Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

TG-Irr Arma2 ROTO14 Campaign & Invitation letter.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] TG-Irr Arma2 ROTO14 Campaign & Invitation letter.

************************************************** *************************
    Subject: TG-Irr Arma2 ROTO14 Campaign & Invitation letter.

To: ALL Arma 2 OA players at Tactical gamer

************************************************** *************************

I would like to invite you to participate in an experimental multi session campaign for Arma2.
    The concept is a campaign of 3 to 5 gaming sessions of about 2 to 3 hours each. The world will be
    semi-persistent and role-play will be involved. This will be a military simulation grade campaign
    and the idea is to bring you closer to the real thing. Those of you that are wanting the close
    to the real deal, you got it. Simulated of course.

The campaign will involve the following:

Role-play:
    By role-play we mean that you will always ‘play’ the same soldier during all game sessions. After
    filling a small information form, you will be handed a ‘soldier card’. This ‘soldier card’ will include
    a set of skills and qualification that your ‘soldier’ will have been trained for and/or acquired
    during his career. This is to give a ‘history’ to your soldier, as well as getting closer to reality.
    Even if you, the player, know how to fly an attack helicopter quite well, and if your soldier is an
    infantry medic, he doesn’t!

Realistic Theatre setting:
    The ‘world’ in which you will evolve will be very close to what soldiers experience in theatre.
    We will bring personal operational experiences to the table in an effort to bring players closer
    the real thing. We will pay attention to details.

Pre-Deployment Training:
    Like real soldiers do, you will have a PDT. In which you will practice and train all the infantry
    skills necessary for this campaign. Basic infantry operations, manoeuvres, patrol operations and
    convoy operations. This will also give you the opportunity to refresh your soldier skills along
    with your team.

Semi-persistent world:
    Mission makers (MM) will keep a close tab on assets and supplies. Previous missions will carry
    what is available for the next game session/operation. This means no unlimited ammo (you will
    have set ammo, unless requested prior) and fuel or re-spawning vehicles.
    If you crash the chopper
    you will be on foot.

Realistic Command:
    Those in a commanding position will have extra duties that will need to be carried outside the game.
    24 - 48 hours prior to the game session, they will be handed packages with orders, maps, briefing,
    intelligence, etc.
    This will give leaders ample time to plan routes, extraction points,
    submit questions or administrative demands up the COC to get transports or special equipments.
    They will have total freedom of action for mission planning but will be held accountable to a higher
    command (MM).

Dynamic and realistic missions:
    Game sessions will be controlled in-game by the MM and your actions (or lack of) will have an
    impact on the rest of the session. Unexpected events will arise as it does in real life and you
    will have to react accordingly.

What will be required from you!

Commitment:
    We spent an enormous amount of time on this project so we expect a HIGH LEVEL of commitment from
    the players. If you sign up, you will have to participate in every game session PERIOD. If you are
    not present for a session, your soldier will be considered on ‘sick leave’ and will not be played by
    someone else. Your position will remain empty.Think like WOW, nobody except you
    can play your Character. So if you are the only pilot, nobody will fly that chopper.

Don’t let your buddies down!

Preparation:
    You will receive your soldier card at least one week prior to the game session. It is your responsibility
    to master the skills that you will need during the campaign. That means knowing Arma2 OA keys,
    ACE and ACRE features well.
    Once in game, we won’t have the time to figure things out for you. Game
    sessions will already be pretty charged and we will not have to the time for excessive preparation/keyboard
    tweaks once in-game. We all have been in a major ArmA events where nothing happens in the first
    45 minutes…and it's a waste of everyone’s time. Soldiers in real life know their gear really well and
    their use become second nature and it should be the same for your keyboard. It also means that if
    you are responsible for a vehicle, you will need to know it inside out as it will be YOUR vehicle for
    the campaign (unless your commander says otherwise). So if you are not familiar with certain features
    of your gear/vehicle, practice on your own. The best players do it all the time.

