Scorpion Ops: "Neptune Recovery" Oct 13

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [EVENT] Scorpion Ops: "Neptune Recovery" Oct 13

I present to you, the third in a series of operations featuring Scorpion.
    Scorpion OPS:
    "Neptune Recovery"

Sat Oct 13th(TBA) 14:00 CST (Chicago) / 19:00 GMT (London)

These missions chronicle the activities of a black ops QRF unit detailed to investigate and analyze the most dangerous threats which present an immediate clear and present danger to not only our own country, but the greater community of nations, and the world.

The Developing Situation
    The following details are a part of the mission briefing...

Scorpion Actual: "This comes straight from the Director. The United Kingdom has a compromised MI6 agent deep undercover in CLAFGHN. Codenamed NEPTUNE. This agent is not a British civilian but a foreign operative sympathetic to the west. CIs like this are the rarest kind of third party resource and have the potential to provide the most sensitive HUMINT available. The Brits lost contact with him 72 hours ago. NIMROD, the NSAs communications monitoring directive, has been crunching cellular transmissions and radio coms in and around the area and the data mined from several phone conversations has enemy reports of a captive held in a compound in North Central Clafghan. MI6 indicates that in their agents last report, he came across some very sensitive information about not only our current target, Khaled Ibn Furquan, but also intel on the source of the radio-activity we experienced in Fallujah. His reports alluded to a possible source of the money trail as well. DOD has reinvested in our effort and the Office of Strategic Operations has submitted a strike proposal after working with the National Reconnaissance Office on area analysis of North Central Clafghan. This man may be our only hope to finding exactly what is being planned and if his MI6 handlers’ suspicions are correct, there may be a higher power directing everything Furqan is doing. Our job is to get to that Agent and extract him while holding off the enemy as long as possible. This area has experienced a resurgence of Taliban and Al-Qaeda forces so expect some serious combat.

Prepare to get your hands dirty, our probability for success is low, but as stated before, we're trained to even the odds in asymmetric warfare. This man is a fountain of information for us and we do not have an explanation as to why he has not yet been executed.

We deploy at 02:00. Gear up and prepare to get Mean. That is all.”

Air Assets: You’ve been given access to several air assets within 20 clicks of the AO. They are located at a NATO base that is in the final stages of decommission so ordinance and fuel will be scarce at best. Scorpion does not have a resident pilot team; Joint Operations Command has assigned you one US pilot rated TOPGUN, and one British Pilot rated QUE-WHY(Qualified Weapons Instructor) so your flight talent is as elite as it gets.

Ground Assets: At request from the Director, Fort Bragg has assigned a veteran Recon team and JTAC training officer to your unit for the upcoming mission. You’ve got the best you can get on such short notice.

Scorpion Roster
    1-1-A - "Scorpion 6"

Scorpion Actual: LZ_Baker

JTAC/XO: Garthra

Medical Operator: Joman

Medical Operator: Liquid

1-1-B - "Scorpion 1"

Team Leader: Dimitrius

Operator: zilfondel

Operator: CorpDuty

Senior Operator: B

Operator: ghadlan

Operator:Noah

1-1-C - "Scorpion 2"

Team Leader: Butler

Operator:|TG-Irr| Lonewolf80

Operator: DEF

Senior Operator: PaxJarome

Operator: Andy

Operator: BloodDrops

1-1-D - "Scorpion Recon"

Sniper: Chichco

Spotter: Ghadlan

1-1-E - "Scorpion Flight"

Flight Lead: AdeptAbyss

Pilot: Fr33Bird

Disclaimer/Warning:
    This is a mission meant for the experienced. As always, anyone is welcome to sign up and no one will be turned away, but be warned, the action in this mission requires proper combat restraint, quick thinking, and a quick trigger finger. There will be lots of coordinated take-downs.

Flight Disclaimer/Warning:
    The JTAC must be proficient with radio coms, strike language(9 liners), and be familiar with the proper use of Map Tools. Pilots must also reflect these qualities. Expert flying skills with both fixed wing and rotary aircraft are expected as the terrain around Clafghan is completely unforgiving.

Recon Disclaimer/Warning:
    Recon units are expected to have expert sharpshooting skills as they may be called on to engage from drastic distances and across severe elevation differences. There is no guarantee that the Sniper or the Spotter will have responsibilities beyond enemy observation. Scorpion Actual will decide whether or not Recon is to be used offensively as the mission progresses.

Sector puts it the best, we will be enforcing "Dead men cannot talk" Rules.

Use the following template for sign up; Be thorough in your responses.
    In Game Name:
    In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none):
    Leadership Abilities:
    Specialties (Include Vehicles):
    Are you a TG Pathfinder?
    Additional Information: (Requests for certain positions, etc)

Editors Notes: If you sign up for this event, plan on being there. We've had a few instances where people will sign up and not show up to the events several times in a row. Though we have been rather lenient on the no-shows in the recent past, this practice needs to stop. If you sign up for the event, set a reminder on your phone, set an alarm on your calendar, do whatever you need to remind yourself that you signed up and need to be present at LEAST half an hour before kickoff. Patronage of these events is a commitment; they are not nightly games. We put a lot of time into the planning/execution and I put a lot of time into creating the missions. This is how you put your training to the test; this is Tactical Gaming at its best, you are a large part of proving our overall excellence, and you will not tolerate anything less. As in all games, real life takes precedence over anything in cyber space, but please give 24 hour notice of any cancellations if possible.

