ARMA 3 is coming!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ARMA 3 is coming!

I'm sure you're all already aware of this by now. Anyway, the Community Alpha will be out shortly after Gamescon is over. I'm super excited for this, and was wondering if anyone else shared my enthusiasm for this? The game (even in alpha preview stages) looks leaps and strides better than anything Arma has ever seen!

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthrea...-Announcement!

What are your thoughts on A3?

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
    "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Re: ARMA 3 is coming!

I just bought OA this morning. Didnt even get to start it before I left for work :( I knew 3 was coming but Ive read conflicting stories saying late this year more like early next year so I thought I was safe spending the money on OA....the Alpha doesnt excite me, Im sure I have to (and plan to) upgrade for 3....they should take there time

Comment

I do always wait 4-6 months before I buy games. Out of the simple reason that it'll be cheaper and there might be already 1 or 2 'bigger' patches.
      So I'll do with ArmA3. And for TG, we should think about the point, that it would be possible that we lose 'some' players due to the reason that they do not have the financial resources to effort that game soon after release.

Comment

I would pre order it right now, sight unseen, alpha preview or not.

Comment

Indeed. Ive loved ArmA2 but i wont be nostalgic and missing it when its replaced immediately by ArmA3. Cant hardly wait.
          |TG-189th| Unkl
          ArmA 3 Game Officer
          Dean of Tactical Gamer University
          189th Infantry Brigade Member
          SUBMIT A RIBBON NOMINATION OR CONTACT AN ARMA ADMIN
          "We quickly advance in the opposite direction and take cover in a house on the SW side of town." - BadStache

Comment

I'm ready for the next game, but ARMA 2 still has my full attention at the moment!

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

ArmA2 what is that? :D

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
              The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Yes I do share your enthusiasm. In fact I do a daily search to see if I can pre-order it.

I hope to get back on and play some ArmA 2 at least before the alpha comes out though, so many things going on.
                sigpic

Comment

Don't forget you're signed up for the event on Sunday Def. =)

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

I'm waiting for ArmA 3!
                    It has so many new stuff, that we all waited for!
                    Working mirrors, picture-in-picture, Simulation-Like cockpits, ragdools, alot better lightning... it's going to be perfect!

If it's not "too" expensive, I will buy it on Steam ASAP.

But I'm not sure If I'm going to play the multiplayer activly...
                    I really hope ACE and ACRE are getting released for A3 aswell, that's one of the most important things for me.
                    Also, I'm not the fan of this "future" stuff... I would prefer to stay in our present "real time".
                    I hope there will be mods, that are bringing us back to Afghanistan and the present. I want realistic HMMWVs, vehicles, planes, choppers and I want my lovely M4 xD
                    I really hope there will be mods... I'm not very interested in "futuristic" military simulation (at least not online).

But still, ArmA 2 will have my full attention... until all the ArmA 2 stuff is ported to ArmA 3 xD

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                      I'm not very interested in "futuristic" military simulation (at least not online).
                      I really agree with this.

Comment

ACRE/ACE are moving to ArmA3 ASAP I will probably end up waiting for this

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
                        The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
                          ACRE/ACE are moving to ArmA3 ASAP I will probably end up waiting for this
                          Concur -- because unfortunately the base A3 game is going to VERY LIGHT on fixing all the things we had to mod A2 into (age. ACRE, ACE, etc.) for tactical reality/experience. It's mostly the same engine with an esthetics overhaul.

Admittedly I was hoping for more from the core release but I'm no dummy -- I'll just buy and mod up just like A2 -- which is why, I too, will be waiting for before I migrate away from A2 completely.
                          sigpic
                          I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

I'm probably going to play around with the Alpha, but will hold off on buying until ACE3 is released. They say that if you can run A2 than you can run A3. Not exactly sure what that means. But supposedly their fixing/streamlining their code is what they say it means. It'll be interesting to see what they'll do with their current Physx not playing well with multiplayer issue though.

ribbons_volunteer-class1.jpg
                            "WARNING: Don't let me throw frags!"

Comment

I was going for a revamped von which used the best aspects of ts3 and acre...

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X