Enthusiasm!
    We are looking for players who are military enthusiasts! As we will try to simulate the real thing, it won’t
    be only Bang Bang Pow Pow. There will be times when the pace will be slower and you will have to accomplish
    certain military duties (sentry, moving and building stuff etc) But I can guarantee, when the bullets starts
    flying, will need all your skills and brain matter to survive this. It will be challenging, but rewarding! (Mr. Ribbon!)

So, are you up to the task? If you think so, enlist by completing the form at:
    http://ratatomik.form2go.com/enlist.html

Don't forget to post ‘Form completed’ in this Thread when you are done!
    We will contact you via email/PM/forum with more information once the enlistment is done.

We have limited spots and the enlistment will end on the 25 of July or sooner if we have our numbers.
    First pre-deployment sessions will begin a few days after the end of the enlistment.
    The campaign will go on throughout the month of August/September.
    Expect 3 to 5 game sessions (including the PDT) spaced by one or two week each.

It as been decided that game sessions would be on SUNDAYS from 15:00h to 18:00h East Canada/Us
    As for now, the dates are :
    July 29
    August 05-12-19-29

TG-Irr Ratatomik,
    Mission Maker (MM)

I would like to thank LowSpeed and Unkl for their help, advices and assistance.
    Last edited by Unkl; 07-13-2012, 09:25 PM.
    sigpic

Dont be shy, add me on Steam by clicking the icon below.

Re: TG-Irr Arma2 ROTO14 Campaign & Invitation letter.

Yeah this sounds exciting. I am in. Filled out the form.

Comment

This sounds really, really, cool, but I'll need to know dates before I sign up.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
      "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Oh god I think I just pee'd myself a little. This sounds like it's gonna be really fun. I have 1 question though. What happens if we die? Like the medic doesn't get to us in time. Will the mission be no respawn? Will we be dead in the missions after that? If we respawn in the later missions, will our characters be reset with ammo? Oh and I filled out the form.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Noah View Post
          Oh god I think I just pee'd myself a little. This sounds like it's gonna be really fun. I have 1 question though. What happens if we die? Like the medic doesn't get to us in time. Will the mission be no respawn? Will we be dead in the missions after that? If we respawn in the later missions, will our characters be reset with ammo? Oh and I filled out the form.
          Hi! Thanks for your interest.

Since this is an experimental project, we will most likely adapt the 'rules' from session to session. But as for now, poor man's revive will probably be enable (to keep the players momentum as much as possible) and if you die you will respawn at base. Respawn time has not been decided yet (a couple minutes probably) and you will keep the same character. Changing character every time you die would be a logistical nightmare for us lol. But again, that might change before we start.

Shoomfie, i cannot give specific dates yet. However the PDT sessions will be be in groups of ten or less so depending on how many people we have, their is a little flexibility here.

Thank you.

-Rat
          sigpic

Comment

Hey man, thanks for throwing this together. I'm developing interest.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

This is the kind of event I have been waiting for!

*Form Completed*
              Blackpython / ZephyrDark
              Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Sigh, I'd LOVE to sign up, but I can not guarantee my availability for multiple dates this time of year. :(
                This whole thing sounds brilliant, and I wish you the best of luck. Hopefully it goes so well that it will be run again during the winter months.

"You have to go out, you don't have to come back."

Dredgeisms: "NO! GoNooowwwBARRELROLL!" - "There WILL be NO desync!"

Comment

I'd love to participate, but there are several trips for work that may or may not happen in the coming months.

Comment

So let me get this straight: You're trying to get a bunch of people signed up, and then, depending on the mission/availability, you'll assign certain characters to certain days? July-Mid August are super busy for me, so if this happens inside that frame of time I'll have to decline. But hopefully this turn out well for you guys, and we get to do it again this fall/winter!

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

Form Completed

However, like others above, a 100% commitment is conditional on knowing what the dates will be so as to balance real-life schedules.

BTW, since these are small shorter missions, I would suggest making these occur on a weeknights vs. the weekends so as to maximize your potential for commitments.

