This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ShackTac BunnyHop

Finally got around to releasing this - check out the video below. Thanks to Macolik for creating it.

Last edited by Unkl; 09-04-2012, 11:45 AM. Reason: removed outside link

Re: ShackTac BunnyHop

I was praying for this release. I may not have much time to play anymore but when I do, I hope to see this.

Admins: I cannot say enough about this. We ALL have been killed while trying to traverse a fence before...

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Annnnnnnnnnnnnd now Counterstrike bunny hopping is introduced into ARMA... I'm kidding. Looks sweet.
      Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
      A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

Thanks for the update dyslyecxi. Looks pretty cool:thumbup:
        sigpic

Former Pathfinder
        Former ARMA Admin
        Former ARMA TGU instructor
        Former TGU Headmaster
        Current Noob
        Im also pretty bad at World of Tanks -

Comment

Found this in the 1944 mod. Glad to see we may get this in our regular play too. Surprise ACE hasn't incorporated this yet, to date.

Another great contriution from ShackTac. Dslyexci, where's that "ShackPak" I mentioned, already?! LOL :icon14:
          sigpic
          I run my $#@! new school style with old school roots...

Comment

Originally posted by Riyker View Post
            Found this in the 1944 mod. Glad to see we may get this in our regular play too. Surprise ACE hasn't incorporated this yet, to date.

Another great contriution from ShackTac. Dslyexci, where's that "ShackPak" I mentioned, already?! LOL :icon14:
            Probably because there really isn't a need, just like those "pvp animations", they were unrealistic and kind of goofy. While this may look like its well made and has its place in the ArmAverse, it seems like it doesn't really add anything unless you're running around in a combat situation and you feel necessary to jump all over the place.

Also: When I say unrealistic, I mean that here's your 15kg (or heavier) combat gear (thats just the body armor, etc), now heres 25-30kg of weapons, ammo, grenades, etc. Okay, now run and jump over that 2ft tall obstacle without falling, stumbling, sustaining any injury or pain ,or losing any horizontal speed. No? That's what I thought.

Note: I'm not saying anything bad about the addon or the addon maker. I am just stating that this isn't necessary nor appropriate for TacticalGamer gameplay.
            Blackpython / ZephyrDark
            Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
              Probably because there really isn't a need, just like those "pvp animations", they were unrealistic and kind of goofy. While this may look like its well made and has its place in the ArmAverse, it seems like it doesn't really add anything unless you're running around in a combat situation and you feel necessary to jump all over the place.
              Oh, really? Take a look at this, let me know how your default "I must stop to make it over a tiny fence!" behavior is somehow better than what this adds.

Also: When I say unrealistic, I mean that here's your 15kg (or heavier) combat gear (thats just the body armor, etc), now heres 25-30kg of weapons, ammo, grenades, etc. Okay, now run and jump over that 2ft tall obstacle without falling, stumbling, sustaining any injury or pain ,or losing any horizontal speed. No? That's what I thought.
              One would have to be in remarkably bad shape to not be able to accomplish the basic premise that this mod is based off of. Nitpicking over the details of the animation and missing the intent of the mod seems kind of... silly.

Note: I'm not saying anything bad about the addon or the addon maker. I am just stating that this isn't necessary nor appropriate for TacticalGamer gameplay.
              This is a pretty wild thing to say. Perhaps try it before you slag it so much? For someone listing themselves as a Pathfinder and "TGU Instructor", one would think you'd be a little more open to new ideas.

(you are the only person I have run into so far with such a hate-on for this mod, fwiw.)

Comment

I apologize if my post sounded bitter or viscous, I was more so trying to state my own opinion. I was not trying to say that this isn't 'better' when it comes to game-play. I was just stating, I was not a fan of it. Looking back on my post, I was a incorrect in my stating that it was a general opinion of TacticalGamer, but I was merely stating that I didn't personally feel it would make sense. I was just stating my argument against its use if it was to be argued to added to TacticalGamer's mod set.

I did not mean to try to "hate on" the addon. Everyone has their own opinion, and I was just stating mine. So, again, I am sorry for if my post offended you in any way.
                Blackpython / ZephyrDark
                Former 31st RECCE Member

Comment

I do agree with Python on the realism aspect since he mentioned the combat gear part. I've never been in the military, so the closest thing I can compare it to is having 50lbs worth of hiking gear on my back whilst trekking some (small) mountain trails. Jogging isn't much of an issue. Jumping more than a hop however isn't safely happening for me. Not to say a lean mean military machine of a soldier isn't fully capable of it, but how much weight and fatigue would affect that performance are certainly valid questions when considering realism. All these questions can be answered once we have tried and are comfortable with the mod of course.
                  Q: How many members of Congress does it take to change a light bulb?
                  A: None. There is nothing wrong with the light bulb; its conditions are improving every day. Any reports of its lack of incandescence are delusional spin from the liberal media. That light bulb has served honorably, and anything you say undermines the lighting effort. Why do you hate freedom?!?

Comment

From a realism point of view, hopping over a fence while jogging is totally possible. You'll even notice that the player slows down just before and after the jump. I don't think there really is enough to this to not at least try it. It's not like it makes game play more complicated in any way.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by ZephyrDark View Post
                      I apologize if my post sounded bitter or viscous, I was more so trying to state my own opinion. I was not trying to say that this isn't 'better' when it comes to game-play. I was just stating, I was not a fan of it. Looking back on my post, I was a incorrect in my stating that it was a general opinion of TacticalGamer, but I was merely stating that I didn't personally feel it would make sense. I was just stating my argument against its use if it was to be argued to added to TacticalGamer's mod set.

I did not mean to try to "hate on" the addon. Everyone has their own opinion, and I was just stating mine. So, again, I am sorry for if my post offended you in any way.
                      If only everyone could admit to their mistakes like you. +1 internet

|TG-Irr|Sockman

Comment

I haven't tried it, but to be honest, I personally don't want to see it on Bravo.

I have no problem with the current "step over". I'm not sure if this "bunny-hopping" is really "needed".
                        Don't take it as personal offense, but the animations are looking pretty "weird" and I would still prefer the original animations.
                        Also, I support the argument with 40kg of gear... I'm pretty sure you can't just "jump" over something like that, even if I have no real-life military experience.
                        I understand the argument, that it is very unrealistic to "Step-Over" very small stuff, like little fence etc. But with this mod, you could easily jump over big stuff aswell.

I personally don't like to see it on Bravo.

Comment

Totally unrealistic, right?

I have had dozens upon dozens of instances where having st_bunnyhop has made for a more enjoyable, fluid, and fun experience. I have seen precisely zero instances in all of our recent gaming where it has had anything even vaguely resembling a negative impact. Zero. Nada. None.

I don't get some of the negative-nancy attitudes about this addon. Some of you are getting too hung up about the specifics of the animation, and missing the fact that the functionality is the important part.

vOv

Comment

Originally posted by Andy View Post
                            I understand the argument, that it is very unrealistic to "Step-Over" very small stuff, like little fence etc. But with this mod, you could easily jump over big stuff aswell.

It's not unrealistic at all... You can easily maintain momentum and get yourself over an object like this. It's called a combat vault, and it's done by using your own weight as a force to bring yourself over the object quickly.

I'm starting to think people just don't like change... it's a simple addon. It's not like you are going to sprint over the fence, just not lose all forward movement. Most of the arguments I've seen against it are moot points.

Comment

Thank you Dslyecxi, looks interesting. As ever, whether or not something is added to the mod list is ultimately decided by the Arma Administration. Great to see people still working to innovate on the engine and enhance the experience. Keep em coming!

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X