Suggestion for Alpha: Domi fix

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Suggestion for Alpha: Domi fix

I feel it would benefit the vanilla server if I or someone would add a UI dialog that pops up when someone joins[after they slot(after the zoom in intro)]. it would include a few lines of rules and the SOP, with a "I have read and accept these terms" which then lets them in or a decline portion which then kicks them.
    I feel it would eliminate a lot of the problems with the alpha server, which include players taking and destroying assets without permission, and gives the admin a break on telling people the rules & SOP.

-Yink
    Yink | Vanilla Pilot | Killer of Stirling | CS GOD | Projects Team

Re: Suggestion for Alpha: Domi fix

I’m not sure a script requiring action by a player or they are kicked is possible. My guess is that it isn’t possible.

Somebody…not necessarily an admin, has to stay at the main and not play, and greet everyone as they spawn in. Get them squared away and get them to properly squad up. Some of us have done this in the past but it means periods of boredom when nobody is logging in so it isn’t much fun.

Comment

Originally posted by ZAP44 View Post
      I’m not sure a script requiring action by a player or they are kicked is possible. My guess is that it isn’t possible. Somebody…not necessarily an admin, has to stay at the main and not play, and greet everyone as they spawn in. Get them squared away and get them to properly squad up.
      im 95% sure its possible, and also we could go without the UI dialog and put a sign near the spawn (like in patrol Ops) or something similar.

im trying to make this the servers job before they take their first step.

Comment

Biggest problem being Domi isnt a TG made mission, we would then need to edit it just to add this script and in that cause there is just so many other fixes that can be done

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
        So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/hintC

its a one line deal, just have to type in what we want displayed. just scrap the kick idea, and this being a rules SOP board when someone joins. all they have to do is click continue.

Comment

Hmmm.... loooking on Six Updater for @PopupBlocker. :row__590:
            sigpic

Comment

@Yink
              That was used throughout my mission series in Fallujah. ARMX look for it there are there. Depbo and have a look.

@zinfondel
              Please use the CAA thread so we can better manage our database.

TGU Instructor TG Pathfinder

Former TGU Dean Former ARMA Admin Former Irregulars Officer

"Do not seek death. Death will find you. But seek the road which makes death a fulfillment." - Dag Hammarskjold

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
              X