Further, you may want to consider just defining the day(s) (eg. Tuesday night) for the event now and then nail those days down to actual dates later when things get more aligned on your end.
                      sigpic
                      I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

This sounds like a really great idea. A couple questions though; 1, How will player death be handled and 2, if a player using an asset (Air or Armour) is unable to attend would it not be possible to have someone else who isn't already assigned fill in for them? I'm sure in a real life situation vital assets like this would have back-up crew members, so drawing up a list of reserves might be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by Riyker View Post
                          Form Completed

However, like others above, a 100% commitment is conditional on knowing what the dates will be so as to balance real-life schedules.

BTW, since these are small shorter missions, I would suggest making these occur on a weeknights vs. the weekends so as to maximize your potential for commitments.

Further, you may want to consider just defining the day(s) (eg. Tuesday night) for the event now and then nail those days down to actual dates later when things get more aligned on your end.
                          Hi!
                          I understand your concern about dates, i think this is the main issue for most people. I will speak with the admins and try to build a schedule for the next months and i will definitely bring your suggestions to the table. Thank you.

Originally posted by Shoomfie View Post
                          So let me get this straight: You're trying to get a bunch of people signed up, and then, depending on the mission/availability, you'll assign certain characters to certain days? July-Mid August are super busy for me, so if this happens inside that frame of time I'll have to decline. But hopefully this turn out well for you guys, and we get to do it again this fall/winter!

Hi!
                          The missions will include all the players, the only exception will be the pre deployment training(PDT). It would be too difficult to handle more than 10 players at a time for the PDT. So this is why that depending on how many players sign up, we would have 2 or 3 PDT sessions prior the to missions in "theater".

Originally posted by Morbo513 View Post
                          This sounds like a really great idea. A couple questions though; 1, How will player death be handled and 2, if a player using an asset (Air or Armour) is unable to attend would it not be possible to have someone else who isn't already assigned fill in for them? I'm sure in a real life situation vital assets like this would have back-up crew members, so drawing up a list of reserves might be a good idea.
                          Hello!
                          First before i answer your questions, everything i say here might change before the beginning or between missions. This entire thing is experimental and even if we try our best to build solid mission "systems", it is something new and of course some things will work well while other not so well. So tweaks and changes will happen between missions. Here i am not talking about "mission editing" (that is the easy part) but everything that goes around it, and believe me there is A LOT of meat on that bone:)

For now ,
                          question number 1 : This is something really important because too many death players breaks the momentum of the game. So far, base respawn with a 3 minutes timer. You will not be allowed outside the compound on your own. Now it really depends on how many players there are in the field. The goal of this is to be realistic without hurting the momentum (that is where the fun is).

So for example if you have a platoon size asset in the field, the respawned players would bunch up, get a ride from one of the MM to a nearby rally point (in the field) where your platoon can send a team to pick you up.

question number 2 : This is where "soldier cards" come into play. If you have someone else in the team with a "armor driving" qualification, that is great! If you don't, well that is too bad :) In real life this is how it is. In theater, you would be amaze of how thin the line can be between a fully operational unit and a non-operational one. But i would not worry about that too much :)

Final word, this event is an experiment and of course glitches will happen. This is where your AARs and feedbacks will become very important. As for the players who cannot commit due to lack of time/personal reasons; Fear not! If everything goes well we will most likely do another one sometimes during the winter. However we have to start somewhere :)

Thanks for you interest.

- Rat
                          sigpic

Comment

I am so excited about this idea and also unable to commit. This has been a busy time and the next 3 months only get busier. After that I have no life again :)

So, i fully support this mission and will strive to do all I can to assist.

The phn keyboard is not my friend
                            |TG-189th| Unkl
                            ArmA 3 Game Officer
                            Dean of Tactical Gamer University
                            189th Infantry Brigade Member
                            SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
                            "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

It as been decided that game sessions would be on SUNDAYS from 15:00h to 18:00h East Canada/Us

As for now, the dates are :

July 29

August 05-12-19-29

Thank you.

-Rat
                              sigpic

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X