Last edited by Unkl; 10-04-2012, 09:54 PM. Reason: To fix the Duh

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Re: Scorpion Ops: "Neptune Recovery" Mid October Weekend 2012

Reserved for future in-depth Mission Briefing. Also, please Sticky this post. Thank you in advance.
    Last edited by Dimitrius; 09-04-2012, 06:11 PM.

Current ARMA Development Project: No Current Project

"An infantryman needs a leader to be the standard against which he can judge all soldiers."

Friend of |TG| Chief

Comment

In Game Name: Butler (or something similar, I'm not really sure at this point...)
      In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none): Tactical Gamer
      Leadership Abilities: SL, NCOIC
      Specialties (Include Vehicles): Not a licensed pilot, but I've been known to pull a few quick extracts successfully.
      Are you a TG Pathfinder? Negative.
      Additional Information: I REALLY hope I can make it to this. I am aware the date has yet to be announced, but I don't have anything planned yet so let's hope.

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones. -Albert Einstein

Comment

In Game Name: Noah
        In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none): Unaffiliated
        Leadership Abilities: I could lead a fireteam
        Specialties (Include Vehicles): I am a patient driver
        Are you a TG Pathfinder? No
        Additional Information: (Requests for certain positions, etc) Awww yeah round 3!
        sigpic

Comment

In Game Name: BloodDrops
          In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none): |TG-73rd|
          Leadership Abilities: SL FTL (some CO)
          Specialties (Include Vehicles): Demolitions and anti tank
          Are you a TG Pathfinder? no
          Additional Information: (Requests for certain positions, etc)
          |TG-73rd|BloodDrops2094
          Le Mans 24 hour race attendee - 2010

Former |TG-Irr| and |TG-18th| member and proud of each of them.

Comment

In Game Name: Garthra
            Leadership Abilities: FTL/Senior Operator
            Specialties (Include Vehicles): None.
            Additional Information: Passable JTAC operator, spotter, and sniper. Passable = Able to fufill if no better option; have knowledge and skills required for each role (9 line/maptools/windage calculations, etc.), but would not rate myself as specialized. Note- this is not a request for either position. Merely an FYI for mission planning.

Looks like this should be fun!
            Last edited by Garthra; 09-05-2012, 06:37 AM.
            The question foremost in my mind is "what will bring the most tactical fun to the server?"

Comment

In Game Name: Chichco
              In-House Division: nope
              Leadership Abilities: nope
              Specialties (Include Vehicles): yep
              Are you a TG Pathfinder? nope
              Additional Information: sniper

Comment

In Game Name: Liquid
                In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none):
                Leadership Abilities: SL, Senior Medic
                Specialties (Include Vehicles): everything in land, still struguling to get better at flying
                Are you a TG Pathfinder? Negative.
                Additional Information: I would really like to make it to the mission, I think that I have the knowledge as a medic to help boost the effectiveness of the unit, and to keep the momentum of the unit

Comment

In Game Name: |TG-Irr| Lonewolf80
                  In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none): Irregulars
                  Leadership Abilities: I've been a squad leader a couple times, and have tried a platoon commander in Patrol Ops a couple as well, but would rather let mre experienced people take the position.
                  Specialties (Include Vehicles): I can drive all sorts of land vehicles. Airplanes and helicopters? Not so well.
                  Additional Information: I'm comfortable as a medical operator or a senior operator or below. Not too fond of higher leadership roles.

|TG-Irr| Lonewolf80

Comment

In Game Name: Gabriel
                    Leadership Abilities: none
                    Specialties (Include Vehicles): None.
                    Additional Information: I know how to play as medic, AT, and regular inf, but I'm not an expert at any of these roles.

Comment

In Game Name: Andy
                      Leadership Abilities: FTL
                      Specialties (Include Vehicles): Bad with AT
                      Additional Information: (Requests for certain positions, etc): Will be there, time's okay!

Comment

In Game Name:|TG-Irr| Tiberia
                        In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none): Irregulars
                        Specialties (Include Vehicles): AR. Medic, AT
                        Additional Information: Looking forward to this !!!

Comment

In Game Name: ghadlan
                          In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none): none
                          Specialties (Include Vehicles): Steadfast rifleman.
                          Additional Information: Useless with grenades.
                          sigpic|TG-6th|ghadlan
                          [unit][armor]

Sure I have flown plenty of choppers, I have just never landed one.

Comment

In Game Name: PaxJarome
                            Leadership Abilities: medium (FTL)
                            Specialties (Include Vehicles): MEDICAL FIELDLOGISTICS & COMBATMEDIC
                            Are you a TG Pathfinder? nope
                            Additional Information: medic pls :> and there will be no disconnect at this event, fixed problem on a little bit unusual way >:D

Comment

In Game Name: LZ_Baker
                              In-House Division (Unaffiliated if none): U
                              Leadership Abilities: FTL, SL
                              Specialties (Include Vehicles): MBT, APC, etc
                              Are you a TG Pathfinder? N
                              Additional Information: (Requests for certain positions, etc): No travel in October (so far...)

Comment

Connect

Collapse

TeamSpeak 3 Server

Collapse

Advertisement

Collapse

Twitter Feed

Collapse

Working...
                              X