No announcement yet.

[REQUEST] SMK Animations v0.25

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [REQUEST] SMK Animations v0.25

I just found a mod called "SMK Animations v0.25".
    This mod is a "CG animation replacement/enhancement pack" for ArmA 2.
    Its mainly designed for TvT, but should also work in SP or regular MP.

It adds alot of new costum animations to the game, which brings alot of new and more realistic tactical possibilities. Also it just looks awesome =)
    For example you have different "take cover" animations, you can do the "back-to-wall" stuff (like in some FPS-Games), you can climb over high walls (like the ones around compounds in Takistan), you can look around corners, you can do blind fire around corners/above objects, and you have several prone animatiosn and movements (like side-way-shooting when proning, different moves etc).
    These animations look very professional and realistic.

All these animations can be triggered manually. You can choose at which position you want to do which animation. They are NOT automatically triggered.

Be advised, I have NOT tested it yet.
    But from what I see from videos, I think it looks very nice.
    It adds very realistic animations, and makes the game look more realistic, because your character can perform alot more animations in different ways. This could maybe add some more "life" to the player-models/character.
    And of course, as said before, it adds alot new tactical possibilities.

What do you guys think about this mod?
    Have you already tested it?
    Would you like to see it on the server?
    Could we test it on the test-server or something?

Re: [REQUEST] SMK Animations v0.25

Thanks Andy but we all looked at this before several months ago.

It is a cool mod, but has its 'features' that may cause unintended results. I like it, but last I checked 4 mo. or so ago, it wasn't quite ready for primetime IMO.
      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

It does add a lot if cool features, some that are buggy from last reports. And a gazillion new key binds so im told. I was really impressed with it at first then not si much as i weighed the pros n cons.

Not sure how much ir has changed.

The phn keyboard is not my friend
        |TG-189th| Unkl
        TG PrimerArmA Game Officer189th Infantry Brigade Former Irregular
        Submit a Ribbon Nomination!
        "this is on par with groups you have to join to get the quality of gameplay and i really enjoyed it" - random dude
        "Remember when the threat has spotted you, smoke first then bring the explosive rounds to bear. When the threat has not spotted you its bang first and smoke after to extract." - Wicks

I feel like a select few of these could be useful, but only if everyone was forced to use them. I don't think the overflow of binds would be too much of a pain if you just set them to something simple. Such as SHIFT + S does one thing, while SHIFT + D does another, and likewise for all WASD keys. I wouldn't mind that, it's just an extra button. But then again that wouldn't work... walking is currently set to those.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Its good on maps where isnt enterable buildings (4 exmpl Cherno), coz 8 of 10 times ull die by walkin throw doors or down from stairs, when 2 guys encounter 1 of them die. Alot of bugs ATM an seems devs stoped fix it year ago.

-Are you gangsters?
            -No, we're Russians. "Brother 2"

Is this a client side mod? If so, I think TalkingBeerMug used to use it, before we limited which client-side mods were allowed. There were bizarre visual anomalies when he would do things with the animations, which we would see as totally different animations. Lots of teleporting onto the other side of walls, etc.
              "Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new."

Just to update the new joiners prior to the signature checks on our servers. What we have now.

The admin team realised that some of the client side addons; whether it be a sound mod or an addon. Caused the servers to perform in a less than optimal results. Not to mention hacking/cheating on the servers.

Hence we have decided to limit the usage of client side addons.

As always, our options are open. Provided it meets our demands and the players enjoyments.

On topic. The SMk addon is not really an addon that is not supported by the addon maker. As such, we have disabled it.

Sent from my phone

TGU Instructor Irregulars TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer
                "Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

I downloaded this yesterday and took a look at it. In conclusion, it looks pretty but is not practical what-so-ever. I only found a very small amount of binds actually worked.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Twitter Feed