ARMA 3 E3 Preview

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMA 3 E3 Preview

This is starting to look REALLY good. I particularly like the muzzle flashes.
    Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends
    St. John 15:13

Re: ARMA 3 E3 Preview

Great find racinfootball.

Comment

When is this released again? lol.

Seriously though, It looks great. I just hope we get the same game play quality as we do with ACE. Those will be my two hopes - visuals and realistic, quality, game play.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

4:25 it talks about fatigue and encumbrance. there might be other ace features also
        Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends

Comment

The ACE team has hinted an ACE3 mod for A3.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
          "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

The muzzle flashes look sweet

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by vayhekhuag
              Originally posted by Atatron View Post
              well then.

However, I do tend to agree.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Yeah...it "looks" great. But unfortunately, I fear that's going to be just about it ... how it "looks" ... no improvements to the biggest issues -- core movement/interaction mechanics. :(
                sigpic
                I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Now that looks like a properly made game! Hopefully it turns out that way :)

Comment

I hope to see some vast improvements on weapons attachment capabilities. Such as making them completely separate from the base weapon itself.

Comment

Originally posted by Riyker View Post
                      Yeah...it "looks" great. But unfortunately, I fear that's going to be just about it ... how it "looks" ... no improvements to the biggest issues -- core movement/interaction mechanics. :(
                      thats where the modders will have to pick up sadly

Comment

They have what appears to be a fairly nice advancement in their Characters fire positions (e.g. high-crouch, low crouch etc.). it will be interesting to see how the devs will implement this into to key configs. It looks like they have some way to go in their Phys-x development, but hopefully by 2013 it will be awesome! I'm pumped for this.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                        "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Originally posted by Toptonic - Butler View Post
                          I hope to see some vast improvements on weapons attachment capabilities. Such as making them completely separate from the base weapon itself.
                          So do I. In view of the modular nature of the weapons as regards scopes, I've seen a video of the player attaching and removing various scopes its looking hopeful.

I also hope they have some current gen weapons as I dislike some of the water pistol/nerf gun future weapons 'Future Warfighter' type games tend to favour, butt ugly plastic failed prototype bull pups lol. Really, give me a modular M416/7 with some rails and I'm good, I don't need ergo lazor rifle looking nonsense.

Comment

The environments look a lot nicer than they are now - much more integrated and realistic looking detailed terrains around the buildings. Some Arma buildings, esp in Chernarus, look like some kid just plopped some prefab buildings in the middle of a field. Buildings also look a lot more detailed in some of the other videos.

I hope that they drastically improve CQB and navigating inside buildings - no more stuttering when you try to turn a corner with your gun.

Interaction menu would be the other big thing I'd like to see improved. Getting really tired of missing your target by pixels while trying to scroll-wheel interact.

Otherwise, I'm pretty happy with Arma 2 still. Are you guys that excited about Arma 3?
                            "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."
                            -Einstein

Comment

Looks like the showcases are going to be popping up on the arma youtube channel.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X