ShackTac ACRE Volume Control

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShackTac ACRE Volume Control

Thought you guys might want to try this out. The idea is that it gives you a method to adjust your speaking volume through ACRE - particularly useful for adversarial gaming, but also suitable for coop purposes.

Full details are at the Bohemia Interactive forums here, to include download links:
    http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...Volume-Control

A video breakdown of how it works is below:

You can see examples of this being used to great effect in various recent videos by me, to include:

Re: ShackTac ACRE Volume Control

Nice, I think this has come up more than once. Thanks for another great addon Dslyecxi.
    sigpic

Comment

Awesome videos Dslyecxi!!! GJ

Comment

That is a great mod.
        sigpic

Former Pathfinder
        Former ARMA Admin
        Former ARMA TGU instructor
        Former TGU Headmaster
        Current Noob
        Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

+1 The admins have been aware of this for some time but has dependencies on client-side too obviously. :) Hopefully we'll see it incorporated into future Bravo gameplay.

BTW, actually... is this the new ACRE feature whereby ACRE audible distance is relative to the incoming level of your speaking voice volume? In other words, why do we have to use a control vs. it doing it automatically?
          Last edited by Riyker; 07-24-2012, 08:16 AM.
          sigpic
          I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Originally posted by Riyker View Post
            +1 The admins have been aware of this for some time but has dependencies on client-side too obviously. :) Hopefully we'll see it incorporated into future Bravo gameplay.
            I'm not sure what you mean by this, since I only released this to the public yesterday. It has been featued in all of our videos for months, but there has never been a way for anyone else to use it until now.

BTW, actually... is this the new ACRE feature whereby ACRE audible distance is relative to the incoming level of your speaking voice volume? In other words, why do we have to use a control vs. it doing it automatically?
            If you want to use the fairytale powered-by-pixiedust 'automatic' method that ACRE claims to support by default, feel free. This version is for those of us who don't believe that that version actually works as advertised, and want something that absolutely 100% works every time for every player regardless of their microphone setup.

The default ACRE method assumes some really improbable things - one, that every single player is going to turn of automatic gain control in TS3 and have a quality mic, two, that everyone's mics are the same general levels, three, that it can suss out how loud you mean to be talking based on mic input, and four, that it can actually represent this. I have found the conditions of use to be comically impractical for a community of any decent size to adopt, and the results to be very lacking even in the best-case scenario. This mod is a response to that, and this works as-advertised, the same for everyone, in a way where there is zero question as to how your voice will come out. If you set it to whisper, that is a whisper, it's not you hoping that ACRE interprets your mic/speaking/settings correctly this time vs next time you talk. This is foolproof - default ACRE's attempt at this concept is far from that.

Comment

I have the same question.

Never mind answered above :)
              The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

me gusta.
                Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Thanks for another great mod, I will certainly use it along with the others that you have brought to us.

Comment

Yeah Dslyecxi, I wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about the mod you released -- kudos on that. I was commenting on the ACRE patch (several ago) where they added this new feature I'm referencing.

Apparently this new feature is a client-side ACRE setting that needs to be incorporated into the missions as I understand it -- this "mode" isn't enabled by default. Is that what your mod is using or are you just changing the dynamic output of ACRE as an alternative?

If I recall correctly, this new feature isn't the normal distance leveling we all get frustrated by currently, whereby volume dissipates as you move further away but isn't consistent, nor reliable. This new feature is supposed to be a setting that can be enabled that was adjust output based on your output level vs. distance; in other words incoming gain = output effective output range. So you are heard farther away when you shout vs. whisper.

Note: I should mention that I have not actually tested this new ACRE feature first hand -- so not sure if it works as advertised or not. :)

Sorry for the confusion.
                    sigpic

Comment

If I recall correctly, this new feature isn't the normal distance leveling we all get frustrated by currently, whereby volume dissipates as you move further away but isn't consistent, nor reliable. This new feature is supposed to be a setting that can be enabled that was adjust output based on your output level vs. distance; in other words incoming gain = output effective output range. So you are heard farther away when you shout vs. whisper.

Note: I should mention that I have not actually tested this new ACRE feature first hand -- so not sure if it works as advertised or not. :)

Sorry for the confusion.
                      The 'new feature' is the fairytale pixiedust method I referenced in my earlier post. There are two options - try that and be disappointed, or try this and have a working, intuitive, simple method to get guaranteed, reproducible results. I am completely confident that this method is better - that's why I made it. :)

Comment

Admins: Use this. It is absolutely awesome, especially for TvT's... of which I know are growing here.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

We will consider it

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
                          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

Originally posted by Toptonic - Butler View Post
                            Admins: Use this. It is absolutely awesome, especially for TvT's... of which I know are growing here.
                            +1 on this.

Originally posted by Dslyecxi View Post
                            The 'new feature' is the fairytale pixiedust method I referenced in my earlier post. There are two options - try that and be disappointed, or try this and have a working, intuitive, simple method to get guaranteed, reproducible results. I am completely confident that this method is better - that's why I made it. :)
                            Thanks Dslyecxi -- glad you all tested it. I was secretly hoping you were wrong -- that this feature was indeed working. Me gusta.

Also too -- what's the mod you guys use to take command of a squad via scripting/menu? I remember playing once and there was a menu option in yellow that appeared on the HUD popup (aka like the interaction menus). Is that available to the community at all?

Boy ... that's a nice feautre missing from the game! There are countless times where I needed it, losing command just because I passed out -- only never to get it back seeing that the game decided to conveniently pass it on to someone else in theg group. :icon22:
                            sigpic

Comment

Also too -- what's the mod you guys use to take command of a squad via scripting/menu? I remember playing once and there was a menu option in yellow that appeared on the HUD popup (aka like the interaction menus). Is that available to the community at all?

Boy ... that's a nice feautre missing from the game! There are countless times where I needed it, losing command just because I passed out -- only never to get it back seeing that the game decided to conveniently pass it on to someone else in theg group. :icon22:
                              That mod is st_interact, something I did... two-ish years ago? Somewhere in that range. If there was interest, I could work that into a public-releasable version. The reason I haven't thus far is simply because it is one of those things that could potentially mess up missions designed without it in mind. At one point I was investigating how to tweak it to be public-friendly, but I ended up getting sidetracked and forgetting about it.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X