saturday), because there I have alot of time.
                        Time should not be later than 2200CET at Monday-Thursday and Sunday. Doesn't matter at weekend...
                        As stated in the original post.

I expect post such as Andy's. Any other comments, etc will be deleted. For administration* purposes.

*Meaning clutter free, so I can help you better. Than shifting through bull s??? as some posted above.

Comment

A rolling stone gathers no moss

Thank you Chichco.
                          Last edited by LowSpeedHighDrag; 06-06-2012, 03:21 PM. Reason: Administrative

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                          X