Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tenative ArmA 3 PC build(critiques welcome!)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tenative ArmA 3 PC build(critiques welcome!)

https://secure.newegg.com/WishList/M...px?ID=19424145

will be adding 2 23" monitors to get triple head going as well but haven't picked them out yet.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Re: Tenative ArmA 3 PC build(critiques welcome!)

Cannot view that, asks to log in. Its your wishlist, your account XD.

List the specs?

If its not a intel 6 core with 12 gigs and dual somethings its not good enough! JK
    sigpic

Do you really want invincible bears running around raping your churches and burning your women?

Intel i7 3930k @ 4.4ghz, 8gb RAM, 2x GTX 570 1gb, OCZ Vertex 3 120 gig SSD

Comment

Hmm strange it should be public.

CASE: CM Storm Trooper

MoBo: Asus Maximus V Gene

CPU: Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge 3.4 ghz

GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 670 "Windforce" 2GB

RAM: Corsair Vengence 2x4GB DDR3 1600

CPU cooler: Zalman CNPS 9900Max-B

Extra case fans: Scythe "Ultra Kraze"

Flight Control System: Logitech G940

Hard drives will be pulled from my current system, 1TB hard disk and 1 60GB SSD

monitors will be 3 23" 1920X1080 16:9 LCDs

Comment

I don't consider myself anything close to a computer expert, but that seems like a killer build, and should be able to handle pretty much anything you throw at it. I like it.!

Comment

Maybe look at a different FCS, the G940 has some horrible reviews

My name: Adept a skilled or proficient person Abyss a deep, immeasurable space, gulf, or cavity
          So I'm a very skilled deep hole :D

Comment

The biggest thing for me with the Logitech was the force feedback, and the reviews are pretty mixed, it's a risk but for force feed back and a complete system that i know works in the two games i want to play(DCS and ArmA2, should work for ArmA3) it's one I am willing to take unless you know of a better stick/system with force feedback

edit: after looking at some forum posts about the bugs people are experiencing and not getting any support from Logitech I have concluded it is indeed a bad system, I am surprised that the professional reviews didn't mention any of these issues.

Comment

Nice maybe get a bigger SSD and more ram prices are pritty low atm for 16 or 32g ram

I use a 60 ssd and only just about have enough space for the OS + arma2
              The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

yeah I was thinking of getting another SSD or two for RAID, as for RAM I am just not sure if more than 8 gigs would be used. About the only time I get close to using the total of the 4 gigs I have now is when I am rendering something in 3D(blender) that has 50+ of large texture files

Comment

I have read different sources and am led to believe that unless you are doing the ram disk thing and intensive multi tasking, that 4gb does just fine and 8gb is way more than enough for most of us. Above that is mostly for "look at me and my fine computer", epeen bragging rights. Even if memory is pretty cheap right now, what good is it if your computer is not using it?

Comment

I'd jump to 16 gig of ram. More is better and it should only cost about $80 bucks. For 2 - 8 gig dimms

Comment

chief is right even if he types it like an adolesant 72 year old :)

you dont need more epeen ram .... unless you plan to some day run win8 or plan on running ts4 and arma3 and recording videos and editing them

If you dont plan on doing those things stick with 8 gig ram

Comment

what chnges with windows 8 that would make more than 8 gig worth while?

Comment

Originally posted by Charles Darwin View Post
                          what chnges with windows 8 that would make more than 8 gig worth while?
                          Who knows ?

They change the way windows works with each version and each update.

but I do know I need 16g ram to do my video editing 32g would make the work much easier
                          Last edited by BL1P; 08-18-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Some people may find that extra 80 bucks hard to find or better spent on parts that will help them run their games better. At least I am still typing and gaming and just finished building my new gaming rig, not bad for a geezer.

Comment

luckily my wife is working again, i got a raise, car will soon be paid off, and i will(most likely) have a new better paying job by next year so it's less about the money and more about simply not needing it and beiong able to spend $80 somewhere else :)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X