I cant seem to stay connected to the TG servers

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant seem to stay connected to the TG servers

Obviously Im new to ArmA so I dont know what I have going on but It seems I have a hard time staying connected to the TG servers. When I first got going a couple days ago with just the Vanilla game I found the Alpha server and dropped out of it twice. Then I couldnt find the Alpha server on the list so I played on the 7th Calvary server and never dropped once. Last night I dl six updater installed ACE and ACRE mods got into the Bravo server and dropped both times. Again I went over to the 7th Calvary server and had no problems.

Any suggestions? I plan to work on it more tonight. Connection problems suck because they can be so hard to fix.

Re: I cant seem to stay connected to the TG servers

sounds like maybe a port issue? I remember a while back there someone else having that issue and i think they got it figured out, maybe try a search and see what you can come up with.

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
    The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

what was the reason for the drop ?
      or was it just connection lost ?
      The path of my life is strewn with cowpats from the devil's own satanic herd.

Comment

Just a connection lost I believe. Not to say it isnt my connection but I do a fair amount of online sim racing also and havent ever had this problem. 10 meg connection from Charter.

Comment

Does it say "Session Lost", if so I'm getting the same message.

"If you're going through hell, keep going" - Winston Churchill

Comment

bandwidth doesn't really affect ping, what is your ping on the server?

Fate whispers to the warrior "You will not survive the storm."
            The warrior whispers back, "I AM the storm."

Comment

Got busy tonight so I never got on but how do I check my ping? Thanks

Comment

You can see your ping to the server via the in-game server list. But a REAL ping can be acheived locally to the Bravo server:

1) Open a Windows Command Prompt (or DOS Prompt depend on your OS version) [or you can Start -> Run... and enter "cmd" to start open a DOS session].
                2) Type "ping 208.43.76.154" <Press Enter>
                3) Take note of the "time" in milliseconds (ms).

Your ping should be 125 or less ideally but some folks play at 200 numbers just fine. Mine is ~50ms for example.

If your pings are within range then you may have a DISconnection issue rather than a static/poor "conversation", meaning that your internet routing or otherwise drops momentarily, thus breaking the conversation.

As Pax mentioned, you may have any number of router realted issues at play here. In fact, some routers are very cheap and can't handle heavy throughput associated with numerous packets back and forth required for gaming. Does this problem happen during other online game play?

If this problem is persistent, don't hesitate getting your Internet Service Provider's technical folks involved. :)

Good luck!
                sigpic
                I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

I re installed six updater and seem to have the issue fixed. Now I just have to get in the server and learn the ropes. Im just so lost it almost seems over whelming. I just have to get in there and start learning.

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                  X